Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reverse Engineer 20% Broken

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Reverse Engineer 20% Broken

Tickdoff-Tank
08.04.2012 , 10:53 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by ZudetGambeous View Post
There are probably close to 10 million RE event taking place across the game every day. Which means people have the possibility of seeing all sorts of statistically unlikely events.

So there is probably at least 1 poor soul out there every so often who sees no crits after 60 RE's(~1 in 10 million chance)... just be glad you aren't that guy.

The devs have access to the overall numbers (sample size hundreds of millions, not the 50 or so yours is) and see a 20% rate, so there is no problem
Back in January I used Fraps to record my attempts at REing an item. I RE'd 134 of the same green to get it to blue. I was pretty annoyed by this.

Of course I got the next 2 blues from that green in about 10 more tries, and got several purples (including the one I wanted) quickly as well. I know I should have just given up when it took me so many greens, but I decided that I would NOT let the game beat me. Irrational, but there it is.
"He uses statistics like a drunken man uses a lightpost: For support rather than Illumination." E. Lang

finelinebob
08.04.2012 , 06:51 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Tickdoff-Tank View Post
... I know I should have just given up when it took me so many greens, but I decided that I would NOT let the game beat me. Irrational, but there it is.
I know EXACTLY how you feel, and it's one of the things that makes me even angrier about crafting in this game. I'm too stupid to stop.
Jedi Guardian JonBonJovi'wan
"Wanted: Dead or Alive"
Defenders of Monkeys - Prophecy of the Five
DatacronHunter's Video Guides to Datacrons | Datacron Spreadsheet