Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

any one else concerned with too many characters dying?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
any one else concerned with too many characters dying?

07.10.2012 , 05:27 PM | #1
i wouldn't mind so much but with darth severin and the dread masters winding up either dying or being on the verge of becoming killable it seemed like even the safe ******es aren't so safe. I don;t know if the republic suffers from this as well but it seems like every one who isn't a player character and is awesome in their own right is dying. malgus, severin, tons of dark council members, darth lacyhis (i think thats how her name is spelled), and well a ton more besides the only ones i seem to have gotten to know on my sith inquisitor who isn't dead is darth morr, darth mortis, and darth ravage and not only did i just meet them but i am pretty sure i'll be killing one or more of them in the futre.

09.26.2012 , 09:50 AM | #2
a lot die full stop

09.26.2012 , 10:08 AM | #3
it is war after all, at the scale of the galaxy. People die..

but yes, I agree with you, as a republic character you kill 3 (4 if you're the jedi knight) members of the dark council, just on Corellia alone, it's like a quarter of the entire council, the most elite and powerful group of sith in the galaxy...

09.26.2012 , 11:26 PM | #4
Well, I suspect that M* survived his fall at the end of False Emperor.

And BW pretty much confirmed that R* used "Fold-Space" and retreated to safety at the end of the Foundry.

So not everyone we've "killed" is dead.

Anyway according to Datamining we've actually got an Operation between killing the Dread Masters and Terror from Beyond it's tentatively called

But yeah, a lot of the Dark Council is dead (play as a Republic JK and do your Corellia class quests + Corellia and Illum storylines and you kill A LOT of the Dark Council)
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

09.27.2012 , 05:19 AM | #5
Malgus really needs to come back.

I don't want to believe someone would kill of a character after dedicating a full Novel to him and hyping him up via trailers and other sources of advertisement (CE Edition statue, etc...)

That being said. if they
I'm jumping ship.

And yeah, i joined him.
I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest, honestly.

It's the honest ones you want to watch out for. Because you can never predict when they're gonna do something incredibly stupid.

10.01.2012 , 11:13 AM | #6
The empire is a dangerous place. If the republic isn't trying to kill you than everyone around you is in a bid to advance their positions. It makes sense that there's a high turnover at the top. That being said, I don't think most deaths can be taken at face value. Given how powerful at least some of these characters are, they may not actually be dead.

10.01.2012 , 08:31 PM | #7
This is war, son! People are gonna die! lol

In all seriousness, These first few chapters in the TOR saga are about the advancement of the big eight in the greater galaxy. So some people have to be pushed aside. No doubt the JC is going to end up being the Grand master of the Jedi Order which means Satele is going to have to go. The Warrior is pretty much the big fish in the Empire at the time so we'll see where that goes.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

10.21.2012 , 02:32 PM | #8
Well... I hate to burst your bubble but it was confirmed by a Dev in an interview that Malgus is toast. They did however hint that he did have an apprentice and this apprentice might not be too happy about us killing their master.

EDIT: Link for the inevitable request ->

The Malgus part is towards the end of the interview

10.22.2012 , 08:58 AM | #9
malgus,dead?NO!NO I CAN'T ACCEPT THAT!
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

11.01.2012 , 03:21 PM | #10
[hillbilly jedi voice]
Ya'll Imps are gonna learn that War means Fightin' and Fightin' means Killin'!.
[/hillbilly jedi voice]

That said... I'm glad Malgus is gone. Never liked him much.