Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoint Loot Priorities.

SaintAvalon
07.10.2012 , 03:53 PM | #11
Take a screen shot and report him as a ninja on your server forums.

That's a tool. Put it in a box and forget about it.

I've had a few people ninja, some on accident, some on purpose.... mostly the accidents apologize, and the one that didn't he got removed from like 3 guilds.

People will get a reputation on servers, that's why no cross realm is a good thing. They have to pay for what they do as they can be shunned by the entire server.

So, make sure other's know what they did. Just don't spam general about it.

Kadin
07.10.2012 , 03:53 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by GnatB View Post
Just to pipe in, I seem to remember them saying quite some time ago that they were going to be adding some sort of "companion" option to the need/greed/pass stuff, and that once they did, they would "fix" need so it only lets you need on stuff YOU can actually use.

That being said, I think this may have actually been said before 1.2 dropped, so it's quite possible this fell off the table at some point.
I like this option because in my opinion, nothing should compare equally to outfitting your current character and someone else's companion from a loot roll perspective. Sure, I think rolling for a companion should come above Greed but below Need. Keep Need to only be an option for characters in the group that can actually use it effectively and then go to C-Need, Greed, etc.

DiLune
07.10.2012 , 03:55 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Kadin View Post
I like this option because in my opinion, nothing should compare equally to outfitting your current character and someone else's companion from a loot roll perspective. Sure, I think rolling for a companion should come above Greed but below Need. Keep Need to only be an option for characters in the group that can actually use it effectively and then go to C-Need, Greed, etc.
I can't believe no MMO ever thought of this sort of thing before...

Vithalor
07.10.2012 , 03:57 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by SaintAvalon View Post
Take a screen shot and report him as a ninja on your server forums.

That's a tool. Put it in a box and forget about it.

I've had a few people ninja, some on accident, some on purpose.... mostly the accidents apologize, and the one that didn't he got removed from like 3 guilds.

People will get a reputation on servers, that's why no cross realm is a good thing. They have to pay for what they do as they can be shunned by the entire server.

So, make sure other's know what they did. Just don't spam general about it.
Oh, I'd never spam general about it. He may have been a tool but I'm not THAT mad over it.
I mostly made this thread so that hopefully, (although I'm HOPING they already have this under consideration), Bioware will see that there's a real issue here and do something to fix it.

MyTechie
07.10.2012 , 04:08 PM | #15
I have never liked the need before greed rule, it just brings out the elitist weenies that come up with all sorts of BS rules to prioritise gear.. I for one would love to see the whole aspect of the game removed and have a system in place where loot is given in the mail and no information is posted on who won the loot.

After all, the word "need" has a wide range of meanings, A playerís need to vender, a players need to strip the mod, a playerís need to give to a companion, these are all valid reasons to click need.. Thats a big word.."Need"..

Iím one of those players that rarely clicks "need" or even "greed" on any run, Iím there for XP and to have fun. Naturally if something pops thats a big upgrade, then Iím going to click need, however If I donít win the roll, the last place Im going to go is to the forums and cry like a baby over some false assumption that I have more right to any specific gear.

Every player, (As far as Iím concerned) has an equal right to whatever drops, the entire team worked for it, so itís only fair that the entire team get to click ďneedĒ

Vithalor
07.10.2012 , 04:12 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by MyTechie View Post
I have never liked the need before greed rule, it just brings out the elitist weenies that come up with all sorts of BS rules to prioritise gear.. I for one would love to see the whole aspect of the game removed and have a system in place where loot is given in the mail and no information is posted on who won the loot.

After all, the word "need" has a wide range of meanings, A playerís need to vender, a players need to strip the mod, a playerís need to give to a companion, these are all valid reasons to click need.. Thats a big word.."Need"..

Iím one of those players that rarely clicks "need" or even "greed" on any run, Iím there for XP and to have fun. Naturally if something pops thats a big upgrade, then Iím going to click need, however If I donít win the roll, the last place Im going to go is to the forums and cry like a baby over some false assumption that I have more right to any specific gear.

