Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Certificate authentication failed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Certificate authentication failed
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Cokeman
12.18.2011 , 10:53 PM | #1
"Certificate authentication Failed"

So this is the error message I get immediately after running the install file when I try to launch the game.

I have followed the guides and run the repair tool. Uninstalled and tried again. Reset my computer and checked the time and date. Anyone else having this problem?

Cokeman
12.18.2011 , 11:04 PM | #2
I have also just re-downloaded the installed multiple times. Nothing seems to work.

Cokeman
12.18.2011 , 11:05 PM | #3
Should also note that I am running Windows Xp.

Xaryell
12.19.2011 , 10:11 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello Cokeman,

If you are still experiencing this error, please try the following two steps first
  • Please ensure that the date on your computer is correct (date, time, timezone, Network Time Protocol sync is turned on).
  • If you are using Windows XP, we recommend that you install the Microsoft Update for Root Certificates, available here.
    (Please note, we are not responsible for the content of external websites.)
I hope this helps to resolve your issue.

Xaryell | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

nomadel
12.20.2011 , 10:24 AM | #5
Dear sir i also have the same problem and i followed your instructions but nothing happened.i also tried to follow the link you mentioned but it doesnt exist.Please help me because i have done my payment from yesterday and i still cant play the game.

nomadel
12.20.2011 , 10:52 AM | #6
Iam sorry i was wrong about the website you mentioned my browser had a problem.Anyway i still cant make it work.I get the same message