Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Flashpoint Loot Priorities.


MyTechie's Avatar


MyTechie
07.10.2012 , 04:48 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Vithalor View Post
First off, I'm didn't make this thread to complain or cry about my loss of gear. I'm so over it it's not even funny. But, it's obviously an issue that'll continue to happen, to most likely everyone in time, the longer it's allowed to continue.
This is not an issue to me, its an issue with you and I'm sure its an issue to those who feel they have been "ninja'd" out of gear. The very vocal minority.

Quote: Originally Posted by Vithalor View Post
Defining 'need' imHo, comes down to common sense and decency.
When I run a flashpoint, it's for gear to improve my character.
When I need credits, I do quests, or other activities that allow me to gain credits without robbing other players of potential rewards in the process. Why? Decency.
When I need gear for my companion, I buy it off the GTN, I get it from quests, or IF NO PLAYER NEEDS it for their character, I MIGHT need a piece of gear in a flashpoint.
When I need mods... I honestly think a piece of gear in a flashpoint is probably the last place I'd look. The chance that the exact mod I need 'might' drop from a random piece of gear, is likely slim to none, and again.. I can probably get that same mod or better of the GTN or from a crafter friend, so again... why would I rob a fellow player of something that more directly benefits them.
Thats how you play, and your entailed to play that way, but to expect other players to play this way is nieve, no? Comparing the loss of gear to thievery is a little extreme, don't you think?

Quote: Originally Posted by Vithalor View Post
I get it, not everyone considers the same things that I do, but I personally feel, as I'm sure most of us do, that NEEDING a piece of gear should be mostly reserved for players looking to directly influence the stats on THEIR character. ESPECIALLY when there are other, unobtrusive ways to get EVERYTHING else they need.
Your assuming too much, One thing that MMO's have taught me over the years is that the minority is the most vocal group. Because of this, individuals such as your self ASSUME that its the way it is. When in reality, its not.

I agree the system needs to be fixed. But not for the reasons you give. It should be fixed to end these ridiculous posts about loosing gear one assumes they deserve over another player.

Vithalor's Avatar


Vithalor
07.10.2012 , 04:59 PM | #22
If it's naive to hope that people would be a bit more considerate, color me guilty.
You're taking WAY too harshly everything that I'm saying.

I'm not in any way stating that it's 'my way or the high way', I'm simply expressing that more consideration would be nice.

I'm not naive, I'm hopeful. What a horrible thing to be. :P

MrSchmo's Avatar


MrSchmo
07.10.2012 , 05:00 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by MyTechie View Post
Again, define what "NEED" means to you, then define what "NEED" means to another player?
- I NEED Credits (Valid)
- I NEED gear for my Companion (Valid)
- I NEED the gears mods (Valid)
- I NEED it for <insert reason here>

Who are you to ASSUME what "NEED" means to another player?

See what Im getting at? I feel your pain, you lost a roll, so do what the rest of us do, RUN IT AGAIN. Its really that simple.

And please, enough with the whole "LAZY" argument, its not a valid response to your issue at hand.

You sound like a ninja.
That's why they call it space, cause there is so much of it.

GnatB's Avatar


GnatB
07.10.2012 , 05:20 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Vithalor View Post
I'm honestly FINE with letting someone need a piece of gear for a companion if no PLAYER needs it. I think the priority should stay Player > Companion though. Most people need that gear for PVE content where your companion is NOT present.
well, the whole point of the need/greed/pass system is you don't have to have discussions about who can roll on stuff, who needs it, who just wants the money, etc. having to ask if people want it for themselves vs. companions before clicking the "need" button arguably defeats the whole point of having need/greed options in the first place.

To be fair though, I tend to hate the whole concept of rolling on loot, esp. in content designed for multiple characters, Everybody should just get their OWN loot, period. Ideally targetted towards their character (and in this game, possibly companions)

Haseen's Avatar


Haseen
07.10.2012 , 05:25 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by GnatB View Post
well, the whole point of the need/greed/pass system is you don't have to have discussions about who can roll on stuff, who needs it, who just wants the money, etc. having to ask if people want it for themselves vs. companions before clicking the "need" button arguably defeats the whole point of having need/greed options in the first place.

To be fair though, I tend to hate the whole concept of rolling on loot, esp. in content designed for multiple characters, Everybody should just get their OWN loot, period. Ideally targetted towards their character (and in this game, possibly companions)
This wasn't in World of Warcraft so why would it be in SWTOR? This is an exact copy with light sabers after all. How about some original ideas and content Bioware...

TheBetty's Avatar


TheBetty
07.10.2012 , 06:41 PM | #26
Typical of Jedi Scum! lol

No seriously that sucks dude. Even when I want gear for my companions, that doesn't do anything for me, I still greed it and hope for the best.

I hate loot ninjas! *force chokes a random pigeon*
If force choking Jawas is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Tahana's Avatar


Tahana
07.10.2012 , 07:23 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by MyTechie View Post
Again, define what "NEED" means to you, then define what "NEED" means to another player?
- I NEED Credits (Valid)
- I NEED gear for my Companion (Valid)
- I NEED the gears mods (Valid)
- I NEED it for <insert reason here>

Who are you to ASSUME what "NEED" means to another player?

See what Im getting at? I feel your pain, you lost a roll, so do what the rest of us do, RUN IT AGAIN. Its really that simple.

And please, enough with the whole "LAZY" argument, its not a valid response to your issue at hand.

The above is an example of what no social etiquette is a prime example of a loot ninja. They justify their abhorrent behavior by any means necessary and quite honestly obtain some pathologically psychotic joy in their behavior. This is the reason why LFG should never, ever go cross server.

I am not saying the person I quoted IS one, I'm saying what he posted is a prime example of one.
May the Schwartz be with you
There is no glue, no pill, no tool that can fix stupid.

Heezdedjim's Avatar


Heezdedjim
07.10.2012 , 08:04 PM | #28
TL;DR aside, it would make sense to prevent NEED rolls on any piece of boss loot that does not match your AC. If the person who has that AC doesn't want it, of if there is nobody in party with that AC (which should not happen any more anyway with the new "smart" drops), then they can pass and let it fall to the greed rolls. This would save endless amounts of loot drama and ignore list spots, since it would put a full stop to ninja looting in group finder runs.

Heezdedjim's Avatar


Heezdedjim
07.10.2012 , 08:08 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by MyTechie View Post
Again, define what "NEED" means to you, then define what "NEED" means to another player?
- I NEED Credits (Valid)
- I NEED gear for my Companion (Valid)
- I NEED the gears mods (Valid)
- I NEED it for <insert reason here>

Who are you to ASSUME what "NEED" means to another player?
I really hope that "MyTechie" is your in-game handle, because I NEED to add you to my ignore list.

Insomnio's Avatar


Insomnio
07.10.2012 , 08:10 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Heezdedjim View Post
I really hope that "MyTechie" is your in-game handle, because I NEED to add you to my ignore list.
I would hit that button