Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Grats on Free To Play

CKNairb
07.10.2012 , 09:55 AM | #1
With the ability to not put payment options, and the wealth of free Email services like Google, Hotmail, and the like. There is no way Bioware can determine previous trials, or anything of the like, not to mention no time limit. This essentially makes it free to play. While i have no problem with free to play as thats the only option atm due to EA/Bioware hosed up this game.

My only concern at this point is Bioware/EA NEEDS to het better on their patches, as people even while playing for free, will not deal with the bugs/lag this game has, let alone subscribe and pay for the abismal quality of patch's.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * **Free. * * * * * *V. * * * * * * * * * Premium.*
Cost. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *$0 /mo. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *$15 /mo

Level Cap. * * * * * * * * * * *Level 15. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Unlimited

Zone Limit. * * * * * * * * * * Starter,Capitol,Fleet. * * * * * *Unlimited
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *PvP, Intro Flashpoint

Social. * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Local, Group, Group. * * * * Unlimited
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Whisper / Mail Reply

Legacy. * * * * * * * * * * * * * No. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Unlimited

Trade / Auction House. * No. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Unlimited

Crew Skills. * * * * * * * * *Skill Level 40. * * * * * * * * * * * *Skill Level 400
Blighton
Sith Assassin

psi_overtake
07.10.2012 , 09:57 AM | #2
If you can only play up to 30% of your max level and probably less than 20% of the total content, is it really F2P? If you can't use a great number of the game's features (not perks - FEATURES), is it really F2P?

No, it isn't.
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

CKNairb
07.10.2012 , 09:59 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by psi_overtake View Post
If you can only play up to 30% of your max level and probably less than 20% of the total content, is it really F2P? If you can't use a great number of the game's features (not perks - FEATURES), is it really F2P?

No, it isn't.
Compare it to other Free To Play games that have a premium option, you will notice its the same
Blighton
Sith Assassin

Mallorik
07.10.2012 , 10:00 AM | #4
If having unlimited time to play to level 15 is f2p to you and youre happy with it then have fun lol.

CKNairb
07.10.2012 , 10:00 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Mallorik View Post
If having unlimited time to play to level 15 is f2p to you and youre happy with it then have fun lol.

Yea i am, i can pit my Neices on a Free account and get 3 Character slots back, lol

Also there is no limit to number of characters, its not a just 1 char to 15 thing, there are a number of options comparing, race, class, and advanced class @ lvl 10
Blighton
Sith Assassin

Jett-Rinn
07.10.2012 , 10:04 AM | #6
Yes it's F2P in the same way WoW is F2P.

psi_overtake
07.10.2012 , 10:04 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by CKNairb View Post
Yea i am, i can pit my Neices on a Free account and get 3 Character slots back, lol
After about 24 /played hours you won't have anything left to do, unless you just PvP all day long =P

No one is going to see this as a F2P and a Paid version. Would you consider WoW's level to 20 for free a free version of WoW? Some great game - getting less than half of your abilities, no operations, one FP, no GTN, virtually no crafting, and can hardly chat
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

Mallorik
07.10.2012 , 10:05 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by psi_overtake View Post

No, it isn't.
Its also not really 30% of your max level if you consider the time it takes to level, most people even if they only play for 2 or 3 hours a night can get to level 15 in 3 days or less.

xShadow-
07.10.2012 , 10:05 AM | #9
Its more of a demo than f2p in my opinion, you can easily do all the content in one day. When people finish playing the demo, they can decide if they want the real game (full game) to continue their story or not.

NinjaApacHe
07.10.2012 , 10:06 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by CKNairb View Post
Compare it to other Free To Play games that have a premium option, you will notice its the same
Totally wrong, I start thinking you never played a F2P game.
The Kun Legacy - ToFN
TU'PAKH 60 SW/Mar - YACHIN 60 SI/Sin - A'SHARADD 60 SW/Jug- KAASDAR 60 IA/Op
My referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/NJDcyp