Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

More Obvious PvP imbalance than Biochem's Adrenals

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
More Obvious PvP imbalance than Biochem's Adrenals

KhalDrogoe's Avatar


KhalDrogoe
07.11.2012 , 04:57 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by THAAC View Post
Is there no end to these kid's "I can't be arsed to put in any effort, give me everything free" attitude?

Why shouldn't people who are willing to put in more effort, get more rewards? There is nothing but your bone-idiol laziness stopping you levelling toons just to chapter 2 for the extra buffs.

What next? Going to cry about augments? Because you are too lazy to level a prof to make creds to affort to put augment slots on your gear? Boohoo...why should I actually have to do something to get something...I want it free...and right now!

SWTOR could be sponsored by Tomy anyway...basically a "My First MMO" with how easy it is, and you whining kids come on here and cry about having to put any effort in to achieve something?

People put in a lot of effort to get the best stuff....there should be a difference between them and the lazy gits walking around in greens and blues. Stop trying to dumb this game down even more than it already is.

SWTOR is likely to go Free-to-Play end of Aug anyway...then you can just buy anything you want for real money. Perhaps then you will be happy (or not because it is unfair to you that people with jobs can afford the best gear)
Everyone is missing my point entirely. I'm not ASKING FOR FREE stuff. I'm not saying that I need those buffs to play effectively. I'm just saying either make them available to everyone via credit purchasable, or disable them so that everyone just has to rely on their own buff.

With your argument, bring back all the Biochem adrenals so that you have to level up Biochem to PvP. Exactly the reason why I don't want to level up alts to get the buff. I should be able to PvP competitively without being gimped because I didn't level up all the fotm classes. Just as you shouldn't need to level up biochem to PvP, I don't want to level alts to be able pvp.

Personally, if you wanted a prof other than Bio, you leveled up an alt. I was perfectly content in being forced into biochem to have all the buffs. Having the legacy buffs on the other hand seems like a way bigger game breaker than some measly adrenals that have a CD (not persistent like the legacy buffs)

NoTomorrow's Avatar


NoTomorrow
07.11.2012 , 05:02 AM | #32
Any player that pretends he is good at PvP will play multiple classes just to be better at his main. How can a sniper know how to deal with a marauder if he has no idea about Saber ward, Cloak of pain and other stuff? Reading class ability list on torhead does not equal knowing how that class feels and plays.

How can a PT Pyro burst a sniper if he does not know about ballistic dampers? How can a rage jug smash a sniper if he does not know about entrench MM aoe damage mitigation skill which makes 7000 smash hit for 300-500? And believe me, do you know how many rage maras and jugs tried to smash me?

Oh and how many other mindless people tried to stun me with entrench on.. Or clueless sorcs tried to knockback me..

A good PvPer will play multiple classes.
Your argument against legacy class buffs is pointless. You should have them anyway.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

mulzii's Avatar


mulzii
07.11.2012 , 05:20 AM | #33
some people do not want to be bothered levelling/grinding an alt, but still wants the 'advantage' these buffs give in pvp. Okay, i can see that.

On the other side of the coin, i do not want to be bothered grinding gear to be effective in pvp, as i just want to pvp on an even field. as quickly as possible. Lets make war hero purchasable with no limitations (or remove pvp gear completely). See what i did there?

Helig's Avatar


Helig
07.11.2012 , 05:27 AM | #34
Any PvPer worth his salt plays several classes extensively. Know your enemy beyond Torhead skill lists and explanations of your buddies.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

FourTwent's Avatar


FourTwent
07.11.2012 , 06:00 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Trondaddy View Post
this really is not an issue. please take your whining to another thread. Oh and nerf stunlocking operatives
this guy knows whats up. listen to his advice

Ybini's Avatar


Ybini
07.11.2012 , 06:06 AM | #36
There currently is a mechanism for what you're asking for. Level up the 4 classes to around 40 and you'll have every class buff at your disposal. I get a commando buff now, going to work on sage buff next.

Tadus's Avatar


Tadus
07.11.2012 , 06:17 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by KhalDrogoe View Post
In 1.3, we saw the removal of Biochem's adrenals from WZ's. So thus making it more fair to people who didn't want to have Bio on their PvP toon.

However now there is a SIGNIFICANT boost to players through the legacy system of class buffs. For someone that doesn't like leveling characters and will stick with their 1 toon despite how underpowered they are, they are limited to 1 class buff.... their own.

Why is it that people that reroll each new FOTM get's the advantage of having all of the buffs to re-buff themselves after they die giving them an edge over the people that do not have that.

Some possible solutions:

1) Make the legacy ability purchasable with credits (Like EVERY other legacy perk/buff except the buffs gained from grinding out all your companions affection ((which still is grindable with credits in an indirect way)))

2) Disable the ability to buff other classes buff for RWZ's. So instead of forcing people to buy the buffs to stay competitive, everyone just has to deal without (must as the case with the biochem adrenals)

Does anyone else see how this can make a huge difference in a warzone
You will never lead a Dothraki horde with an attitude like this.
Tadus

KhalDrogoe's Avatar


KhalDrogoe
07.11.2012 , 06:20 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Tadus View Post
You will never lead a Dothraki horde with an attitude like this.
Kidding? I'm the stallion that will mount the world!

dcgregorya's Avatar


dcgregorya
07.11.2012 , 06:24 AM | #39
I like how WoW players complain about "FOTM rerollers". It takes very little time to rank up alts in this game, they *want* you to experience the content as different characters. If you want to run dailies pointlessly on your main over and over again that's your problem - don't cry that the game isn't balanced for your class, you probably don't have enough perspective to make that call. I myself want to play the game, I want to learn the classes and I want options. Don't whine at me because you don't want to do that.

KhalDrogoe's Avatar


KhalDrogoe
07.11.2012 , 06:31 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by dcgregorya View Post
I like how WoW players complain about "FOTM rerollers". It takes very little time to rank up alts in this game, they *want* you to experience the content as different characters. If you want to run dailies pointlessly on your main over and over again that's your problem - don't cry that the game isn't balanced for your class, you probably don't have enough perspective to make that call. I myself want to play the game, I want to learn the classes and I want options. Don't whine at me because you don't want to do that.
First, I'm not whining to you, or at all for that matter. It makes little difference to me if they implement my suggestion or not. But everything else was available by spending credits and didn't impede your queueing for warzones (leveling biochem included). Leveling an alt, however, takes me out of warzones and into pve crap that I don't care about.

If I could level up an alt by pvp'ing on my main then I would do that.