Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

More Obvious PvP imbalance than Biochem's Adrenals

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
More Obvious PvP imbalance than Biochem's Adrenals

AppleRedX
07.11.2012 , 06:39 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by KhalDrogoe View Post
IHowever now there is a SIGNIFICANT boost to players through the legacy system of class buffs. For someone that doesn't like leveling characters and will stick with their 1 toon despite how underpowered they are, they are limited to 1 class buff.... their own.
So where is the problem beside ppl beeing unbelievable lazy?

Everyone has the same choices: Spend some time leveling alts for the benefits or ask the teammates for buffs during the WZ. Well, some come to the forums crying ...

AppleRedX
Redax - Lautloser Assassine * Redux - Pyromanischer PT * Leon'is - Heimtückischer Sabo * Redeen - Maroschlitzer
Schwarze Sonne ZC * Vanjervalis Chain (ehem. Schwarze Sonne * Zayne Carrick)

KhalDrogoe
07.11.2012 , 06:43 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by AppleRedX View Post
So where is the problem beside ppl beeing unbelievable lazy?

Everyone has the same choices: Spend some time leveling alts for the benefits or ask the teammates for buffs during the WZ. Well, some come to the forums crying ...

AppleRedX
The point is they're going to nerf biochem to the ground, but leave obvious flaws to balance like this? What about new players? They won't be able to compete until they've leveled up 4 different toons? They're already at a disadvantage with the huge gear gap, why have game mechanics working against the new people as well?

AppleRedX
07.11.2012 , 06:54 AM | #43
What about new players? They won't be able to compete until they've leveled up 4 different toons? They're already at a disadvantage with the huge gear gap, why have game mechanics working against the new people as well?
They can ask their teammates for a buff, which good player do even without asking several times during a WZ. They are - very surprisingly for a MMO - not alone in a WZ.

AppleRedX
Redax - Lautloser Assassine * Redux - Pyromanischer PT * Leon'is - Heimtückischer Sabo * Redeen - Maroschlitzer

KhalDrogoe
07.11.2012 , 07:13 AM | #44
They can ask their teammates for a buff, which good player do even without asking several times during a WZ. They are - very surprisingly for a MMO - not alone in a WZ.

AppleRedX
They shouldn't have to be carried by their team mates. I don't see why you people are so vehemetly opposed to balancing the game to be more fair/consistent across the board.

BurnsTwoThree
07.11.2012 , 07:17 AM | #45
Let's complain about things that actually matter.

AppleRedX
07.11.2012 , 07:32 AM | #46
They shouldn't have to be carried by their team mates. I don't see why you people are so vehemetly opposed to balancing the game to be more fair/consistent across the board.
New players will be carried anyway, that's part ot the team aspect. Again, it's not 1vs1 ...

Fairness shouldn't be used as an excuse for laziness. It is fair because everyone can get those buffs.

AppleRedX

KhalDrogoe
07.11.2012 , 07:37 AM | #47
New players will be carried anyway, that's part ot the team aspect. Again, it's not 1vs1 ...

Fairness shouldn't be used as an excuse for laziness. It is fair because everyone can get those buffs.

AppleRedX
Everyone can level up their toon with Biochem for the adrenals.... now they can allow them back into wz's.

LenrocNewDawn
07.11.2012 , 07:38 AM | #48
First, I'm not whining to you, or at all for that matter. It makes little difference to me if they implement my suggestion or not. But everything else was available by spending credits and didn't impede your queueing for warzones (leveling biochem included). Leveling an alt, however, takes me out of warzones and into pve crap that I don't care about.

If I could level up an alt by pvp'ing on my main then I would do that.
Level an alt through PvP. When you ding fifty just burn through the class quests. I think you can do that in 2 days of PvEing.One to ding 10 and gain access to PvP. Other to burst through the PvE class quest until you complete chapter 2. If that's too much for you then I'm out of suggestions.

Edited : There is no balance issue here, everyone can acquire the buffs. While most of the high level adrenals required a biochem lvl in order to be used. Or a very rich pocket to buy consumable surrogates. Plus it was the issue of unchecked burst that made the TTK a joke (not that know is much better )
“Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.”

AppleRedX
07.11.2012 , 07:51 AM | #49
Everyone can level up their toon with Biochem for the adrenals.... now they can allow them back into wz's.
You ssem to be very very angry about the adrenals change. Get over it. No other change/nerf will bring them back ...

Retro_Chrome
07.11.2012 , 08:15 AM | #50
ok so heres an idea level up the other toons with help froma a lvl 50, all you have to do is finish act 2, it never said there is a level requirement what kills me the most about every single complaining post is that it all comes down to :

i dont have the time to put in that others do
and while thats not fair, the fact that if you did put in the time youd have the ability. seriosuly if you only have time to spend on one toon only how the heck do you think you are going ot have the inflated insane amounts of credits required if they did offer the purchase with credit options.

i personally beleive that they need to make ALL LEGACY ABILITIES, unlockable via legacy level OR credit purchase.

so for example: if you want rocket boots you could

A: purchase with OMGHUGEAMTOFCREDITS
or
B: free to legacy 30

As far as i know having a legacy over level 20 is pointless, i personally thought that all legacy items would be unlocked with legacy level only or credits only the system as it stands now is essentially unused by me and since I do not need ANY of the legacy itmes i only get the ones that diretly affect my character in pvp, the rest ill get a few months from now unless the expansion comes out by then and then ill just wait until i have my main max level and geared again, and then save up for what i want. legacy is mostly useless. changing it now because you dont have the time is selfish and pointless
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyrandis View Post
I hate to say this but we are in terms of genetics 96% the same as chimps. We evolved from chimps, but damn I must say that 4% makes all the difference.