Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lost Island, sorry it does need an adjustment

Fossman
07.09.2012 , 11:26 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaonis View Post
I've cleared LI a number of times between my 2 50's and all I can say, is I agree 100% with the OP here. The amount of stuff going on, on top of high damage is just too insane. Let alone the melee unfriendliness (which BW still refuses to acknowledge) . it's just so sad that content is getting overtuned for a handful of people who are clearly masochists. I for one am kind of tired of content where I miss a single interrupt that could mean a wipe right then and there. Enrage timers are already annoying enough for this type of "Be perfect or **** off" mentality the game seems to be leaning more and more towards.
How is this overtuned? Honestly the only times ive ever had issues were when I tried doing it with a group in tionese/columni gear. We couldnt kill the 2nd boss because we were hitting enrage. Clearly a gear issue. The mechanics are SOOOO simple if you just take 5 minutes to hammer out a strategy based on YOUR group composition.

As someone just stated in an earlier post this is SUPPOSED to be more difficult than the other flashpoints. Its listed as tier 2 for a reason. Dont come on the forums and tell BW that they need to nerf content just because you've had trouble with it. The only reason for complaining about content being too hard would be if something was literally so difficult that only a couple of guilds were able to finish it. Judging by the posts ive seen so far I dont think thats the case

Rangarobbo
07.09.2012 , 11:40 PM | #22
As many of the people have said already it sounds like you could work on your strategy for the fights a little bit more as a premade group with the gear you listed should have little trouble clearing the place as long as they are familiar with the encounters.

A few bits of advice regarding the first and second bosses as that seems to be where you were having the most problems.

Outside of incinerate the dmg on the droid is pretty minimal if the group is playing well. As far as composition goes I have dpsed it on my gunslinger and sentinel in groups of 2 melee, 2 ranged and 1 of each and I can say that each set up has its own pros and cons and require a slightly different approach to. The two biggest things I have found on this fight is interrupting incinerate and the boss positioning. It's up to the tank to get the boss into a good position and continue to adjust the boss as needed. Move after an incinerate unless you have a ranged who can cover the interrupt and move ahead of time so you dont risk getting cut off/running through fire etc to move from lightning. ANy sort of voice comms can make this fight a breeze.

Second boss, if your dps is high enough you can skip a few of his 'air' phases. Have your healer stand just off centre so they can heal everyone at consoles but not close enough to centre to get hit by bosses leap when he jumps down. The air phase is really a test on healer throughput however most dps can help out somewhat by popping a defensive cd or a medpac.

Here is a video guide myself and a few guildies put together covering the strategies and general mechanics of all the major boss encounters when LI first came out. It is a little outdated as our strats are a little different depending on group makeup and the fact that we are now all BH/Campaign which is really overkill compared to the Col we were running it in initially. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24QFIUp0c0A

Good luck!

- Sym
<An Ewok Ate My Baby> - Dalborra Pve
Symmetro - 50 Sharpshooter Gunslinger // Forceseen - 25 Jedi Sentinel
http://www.youtube.com/user/SymmetreeGaming

Chaqen
07.10.2012 , 12:20 AM | #23
People keep talking about the second fight being a healing check. A large amount of damage in the fight can come from the frontal dot effect the boss does after he does his smash, and after he jumps down from the towers. A tank can make it where the boss will always walk forward and make sure the dps behind him are not in range of the frontal, and when he jumps down the tank can avoid the frontal as well if they run out of range when the boss starts the animation.

Minimizing the amount of damage that is done to the group, makes it a far easier fight to heal.

On a side note i remember when 1.2 rolled out, my guild at the time and everyone else on the server had a lot of problems with this instance, and it wasnt until it been out for about a month and people got over the general idea that is was way to hard, that they started to beat it on a regular basis. So if you're just now starting to do it, yes it will be tough until you learn the mechanics, take the time to read up on the fights, and watch some youtube video guides, and get it done.

One last thing, if anyone on The Harbringer feels like they need additional help to pug this FP drop me a tell and i can tank,dps, or heal it ; you can reach me on Biskibis, Chaqen, or Belsapher.

Kaonis
07.10.2012 , 08:05 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Fossman View Post
How is this overtuned? Honestly the only times ive ever had issues were when I tried doing it with a group in tionese/columni gear. We couldnt kill the 2nd boss because we were hitting enrage. Clearly a gear issue. The mechanics are SOOOO simple if you just take 5 minutes to hammer out a strategy based on YOUR group composition.

As someone just stated in an earlier post this is SUPPOSED to be more difficult than the other flashpoints. Its listed as tier 2 for a reason. Dont come on the forums and tell BW that they need to nerf content just because you've had trouble with it. The only reason for complaining about content being too hard would be if something was literally so difficult that only a couple of guilds were able to finish it. Judging by the posts ive seen so far I dont think thats the case
How is it overtuned? Are we not doing the same fights here? The fights have FAR too many mechanics going on at the same time, all with each mechanic doing stupidly high amounts of damage. And to top it off if you make a SINGLE mistake in pretty much any fight, it's an instant wipe. Forget to interrupt an incinerate? Wipe. Not standing close enough to the second boss? Wipe. Don't hit the fire buttons fast enough? Wipe. Healer has a lag spike at a critical moment? Wipe. Get a lag spike during practically any part now? Wipe.

