Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher Problems

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Phobernomicon
07.10.2012 , 01:54 PM | #21
Does this game even work anymore? How many hours of trouble shooting, re-installing, deleting and renaming do we have to do before we give up? I just came back from a three month break, and everytime I've logged in there has been something wrong. Have the Dev's already given up?

Spideycloned
07.10.2012 , 01:55 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings All,

Rename launcher.exe to launcher.bak, run Fixlauncher, run repair, try again to launch game.

Remove and re-add launcher.exe and swtor.exe to firewall and anti-virus exceptions. Try to launch the game.

Please be advised this issue can also be caused by conflicting USB devices. Please remove all non-essential USB devices and retry. Please post again if the issue persists.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
This is hilarious.

Even on a fresh install of the client, I cannot launch the game more than once. If you try to run the repair installation on a fresh install, it says it needs to patch, so then the launcher updates, and ceases to run ever again. Renaming the file to launcher.bak and running the fixlauncher file, either before running the launcher after a fresh install or after yields the same results.

I'll grant you that i'm running Windows 8 as a potential problem to this, but considering everyone else is running 7 and having the same issues, I doubt it is my OS that is the one at fault, here.
Proud CE Pre-Order.

mastabenja
07.10.2012 , 01:59 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Spideycloned View Post
This is hilarious.

Even on a fresh install of the client, I cannot launch the game more than once. If you try to run the repair installation on a fresh install, it says it needs to patch, so then the launcher updates, and ceases to run ever again. Renaming the file to launcher.bak and running the fixlauncher file, either before running the launcher after a fresh install or after yields the same results.

I'll grant you that i'm running Windows 8 as a potential problem to this, but considering everyone else is running 7 and having the same issues, I doubt it is my OS that is the one at fault, here.
no it not th OS its just the stupidity of the designers or who ever compiled this piece of **** to live... i have clearly the same problem and running a fresh updated win 7

MsTracy
07.10.2012 , 02:13 PM | #24
I am having the same problem with the launcher. Open it, it lingers in task manager several seconds then disappears and never launches. I have tried all the "fixes" I've found in the threads here. Launched and played fine last night. I can't find any other information on what to do.

Cerimon
07.10.2012 , 02:14 PM | #25 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings All,

We are truly apologetic our troubleshooting thus far has not resolved the issue at hand. At this point I do need you to follow the steps posted in the previously linked sticky thread on this problem where there is further troubleshooting steps and our request for you to send us the files we need to diagnose this issue on a one-to-one basis.

We humbly apologize for this inconvenience.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

-ToUcHReBoRn-
07.10.2012 , 02:14 PM | #26
Real customer service would have a link that says click here ----- to fix all possible issues related to this patch.

the link scans your system ( you scanned our systems for beta testing why not now?) then it auto implements the proper fixes related to the patch and the set up of your system in order to be compatable. or auto prompts you to allow swtor to make the needed changes.

however customers service like this costs ..i know ... i guess a lowballed 16mill a month ( 15.95 X 1mill subs and dropping) in subscription income isn't enough to ensure good customer service long term.
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)[]\/~\xx/~\/[](▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
SWTOR --7/21/2011 statue: Open $173.57

AAichaelC
07.10.2012 , 02:16 PM | #27
It seems as though we simply will have to wait for them to fix their product.
Power at its best is love implementing the demands of justice. Justice at its best is love correcting everything that stands against love. -MLK Jr.

rellgrrr
07.10.2012 , 02:20 PM | #28
Have these fixes worked for anyone?

-ToUcHReBoRn-
07.10.2012 , 03:09 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by rellgrrr View Post
Have these fixes worked for anyone?
NO !
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)[]\/~\xx/~\/[](▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
SWTOR --7/21/2011 statue: Open $173.57

Crimson-Omega
07.10.2012 , 03:14 PM | #30
Guy if yall read my posts i put up you would be like oh man exactly lol. Ive put 4 posts up for everyone to see and thousands of other people as well. the links bioware gives isnt even a link its a way to tell yall to ****. their methods do not work ive tried 6 times and even redownloaded the game 3 times same issue persists to happen. everything seems fine then when you try to log on your cursor shows its trying to load them BAM SLAM nothing happens or you get a launcher error code. Once again Bioware fails to listen to its customers cause their to busy counting the money they made.