Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher Problems

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AAichaelC
07.10.2012 , 12:37 PM | #1
Greetings,

Thank you for your help in this matter.

I have been unable to launch TOR today, and the problem seems to rooted in the launcher. Before I go into more detail, I have done the following:

Installed all current Windows Updates
Installed the latest version of my video card's driver
Installed the latest version of DirectX (Windows 7)

Here is the problem: I click on the shortcut to launch the game, and when I do, I am greeted with the normal Windows 7 User Account Control window. I click yes to launch the game, but the launcher never appears.

After minimal troubleshooting, I have discovered that if I launch the game again immediately, a windows appears that says, 'only one instance of this application may run at a time.' However, If I wait 30 seconds or so and do the same thing, that window does not appear, making me believe that the program absolutely failed to launch.

Here is what I have tried so far:

Uninstalled and Reinstalled the client totally.
Ran the FixLauncher Utility
Adapted the Compatability settings for the launcher
Ran the Launcher 'as Administrator'

None of these have worked. Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks again for a quick response.
Power at its best is love implementing the demands of justice. Justice at its best is love correcting everything that stands against love. -MLK Jr.

Cerimon
07.10.2012 , 12:41 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings AAichaelC,

When you try to run the Launcher and it appears in the Processes tab of Task Manager but not on screen please go to this location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic

Here, you should find a folder called 'Patch', please delete this.

Once this is complete, please run the FixLauncher utility from the above location, then start the Launcher again.

Please let us know if you continue to have a problem after these steps.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

unixbomber
07.10.2012 , 12:47 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings AAichaelC,

When you try to run the Launcher and it appears in the Processes tab of Task Manager but not on screen please go to this location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic

Here, you should find a folder called 'Patch', please delete this.

Once this is complete, please run the FixLauncher utility from the above location, then start the Launcher again.

Please let us know if you continue to have a problem after these steps.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic
This doesn't work. Any other useless suggestions?

AAichaelC
07.10.2012 , 12:51 PM | #4
Yes, I did what was suggested and it is not fixed. The Launcher stays in my processes for 20 seconds or so and then vanishes. Thanks for your continued assistance.
Power at its best is love implementing the demands of justice. Justice at its best is love correcting everything that stands against love. -MLK Jr.

Cerimon
07.10.2012 , 12:55 PM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings All,

Please see the following sticky post for steps to take regarding this issue: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=502188

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Lamatra
07.10.2012 , 01:00 PM | #6
It could also be your anti-virus (if you are running any).
Personally i have Bitdefender. Turns out I have to allow 3 files in the anti-virus config, to make the game work.
These are the files where you need to create an exception:
swtor.exe
Launcher.exe
FixLauncher.exe

Perhabs you also need to allow them in your firewall.
But my Anti-virus detected them falsely as virus and deleted them, making the game not functioning.

skyduster
07.10.2012 , 01:04 PM | #7
I've tried all of the above ..... now what? The Sticky ........ again..... Really?
Chipx SWG Beta Vet, Flurry
Give me ambiguity ...... or give me something else.

AAichaelC
07.10.2012 , 01:07 PM | #8
Thank you, Lamatra. That is not my problem, but I appreciate the suggestion.

NasherUK
07.10.2012 , 01:09 PM | #9
It looks like anti-virus programs are deleting swtor.exe. So you need to set it to ignore it.

Albeto
07.10.2012 , 01:09 PM | #10
Im having the same issue and when i do the fix suggested and try to run the laucher i get a error message saying only one application of the launcher can run at a time and when i close the error box it repeats the error message again and then when i close it it stays close, it does this every time now.