The content is beyond stupid now. It's not a challenge, it's a freaking pain. And it's all centered around too many things happening at once, and hoping you don't get any lag for interrupts/avoiding AoE (and considering how they just killed the servers with lag and all). It's pretty well so perfectly choreographed that if you miss a step you might as well just give up. This isn't the type of content the game should have, it should be hard and fun, not a pain in the *** and make me want to cancel my subscription and go play better developed games.

KarethRiker
07.10.2012 , 08:10 AM | #25
This is our FPS of choice for the daily because it is fast with no long spaces between mobs and we run all melee almost everytime.

My guildies figured out a great strategy for all melee. Basically make the orbs predictable. Run in dps the droid and then dps run and stack on the healer after about 6 attacks. That forces the blue ball to spawn in a set location, then dps go in again for 6-8 more attacks as healer runs to another spot on the floor. Dps stack on healer and rinse and repeat. Save interrupts and force leap in for incinerate. Once you get the timing down of in/out for a dps this is very straight forward.

Frenchfrys
07.10.2012 , 08:17 AM | #26
Bioware just can't win.

Then...
"Your content is LAME. It is too easy. I am unsubbing because its boring!"

Now...
"Your content is HARD. Make it easy. I am unsubbing because its challenging!"

Also like others have pointed out, you're not one shotting HM Explosive Conflict if you can't clear HM Lost Island. Lying only makes you look even more ridiculous when calling for a nerf.

Sir-Phobos
07.10.2012 , 08:21 AM | #27
OP: You could always do Lost Island on normal if hard mode is too... hard.

Nolenthar
07.10.2012 , 08:47 AM | #28
OMG one more of this thread.

Lost Island requires organisation, and tactics. Oppositely to what you think, there is way less things happening on Robot that you think.

- Incinerate : 0 damage if interrupted properly. Dedicate a dps for that if your tank is too busy. I'm always interrupter as sentinel and incinerate never goes through (healer very happy).
- Plasma orb : Will drop randomly on anyone in your group (apart from current aggro holder). If you have melee, just have everyone sticking on boss and when blue circle appear, ask tank to move (to previously designated area).

Only source of damage that will be done to player is "channeling full auto style attack", barely scratch players, doing maybe a total of 5/7 K damage (perfectly healable).
The fire traps and the trash does ridiculous amount of damage.

On crazy jumper it was already explained to you.

On last boss same deal, only a few abilities really damage your group
- flurry of bolt on aggro holder, interrupt it.
- Drops 2 waves of bomb on everyplayer (does that twice between each Kolto tanks). People have to be fast on their feet to avoid those AOE.
- Drop small bomb on a tank, have to be dodged (a bit tough to catch, but easy when you got the feeling).

That's the only things your group needs to be better at.

Go Tier 1 flashpoint, assign one of your DPS to interrupt, and have him doing better and better at that.
Interrupt should happen in less than 0.5 seconds. Keybind advised.
Once your dps or tank become good at interrupting flame sweep from Manda boss in FE HM for instance (means this is ALWAYS interrupted very fast), then you can move to dro´d and see how easy it is.
Kao'celaar Ildorii, Juyo Master, Mystical Awakening

Nechronix
07.10.2012 , 09:49 AM | #29
Seriously folks, as somebody already said, this is a Tier 2 instance and should be as difficult as it is (not that it's impossible by any stretch).

Too many mechanics going on? Then yes, sorry to say it, but you need to learn to play/control your toon better. The first boss was a real pain for us and we kept on trying it out and after a few days we finally beat it. After we did it the first time, it was pretty much on farm status.

Can't do it on hard mode? Try it on easy first...

I am not a masochist and still enjoy the fights. Sitting there, not moving and tanking/dps/healing for 5 minutes straight can get really old/boring, I'm glad I actually have to move around and pay attention to interrupts, etc.

I do agree that the rewards for this FP pretty much suck ***** though.....

One more thing, I have a theory: I am going to make a huge assumption here and say that *most* of the people having a hard time with this FP do not use keybinds and like to mouse-click everything.......

Nolenthar
07.10.2012 , 09:57 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Nechronix View Post
One more thing, I have a theory: I am going to make a huge assumption here and say that *most* of the people having a hard time with this FP do not use keybinds and like to mouse-click everything.......
Reminds me one of my first experience on this boss. As our tries were at best chaotic and we couldn't sort out the plasma bubble right (as I'm a cursed melee), group leader decided to do a "try" with me standing still with the dps and healer at range (silly idea but when you don't know the mechanics, trying things is a good way to learn more from a fight). I told my tank "be careful however you'll have to interrupt now", and the answer I got was "Ah, I'll need to bind it then"

That was epic and we couldn't understand how such a skill couldn't be already key bound. But well
Kao'celaar Ildorii, Juyo Master, Mystical Awakening