Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Launcher doesn't work

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tandar_Rix
07.10.2012 , 04:18 PM | #21
Hello everyone, Two Systems here one is my Sons, One is mine. Mine works this time, His does not. Same issue as everyone else. From what I can tell there has been some password corruption on BIOware side after the patch. Easy FIX request a password reset. We reset the password and away we went. . I know it looks like it takes your password when you log on but it's not doing so. Try the reset. FYI we just used the same password we were using before the issue.

NeoAltair
07.10.2012 , 04:24 PM | #22
My launcher disappears in task manager after about 20 seconds. I've tried everything. Still doesn't work.
(▉∕∕∕∕∕████≡█[▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

Obsydius
07.10.2012 , 04:25 PM | #23
I don't even get an error, my launcher just disappears. It's not anywhere under Task Manager Processes. Fix launcher didn't do anything... rebooting didn't help.

Being an end user, I'm not really comfortable digging through system files & manually modifying game data. I would rather not make things worse. Seems there's a significant amount of users having this problem--would be nice if we could just get a quick fix across the boards, rather than addressing each individual & confusing various issues.
SYD

Tandar_Rix
07.10.2012 , 04:27 PM | #24
For those Interested We found out it was a password issue when we used my sons account on my system and got the same patcher issue when 3 minutes before I logged on with my account and the system worked fine. Hello BIOware, Really need a little better QA and guys that know how to do proper problem analysis. If I can do it at home with two systems and two accounts in 10 Minutes??? WELL what should you be able to do???

m_khan
07.10.2012 , 04:31 PM | #25
It has been almost 10 days I'm not be able to play this game and I'm still paying for this...I was hit by a different issue (download loop on main assets again and again) after the patch before this and now I'm hit by this issue "unable to load application configuration"...and they're asking us to invite our friends to "share" our "experiences"...how ironic...

please...don't patch it anymore..."I beg U...use my knowledge"...don't touch anything....because working games becoming useless...and everyday more and more people like me "considering" unsubscribe...

Azikj
07.11.2012 , 01:11 AM | #26
This is a complete waist! A day has passed and i still can't login, and this is because of update.Will those days off be added to my subscription, i don't wanna pay for game provider's fault. Now i'm started to regret that i resubscribed for the game!

KillMrTumble
07.11.2012 , 01:23 AM | #27
This is a joke still wont work

Azikj
07.11.2012 , 05:51 AM | #28
Also, I can't get to My Account page on SWTOR.com when i login. I get "scheduled maintenance" message. Maybe it's connected why i can't start the launcher, since it says that it cant load application configuration (probably from server).

DarthRedd
07.11.2012 , 06:57 AM | #29
Quote:
This is a complete waist! A day has passed and i still can't login, and this is because of update.Will those days off be added to my subscription, i don't wanna pay for game provider's fault. Now i'm started to regret that i resubscribed for the game!
someone wrote above. completely true. have played this game from the early relese and every "maintanace" u do is nothin' more than just a pack of some new bugs. there was 4 times before this last "update" I cannot start or load the game after the one more "sheduled maintanence". but before this 1 I can fix ur bugs to start the game at last! VERY much time i've lost to find 1 more solution after every 2nd maintanace u've done!
at last it comes to an expected final - NONE of the solutions I have found works for me! and I cannot strat my game client from this last "maintenence". "LOGIN SERVER IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE!" it said with a grin
how can I get my money or game time back?
I'm already tried all of the solutions u have suggested! I've got the same problem and logs like one above on this page.
I'm TIRED of ur stupid support and service, Bioware. next one SW fan goes to The Secret World, like many others. "thank u for ur patience!" - all u can said. but this patience is completely over!

p.s: they're edited this msg because of lexic filter. right, but this problem unsolved is still some kind of canadian TROLOLO!
to know the road ahead ask those comin' back

Azikj
07.12.2012 , 01:28 AM | #30
Today I've received the letter form Customer Support: they appologized and asked for the logs to be sent to them. Hope they will find the solution to our problem