Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

We need healer,tank addons!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RikHar
07.13.2012 , 11:01 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by DartVasillius View Post
I think bioware must allow using interface addons, like Curse.com site. Healer, tank addons. is a difficult heal proper some times. its rise progress of many people.

All this does is bring more trouble then it's worth. Let that crap WoW keep it.

alrun
07.13.2012 , 11:12 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by RikHar View Post
All this does is bring more trouble then it's worth. Let that crap WoW keep it.
Did you forget about Skyrim, Aion, Minecraft, Rift, Dragon Age, IPhone, IPad, Android, Firefox, ....?

I would like to see a readycheck for Parties and Ops as well.

xenofire
07.13.2012 , 07:07 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by InnerPieces View Post
I personally attended the Athens Game Conference in 2006 where the Project Manager for WoW was the keynote speaker. He flat out explained the unintended consequences of allowing community addons during his presentation. Sure, there are pros to go with the cons, but his point was certain types of addons forced Blizzard to take the game in directions they didn't necessarily want to go. I would hardly call that uninformed.
So you mean, they opened up the API, didn't have to spend millions developing the UI, the players took the direction in the way that the majority of players wanted the game to go, and the game ultimately survived?

It seems like the opposite of all those things are happening here, especially the game surviving part.
Guildmaster of The Remnant on The Harbinger
#4 World | #2 US | EC16 HM

NasherUK
07.14.2012 , 05:21 AM | #114
The game does not need macros or addons, they trivialize the game and have all kinds of un-intended side effects. There just needs to be more UI customization options like colour and design and being able to hide parts while out of combat etc.

Not only that, but its a huge security risk with keyloggers etc, which is something we really don't need. The risk and problems far outweigh the benefits.

Epyionn
07.15.2012 , 09:27 AM | #115
Here are a few things I would like to see added to the game:

1. The ability to re-skin many aspects of the current ui: unit frames, map frames, hot bars, and raid frames.
2. A moveable hot/dot tracker. I hate being forced to watch my target unit frame so I don't clip a dot or hot.
3. Some sort of minimalistic HUD interface that allows me to track my health and resource bars and my targets health and resource bars. It should look like closed parenthesis (( i )) that center around the characters. The right side would be the player's health and the left side would be the target's health.
4. The ability to detach, re-size, and move buffs and debuffs.
5. Mouse-over targeting and healing. (Click healing would be a nice addition also)
6. Some sort of threat management tracker would be great. It would allow everyone to see their threat and adjust their play in order to allow tanks to constantly retain threat.

For the most part I'm ambivalent concerning the arguments that we need macros and third party add-on accessibility. I can see the arguments for both, so I will accept whatever BioWare decides is best for the game.
Night's Radiance | Obsidian Dawn
Jom-55 Scoundrel (Sawbones) | Lessa-54 Commando (Gunnery)
Jomrick-50 Sentinel (Watchmen)
Hasai-50 Assassin (Darkness)

Helig
07.15.2012 , 09:43 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by SentinelDranoel View Post
If you got the idea from WOw, then please go back and play that game. Let this game be a unique experience and stop asking for things you see in that game.
^
I'm tanking just fine, I'm healing just fine. Addons need to burn in hell, because the dev team eventually needs to balance content around having addons, or to extend their basic UI functionality, making addons obsolete.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Xandiir
07.15.2012 , 10:57 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by DartVasillius View Post
I think bioware must allow using interface addons, like Curse.com site. Healer, tank addons. is a difficult heal proper some times. its rise progress of many people.
Definitely not. Addons ruined WOW and I hope Bioware does not follow that route to "easy mode". I never used any of the silly things anyway. In game Macros would be nice though.

Nolenthar
07.16.2012 , 02:29 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by Meltheran View Post
3. Some form of threat indicator. (This is MUCH less of a problem since 1.3.) Even something like healthbars changing colors, I would say we don't need exact numbers. (For Tanking Green=Have threat, Yellow=About to Lose Threat, Red=Lost Threat)
Humm, you sure you don't want the game to grab aggro for you when you're about to loose it ?

I mean, it would be bad if you had to do your tanking job, wouldn't it ?
Kao'celaar Ildorii, Juyo Master, Mystical Awakening

Inzi
07.16.2012 , 06:11 AM | #119
Here are my priorities for things I want to see added/addressed in the UI:

#1 Buffs & Debuffs on Unitframes AND raid frames

Healing and not being able to tell when your HoTs will expire is REALLY frustrating. Buffs & Debuffs should be scalable & filterable separate from other aspects of the unitframes & raid frames. If somebody wants their debuffs to be 3 inches across and in the middle of their screen, they should be allowed to have them there. DPS should be able to select to only see the boss's ability debuffs & their own applied debuffs if they so choose.

I would ideally like to be able to position my HoTs on the left side of a raid frame health box(medium size), the debuffs I apply to the person in the bottom left (small size), and then the debuffs from the ENCOUNTER on the right (large size). That's just how I would want it set up, not how everybody would want it.

#2 Clicking a Nameplate Targets the Unit

It is a pain in the butt to click on bodies sometimes and tab-targetting doesn't always work. I should be able to click on a nameplate and target that person/mob. We've had people die on Nightmare Pilgrim because of this malfunction.

#3 Mouseover Healing

This was mentioned earlier in this thread. I am restating it for emphasis. It's significantly lower than my #1 priority.

Overall, currently... issue #1 can make for a lot of frustration in the game. I'm not asking for addons. I'm fine with not having them. I just want raid frames and unitframes that function they way they should.
A home for busy adults seeking high level PvE in a respectful, mature atmosphere.
Ferne R'y | Sage

ManiacalShen
07.16.2012 , 07:50 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Vir_Cotto View Post
As a healer, I would also like to see Target of Focused Target.
Hell, as a dpser, I would love to see Target of Focused Target. Then, in delicate ops, I can focus the tank and more quickly make sure I'm killing the thing he's actively tanking. When there's a mosh pit of friends and enemies, that functionality is important.