Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So Georg Zoeller left BW?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Twotun
07.10.2012 , 07:54 AM | #1
http://swtor.gamona.de/2012/07/10/ge...lasst-bioware/

From his Google+ page:

It's time to say goodbye....

Friday marked my last day in the office at BioWare. After almost a decade and spending almost quarter of our lives in Canada and the US, my wife and I have decided to take on an exciting new adventure on the other side of the world - Singapore. It's been an honor to work on so many amazing games with so many talented people and good friends, you will be greatly missed.

If you've circled me because of my involvement with SWTOR, please understand that I will not be providing any more information regarding the game from this point forward and uncircle appropriately.

If you stay, don't complain about getting hit with pictures from the other part of the world from time to time.

To Adventure!
Quote: Originally Posted by norlof View Post
I don't get these people either. I don't like donuts, but I'm going to spend my time and stand around the donut shop and tell everyone who walks in why donuts suck, why they shouldn't eat donuts and why I will never eat donuts again.

Gabrandt
07.10.2012 , 08:00 AM | #2
His face seems familiar. Was he ever a spokesperson in pre-launch media press coverage?
The dark side perceives all.

TUXs
07.10.2012 , 08:06 AM | #3
This can only be good news!
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

ViciousFett
07.10.2012 , 08:07 AM | #4
This happens a lot after MMOs are launched. High paid devs leave or get laid off, and cheaper ones take their place.
The Vicious Legacy
Random'hajile - Aeons - Gillian'Seed - Nati - Pirate'bay - Romana'II - Casaiss - Ghost-chops - Tuskenking - Cookìepuss - Rõland
CE VIP

Taurusaud
07.10.2012 , 08:14 AM | #5
Congratulations Mr. Zoeller on a job well done! Don't forget about your friends back at TOR once in a while!!
And you could look deep into my eyes
Like I was a super-model
Uh-huh

Nippon
07.10.2012 , 08:22 AM | #6
Good now hopefully we will get someone that actually knows what an economy is and does not sit their telling us that accuracy is awesome on a PVE tank

Kozzmozz
07.10.2012 , 08:22 AM | #7
bye Georg! thank you for your work on this great game! and good luck in singapore!
"http://thewatchersinthedark.enjin.com" home of TWitD, a social raiding guild for adults, website crammed with guides!"

Qishari
07.10.2012 , 08:28 AM | #8
Hello all,

We've had to remove some posts form the thread for rude comments (which means the replies to those posts were also removed). Please remember to express your opinions in a constructive and respectful manner - rude and insulting comments will be removed.

ChazDoit
07.10.2012 , 08:29 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Qishari View Post
Hello all,

We've had to remove some posts form the thread for rude comments (which means the replies to those posts were also removed). Please remember to express your opinions in a constructive and respectful manner - rude and insulting comments will be removed.
Well yeah, apparently some people on the forums seem to have some sort of vendetta against some of the developers

Zannis
07.10.2012 , 08:37 AM | #10
Any way you try to spin this, it's bad news. He was the 'vision' behind this game, and for him to leave speaks volumes.

The few strands this game is hanging by are about to snap.