Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lost Island, sorry it does need an adjustment

trulam
07.09.2012 , 05:33 PM | #1
Esh'ara
Sail
Cinder
Maebh

Is the group set up, all of the above in Rakata/BH gear, Esh was in full Col/Rakata and a few pieces of BH

Now before all the random troll QQ you guys just suck. We can clear raid content with no wipes at all.

The mechanics of the fight need to be adjusted. When our group can spend 4 hours and only pass to the second boss. Someone said it best, "Content should not be put out for the few". Thats what your hardmode operations are for.

The mechanics on the first boss alone, there is just to much going on at once, the fields are to large and randomized even when you have your ranged following each other. And for one is HIGHLY melee DPS unfriendly. Trying to kite the boss through melee dropped zones and oh ya, he stops in the middle of one to incinerate, pray that someones ranged interupt isnt on CD. There is far to much going on in that fight and needs to be toned down.

The second boss, dont even get me started, the platform activation times are far to long for a rapid shot elemental damage poison and dot. The timer on that needs to be damn near halfed and the elemental damaged curtailed as well.

If you want to play elite only plz la, then go make your own game, not a game where the majority can not complete it and we pay the same monthly as you.

Oh and btw one of our players has one hand. So we are handy capped as is and still can clear out hardmode EV in half the time it takes for one attempt at this horried designed instance.

xenofire
07.09.2012 , 05:48 PM | #2
All I can say is... for the first boss, your strategy is wrong. Try a new one. In fact, it's even easier if you have all melee dps and only a ranged healer. The Spheres last just long enough that when the fourth one casts, the first one goes away. Surely, with the design of the room, you can find four good places to put spheres without EVER moving the boss or your melee?

For the second boss... You can do this guy in full columi gear with a full melee group, it's so easy. You just need the right strategy.

Look, I'm not saying QQ learn to play... I'm saying QQ learn to make better strategies. You can't just throw bodies at these bosses and expect to win.
Guildmaster of The Remnant on The Harbinger
#4 World | #2 US | EC16 HM

Grobluk
07.09.2012 , 05:53 PM | #3
By "raid content" I take it you mean EV and KP?

Aurojiin
07.09.2012 , 06:00 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by xenofire View Post
All I can say is... for the first boss, your strategy is wrong. Try a new one. In fact, it's even easier if you have all melee dps and only a ranged healer. The Spheres last just long enough that when the fourth one casts, the first one goes away. Surely, with the design of the room, you can find four good places to put spheres without EVER moving the boss or your melee?
Not sure I follow your reasoning here. The plasma coils can land on anyone who's not at the top of the threat table; odds are one will land on a melee DPS at some point and movement will be required.

Not saying it's hard, because obviously it isn't, but some movement is going to be required if you bring melee DPS (unless you get exceptionally lucky).

xenofire
07.09.2012 , 06:09 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
Not sure I follow your reasoning here. The plasma coils can land on anyone who's not at the top of the threat table; odds are one will land on a melee DPS at some point and movement will be required.

Not saying it's hard, because obviously it isn't, but some movement is going to be required if you bring melee DPS (unless you get exceptionally lucky).
I shouldn't have said ever, and I should have implied predictability. Let me use a little map to explain.

A............................................D
X.............................................Y
B.............................................C

Tank at spots X and Y, raid stand at A, B, C, then D, then back to A. Moving bosses between X and Y every other sphere. Boss has big enough hitpoints, melee don't have to make any movement decisions. Just follow strat. Or if you want to simplify it even more, stack whole entire raid at A, B, C, and then D, and move together.
Guildmaster of The Remnant on The Harbinger
#4 World | #2 US | EC16 HM

