Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Not A QQ thread HM Denova

Novarium
07.09.2012 , 05:04 PM | #1
Hey guys, I am an assassin Tank and for the first time since the patch i felt 1.3 crippling. i could tank kephess fine in Hard mode before 1.3 but after 1.3 im struggling. this could also be attributed to a new healer... but my current stats are.

Armor: 6141
Damage reduction: 40.25%
Defence chance: 31.36%
SHield chance: 63.71%
Ahield absorbtion: 52.11%

now i am in full campaign gear so my gearing is not an issue.. and i was chatting to our other main tank and i noticed he had an extra 15% damage reduction on me (powertech)

I am not QQ'ing but wanting to talk to other guild's or assassin tanks who have done this fight post 1.3 with an assassin tank..

I found my self saving every cool down for that final stage after gift of the masters.. defense adrenial, deflection, medpack ect.. but to no avail and that 15% extra damage im taking seems like to much. anything to help me out would be appreciated

pureeffinmetal
07.09.2012 , 06:21 PM | #2
Powertechs may have upwards of 50-55% damage reduction but they won't be able to come close to 30+ % of defense.

My PT sits at like 21% with over 500 defense, way past the DR.

Might want to say specifically what you're struggling with. Also a new healer is a bit of a big deal too, like you said.
Fallschirmjager
Lightning Sorcerer
<Rapture>
The Shadowlands (Formerly Shadow Hand)

Shinaa
07.09.2012 , 06:23 PM | #3
Powertechs/Vanguards have more armor then the other tank classes, but they have almost no defence, I bet he has something like 15% defence, he also has no selfhealing (outside his 2-3 min cooldown). If you compare your stats, compare all of them.
I would say it's a healing issue, shadows/assassins have more damage spikes, which the healers should be aware of.

Lymain
07.09.2012 , 06:29 PM | #4
We did it with an Assassin with much lower stats than you have last night. I'm thinking your new healer wasn't cutting it.

Novarium
07.09.2012 , 06:44 PM | #5
hmmm ok thanks guys yeah all my other stats are higher but not by much from memory he said his defense was 23% and my shield was 15% higher absorb about the same... but thanks guys is there anyway that i can help my healers avoid the spikiness.. i mean the first time i taunt i use my adrenal which increases armor and the second time i use deflection.. also my issue is specifically after gift of the masters the tanks are taunting and swapping fine.. but i keep getting killed with the boss on 15-20%... and the self heals seem barely noticable in this fight.. ok thanks guys will retry this week,, and keep an eye on our healer.. thx

Blarginater
07.09.2012 , 07:05 PM | #6
Is that shield rating with our without dark ward, because if it isn't, that is way too high and you are hitting severe DR on shield rating, try to replace a good bit of that shield rating for absorb.

alifaraaz
07.09.2012 , 07:42 PM | #7
Gearing most likely isn't the issue nor your class. I don't like to.blame healers, they get enough.stick lol but in this case it likely is healing. I'm a PT and I generally struggle more against Kephess compared to my equally geared Assassin guildy.

You've done it before so I.don't want to lecture, but once Kephess drops are you guys switching tank.once one tank gets the DoT? Some guilds do some simply heal through it. Myself our healers simply couldn't keep us up if we had the DoT plus Kephess aggro, so we just switched.

If however you're struggling post 60% during the touch and breath phase, I dunno we usually found that very manageable if taunts are timed perfectly. So yeah my guess is down to the healer.
Kazar - Powertech, [Tomb of Freedom Nadd EU]

Novarium
07.09.2012 , 08:52 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Blarginater View Post
Is that shield rating with our without dark ward, because if it isn't, that is way too high and you are hitting severe DR on shield rating, try to replace a good bit of that shield rating for absorb.
Ah yeah should have specified that is with dark ward up.. 42% without ward..

yeah the issue is post 60% and we do swap when one tank has the dot.. good tips keep them coming.. but i think it probably is the healer issue.. thanks guys

Lovia
07.09.2012 , 09:05 PM | #9
2 things,

You said full campaign, on one hand you got that the flashpoint can be completed with full rakata tank (personal experience) and in the other hand the gear as campaign is pretty half cooked so you gotta swap armorings/mods/enchantments all over the place to get what is commonly refered as best in slot plus min/maxing offstats so there might be a lot of room for improvement.

Then
Are you one of those ppl that go for secondary stats on augments instead of tank main stat (endurance)? The only way to counter spiky damage is to leave room for healers to heal, thus endurance, plus since passive mitigation is only based on ilvl and active mitigation is diminished hugely endurance is the way to go.

summary: you should be able to complete the instance no matter what with campaign+ gear, you should try to improve your gear even after looting campaign by min/maxing stats and stacking endurance to help the healers with damage spikes.
this is what i think of 90% of the gamers:
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boa...3933#msg353933

sorry for the grammar, i cba to spellcheck simple forum posts

zeshakha
07.09.2012 , 09:14 PM | #10
Our shadow tank is doing just fine against Kephess (assuming he doesn't stand in the purple circles like last week...). When Kephess first comes down we heal our vanguard tank through the dot and kephess, and once the walker drops our tanks begin to switch after the dot.

If you aren't getting one hit in the last 60%, it is a healing issue. Don't blame the healer when you go from 100% to dead. Do blame him if you're sitting at >70% and die.
Jung Ma <Night's Radiance>
Hirse- Sage healer | Zeshakha- Vanguard tank
Joleer- Scoundrel healer | Ortamek- Sentinel
Zaia- Shadow tank