Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Information Request: Post 1.3.2 Launcher Issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Information Request: Post 1.3.2 Launcher Issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Axolipher
07.10.2012 , 10:18 AM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings all,

We are aware that some players are currently experiencing issues with the launcher.

In order to investigate this further and as quickly as possible we are requesting that any players currently experiencing any issues with running their launcher provide us with the exact information explained in this post.

Firstly, if you are having issues since this weeks patch (1.3.2) please attempt to perform the troubleshooting steps provided in our Top 10 Issues and Solutions Thread relating to your specific issue.

If after completing these steps the issue is not resolved we would ask that you please submit the information detailed in this post through a support ticket via email to support@swtor.com from the email address your Star Wars: The Old Republic account is associated with.

What should I include?

We ask that you provide a detailed description of the exact issue you are experiencing, along with any error messages that you encounter.

It is also very important that you include a LauncherDiag Report. You can get this report by navigating to the game folder and double-clicking on the launcherDiag.exe program. This should take about 5 minutes to run, and when it has completed it will create a compressed .tgz file in the game folder that looks like this: diag12345678910.
Please add this file as an attachment to your email. This file contains system information and logs that will help us with investigating your issue.

The game folder can be found at:
  • Windows 32 Bit: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\
  • Windows 64 Bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\

What if I don't have launcherDiag.exe?

If you have been unable to update your launcher you will not have the launcherDiag.exe, in this case please provide a detailed description of the exact issue you are experiencing, along with any error message received. With this please include the following information:
Spoiler

What if my launcher loads, and my problem is during/after logging in?

In addition to the data provided in either step listed above, We also would like to request the following data only if you are having an issue downloading or patching the client update:
Spoiler

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

Axolipher | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support