Twilightsux
07.09.2012 , 06:12 PM | #6
Sorry I don't think it should be changed. My guild does not raid and therefore does not have any raid gear and we cleared HM LI w/ just Columi geared toons. Granted all of us now have Rakkata chest pieces since we have cleared it many times. I will say our first trek through that zone took us about 6 hours, but after learning the fights and coordinating where to stand it is pretty simple. I will say having all ranged DPS helps but it can be done w/ a melee thrown into the mix (it does make it harder for that one fight alone, but not impossible...we did it). I laugh whenever I see people on the fleet blabbing you need full raid gear to clear it, you don't. Seven Deadly Sith on The Shadowlands server can do it. We all have the Aratech Ice speeder to prove it.

oredith
07.09.2012 , 06:13 PM | #7
i actually found the 1st boss to be much easier with all melee dps, because then i don't have to worry about the orb getting dropped on a ranged. I can predict about where it's gonna drop, and plan accordingly.

the actual damage in the 1st boss is pretty tame, as long as incinerate is interrupted. speaking as the tank, i can single handedly interrupt all of them without them getting a tick off, so if you have 2 people, it should be a no brainer.
the rest of the damage (from the adds and the fire grate) is laughable, i can easily aoe taunt while tanking and just take the adds out via general aoe.

the 2nd boss, i'm not sure what kind of strat you're using, but as long as the healer stays mid, and everyone else goes to click on one, it really doesn't matter which one he jumps to, he'll still get burned. This is pretty much a healer check. if your healer sucks and can't cope with multiple people taking damage, you won't pass this, but it's not a "hard" encounter.
(╯□)╯┻━┻
flipp'n yo desk, like a bauss
Tankie

gamerpaul
07.09.2012 , 06:15 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by trulam View Post
Esh'ara
Sail
Cinder
Maebh

Is the group set up, all of the above in Rakata/BH gear, Esh was in full Col/Rakata and a few pieces of BH

Now before all the random troll QQ you guys just suck. We can clear raid content with no wipes at all.

The mechanics of the fight need to be adjusted. When our group can spend 4 hours and only pass to the second boss. Someone said it best, "Content should not be put out for the few". Thats what your hardmode operations are for.

The mechanics on the first boss alone, there is just to much going on at once, the fields are to large and randomized even when you have your ranged following each other. And for one is HIGHLY melee DPS unfriendly. Trying to kite the boss through melee dropped zones and oh ya, he stops in the middle of one to incinerate, pray that someones ranged interupt isnt on CD. There is far to much going on in that fight and needs to be toned down.

The second boss, dont even get me started, the platform activation times are far to long for a rapid shot elemental damage poison and dot. The timer on that needs to be damn near halfed and the elemental damaged curtailed as well.

If you want to play elite only plz la, then go make your own game, not a game where the majority can not complete it and we pay the same monthly as you.

Oh and btw one of our players has one hand. So we are handy capped as is and still can clear out hardmode EV in half the time it takes for one attempt at this horried designed instance.
Did it when it came out in rakata with 2 melee so it's doable. As much as I hate to say it seems like an l2p issue. I shudder to think what your opinion of HM EC would be.

Darkneo
07.09.2012 , 06:18 PM | #9
It doesnt matter what the make up of the group is wether it be all ranged all melee or mixed. you just have to stack up and move to a new spot when the spheres spawn, really not hard.

djrtykow
07.09.2012 , 06:20 PM | #10
For the love of god, stop making these ridiculous threads.

Nothing about this FP needs to be changed. Would it be nice if the loot was a tad better? Sure, everyone would love that. But considering its 'difficulty' the loot is on par.

It takes my group 40 minutes to clear this. We usually do it 2x a week. No wipes. Are we geared? Yes. Same as the OP nearly.

Op heals - BH
Merc dps - BH augmented
Merc dps - Rakata augmented
Jugg tank - BH/Rakata

The instance ISNT DIFFICULT. Your tactics are wrong. Don't try to change the game because you can't learn to play the correct mechanics.

Frankly, after an hour of failing you guys should have seriously re-evaluated tactics ..watch some YouTube videos. Phone a friend. Something.

I pray BW doesn't nerf this like they have everything else to dumb it down for this sad community. It is 'Tier2' for a reason. If you can't figure it out, go back to 'Tier1'.
Perfection. You are looking at it.