Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

More Obvious PvP imbalance than Biochem's Adrenals

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
More Obvious PvP imbalance than Biochem's Adrenals

criminalheretic
07.27.2012 , 01:18 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by AppleRedX View Post
Yeah, it's easier to use "imbalance" as an excuse for "laziness". Strange generation who wants to have everything served on a silver plate ... immediately and for free.

CU
AppleRedX
Newflash. You devote 100 hours each to 4 different toons, you are NOT "working" harder than someone who devotes 400 hours to one toon. Yet you were give the buffs "for free". People are just asking to be allowed to PAY for them.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger

KhalDrogoe
07.28.2012 , 04:32 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by criminalheretic View Post
What this doesn't take into account is preference. I have a 50 Marauder, and a 50 Sentinel, because I wanted to be able to fill the same role for both my Pub and Imp guilds. That and I rolled both of them before 1.2 and the introduction of Legacy. Now both those teams are short on tanks, I would really like to roll a Jugg, but I am actually hesitant to because I feel like I would be "missing out".

They should just calculate whatever legacy level you would need roll 4 toons through chapter 2, and make the buffs purchasable for those at that legacy level.
This is a great idea! I only have 1 toon, but I'm legacy level 25. I've probably played as much if not more than someone who has every toon through chapter 2. Probably more seeing as my legacy was earned purely through PvP which is significantly slower.

So shame on all of you saying I'm lazy and want it on a silver platter. There shouldn't be anything unavailable to someone legacy level 25 IMO.

FodderofCannon
07.28.2012 , 04:55 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by KhalDrogoe View Post
This is a great idea! I only have 1 toon, but I'm legacy level 25. I've probably played as much if not more than someone who has every toon through chapter 2. Probably more seeing as my legacy was earned purely through PvP which is significantly slower.

So shame on all of you saying I'm lazy and want it on a silver platter. There shouldn't be anything unavailable to someone legacy level 25 IMO.
But this is clearly BW's plan. They want everyone to have a 50 of every class, so that way when they mess up the fotm in a patch people wont ***** too much because they can just switch to their other characters.

The writing is on the wall. L2 Adapt.
Learn to Think
L2T

cs_Kimmo
07.28.2012 , 05:12 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by BubbleDncr View Post
Look at it this way - the people who have enough alts to have all the class buffs won't have as good gear as people who purely PVP on one toon - and your significantly higher expertise is probably more valuable than their buffs.
Lol wut?

KhalDrogoe
07.31.2012 , 07:36 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by FodderofCannon View Post
But this is clearly BW's plan. They want everyone to have a 50 of every class, so that way when they mess up the fotm in a patch people wont ***** too much because they can just switch to their other characters.

The writing is on the wall. L2 Adapt.
Yeah, when will they learn that success of a game isn't on how many toons you can level, but the breadth of things to do while you're playing.

KhalDrogoe
09.20.2012 , 07:55 AM | #106
Seeing as 1.4 is around the corner, I want to raise awareness on this issue again.

Pvtcarnage
09.20.2012 , 08:19 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Tyrias View Post
Whatever happened to the concept of "You want a specific bonus, you go out of your way to get/earn it"? This really isn't any different from saying:

"It's not fair that some people have played more PvP but less PvE than me have full War Hero sets:

1: Make it so that War hero gear is purchasable with just credits.
2: Make it so that War hero gear isn't better than other stuff so that time invested doesn't equate to a bonus."

That's pretty much what you're saying, except with a different subject. There's nothing stopping you from going out and getting these buffs for yourself, it didn't have it's availability limited to a specific time frame.

Secondly, at some point, I imagine they will be purchasable with credits. I recall Bioware saying that some things were going to start off as legacy only unlocks and then transition into credit unlocks in the future.

If you're not content to wait for when/if that happens, then you have to ask yourself how much the buffs mean to you. If they are that massive a difference to your viability, as an avid PvP'er you'll gladly go out and acquire the buffs. If they're not that massive that they warrant you putting effort in, then it's probably also not worth complaining about.

As a side note: Most dedicated PvPers that I know have rolled multiple classes, and that was before the buff sharing came into effect. They do it because a good PvP player knows the other class almost as well as their own, which is a level of understanding you can only genuinely get by playing it yourself.
Very well said!!

Might as well ask for datacrons to be purchasable too, I mean who has time to get those when all you do is PVP.
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

KhalDrogoe
09.20.2012 , 08:23 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Pvtcarnage View Post
Very well said!!

Might as well ask for datacrons to be purchasable too, I mean who has time to get those when all you do is PVP.
Good idea! Maybe make it with legacy levels 25+ seeing as there is no reason or want/need past 25 now.

Scotland
09.20.2012 , 08:27 AM | #109
A) Get a guild, get in voice, call for rebuff.

B) Do all the class quests

C) Unsub

There is your options, deal with it.

There is no imbalance at all, you're just to lazy to balance it out for yourself.
Albā Anaigh
Albå - AlbaGuBra - Albā - Albagų
> Real stars burn out, superstars burn forever. <

Alduinsm
09.20.2012 , 10:12 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by KhalDrogoe View Post
Yeah, when will they learn that success of a game isn't on how many toons you can level, but the breadth of things to do while you're playing.
It's different with Swtor,the longevity of this game relies heavily on each player having multiple characters, i'm sure that any players that still play this game have at least 2-3 characters , and the players that only have 1 char atm are in minority or unsubbed long time ago. To get all 4 buffs,you only need to level 4 different class and complete chapter 2 (~level 40).

The majority of players already had 2-3 buff available so there's really isn't that much imbalance in pvp. The imbalance is only like a player will full datacron collected vs a player with no datacron.
Shin