Every player, (As far as Iím concerned) has an equal right to whatever drops, the entire team worked for it, so itís only fair that the entire team get to click ďneedĒ
I think 'need' is pretty basic, if one looks at it logically.

Will X item directly improve my stats? IE. Will my strength, (as say a Jedi Knight), go from 10 to 20 because of this piece of gear? If the answer is yes, I would say you need it.

If you need credits, go run a daily, or do a quest, don't screw a fellow player out of a stat improving item because you're too lazy to go make money elsewhere.

This is just my opinion, of course.

MyTechie
07.10.2012 , 04:19 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Vithalor View Post
I think 'need' is pretty basic, if one looks at it logically.

Will X item directly improve my stats? IE. Will my strength, (as say a Jedi Knight), go from 10 to 20 because of this piece of gear? If the answer is yes, I would say you need it.

If you need credits, go run a daily, or do a quest, don't screw a fellow player out of a stat improving item because you're too lazy to go make money elsewhere.

This is just my opinion, of course.
Again, define what "NEED" means to you, then define what "NEED" means to another player?
- I NEED Credits (Valid)
- I NEED gear for my Companion (Valid)
- I NEED the gears mods (Valid)
- I NEED it for <insert reason here>

Who are you to ASSUME what "NEED" means to another player?

See what Im getting at? I feel your pain, you lost a roll, so do what the rest of us do, RUN IT AGAIN. Its really that simple.

And please, enough with the whole "LAZY" argument, its not a valid response to your issue at hand.

Vithalor
07.10.2012 , 04:25 PM | #18
Again, define what "NEED" means to you, then define what "NEED" means to another player?
- I NEED Credits (Valid)

See what Im getting at? I feel your pain, you lost a roll, so do what the rest of us do, RUN IT AGAIN. Its really that simple.

And please, enough with the whole "LAZY" argument, its not a valid response to your issue at hand.

First off, I'm didn't make this thread to complain or cry about my loss of gear. I'm so over it it's not even funny. But, it's obviously an issue that'll continue to happen, to most likely everyone in time, the longer it's allowed to continue.

Defining 'need' imHo, comes down to common sense and decency.
When I run a flashpoint, it's for gear to improve my character.
When I need credits, I do quests, or other activities that allow me to gain credits without robbing other players of potential rewards in the process. Why? Decency.
When I need gear for my companion, I buy it off the GTN, I get it from quests, or IF NO PLAYER NEEDS it for their character, I MIGHT need a piece of gear in a flashpoint.
When I need mods... I honestly think a piece of gear in a flashpoint is probably the last place I'd look. The chance that the exact mod I need 'might' drop from a random piece of gear, is likely slim to none, and again.. I can probably get that same mod or better of the GTN or from a crafter friend, so again... why would I rob a fellow player of something that more directly benefits them.

I get it, not everyone considers the same things that I do, but I personally feel, as I'm sure most of us do, that NEEDING a piece of gear should be mostly reserved for players looking to directly influence the stats on THEIR character. ESPECIALLY when there are other, unobtrusive ways to get EVERYTHING else they need.

Goretzu
07.10.2012 , 04:27 PM | #19
- I NEED Credits (Valid)

Surely that anyone can define anything to be whatever they want to justify whatever they want IS the issue?

However just because people can and do that, doesn't mean that is either the right way or the best way for everything to be handled, in RL or in an MMORPG.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Insomnio
07.10.2012 , 04:48 PM | #20
It happens.

I started a Jedi Knight Guardian recently, and just got to Esseles. Ran it with 2 random Sages. I was lucky, got a set of boots and gloves, as well as a shield. One of the Sages accidentally took a piece, but gave it too me after realizing it was an accident. Then, a hilt dropped- named GUARDIAN hilt. The of the sages needs it, so I mention it to them, and they say "I like lightsabers".

They traded it with me, but still, people do not always know or want to do the "proper" thing. No need to rage about it, just do as others suggested, put them on ignore and or tell others not to group with them because of their actions.