Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Field Tech set for Scoundrel?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Field Tech set for Scoundrel?

Drysdale
07.10.2012 , 01:48 PM | #1
I'm pretty new to Scounrel and assumed Enforcer set was the set for our class, but the set bonuses blow.

I was told the Field Tech set was for Gunslingers, but I can see those set bonuses being more useful to me. Any reason I shouldn't go for Field Tech as a Scoundrel(Scrapper).
Forum Social Rank: 0
Forum Valor Rank: 63
Forum PvP kills: 237

PariahMessiah
07.10.2012 , 02:34 PM | #2
Easy. You do not get Illegal mods or Quickdraw as a scoundrel. You literally get nothing from the Gunslinger set.

LilTsar
07.11.2012 , 12:14 AM | #3
best set bonus ive seen in game is PVP 2-piece field tech. its moar orbital/flyby, i believe, but have yet to test since im lazy, granting a 33.33 damage increase to it, not to mention an additional chance for one of its epic ticks to crit. all i know is it goes from 3 booms to 4 on sniper. couple remodded battlemaster shells should make it wonderful in pve for any smuggler/agent regardless of ac. however the pve field tech bonuses are literally useless as above poster pointed out. 2-piece pve enforcer is really pretty good though, if you dont mind the look of the old endgame gear (/shudder) its the way to go for pve or pvp id say. pvp enforcer bonuses are quite meh, most people, especially pugs, aren't quick enough to know what do when a scoundrel pops smuggle, and more than half the player attacks in the game, including all dots i think, bypass dodge.
The Shadowlands: The Further Legacy
Brunch, Cowpunk, Hansky, Indiga,
Swashbuckle, Sharu, Monky & Gettinsmashed

Gassygunslinger
07.11.2012 , 04:42 PM | #4
Yeah, remember there are two different Field Tech sets. PVE and PVP.
Longtime SWG Vet: "Guillemette of Bria" Respect the Smuggler History
Elder Smuggler, Winner of the 5th Anniversary Rebel Painting Contest

Etten of Vrook Lamar.