Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Reward

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Reward
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KorvusKaar
07.12.2012 , 07:55 AM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Y_bot View Post

Quote: Originally Posted by KorvusKaar
So there are 110% speeders for lvl 25 out there?
There's one. And we're talking about it. AND it has high resistance.That's why it's valuable, otherwise it would just be a normal, different looking speeder.

I was just answering the guy who said this was not an interoduction to the cash shop since the only thing this speeder had different from others that you can get in-game was the looks and I was asking him where has he seen 110% speeders at lvl 25 in-game (other than this one, obviously ^_^)

zackinthebox
07.12.2012 , 08:15 AM | #82
I really REALLY hope they don't change that speeder 1 requirement for this cause this is so worth the 60$ drop for a copy+time card off amazon with hopes my roommate will use and play it... It is saving me 3,860,000 credits between all 8 of my characters for speeders and training to get 110% speed. Awesome promo Bioware! I'm sold!

DarkDoz
07.12.2012 , 09:45 AM | #83
I invited a friend who is now playing with me online

Does that count?
Legacy Of Caźdus on Prophecy of the Five
Doz L55 Scoundrel DPS & Dozi L55 Scoundrel Healer
Lost'Her L55 Sniper & Lost"Him L55 Operative Healer

Graileon
07.12.2012 , 09:50 AM | #84
As much as I like refer a friend reward I have to say this is really a bad move. I personally bought the Collector's Edition and bioware continues to put things out that make the CE items completely obsolete. Not to mention refer a friend get a speeder that is max speed at 25 (10 with legacy perks) and avoid speeder 2-3 training but you gotta get your friend to drop $40-50 for the game and at least pay 1 month sub. Guess that makes the Longspur STAP gotten in the CE worthless and useless since it is stuck at 90% speed, just like the newer mini pets like the "return to SWTOR tauntaun" and other cooler looking minipets make CE owners ashamed to have their CE minimech out for display. What's left for CE owners? the horrible Merchant that sells non-impressive trooper armor (even more non-impressive republic side) for like 60k+ credits.

Way to go Bioware. Keep putting out promos like this and alienate people from your game and I am sure that its not just CE owners that are fuming

Orlesian
07.12.2012 , 10:35 AM | #85
Yay I got the vehicle~

I was not 100% sure if I would get it since my friend bought SWTOR a few months back, but I am glad that I did. Thank you my dear friend
❤ Please make Talos Drellik a romance option for female Inquisitors ❤
Red Eclipse

zackinthebox
07.13.2012 , 07:15 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Graileon View Post
What's left for CE owners? the horrible Merchant that sells non-impressive trooper armor (even more non-impressive republic side) for like 60k+ credits.

Way to go Bioware. Keep putting out promos like this and alienate people from your game and I am sure that its not just CE owners that are fuming
You got collectibles like that statue or those art books.

Wisdom
07.13.2012 , 10:10 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by zackinthebox View Post
You got collectibles like that statue or those art books.
I'd say many of the CE owners were probably among the most zealous promoters of the game from the start. We were the ones making suggestions in beta, putting up with all the bugs that were in the game at first, putting up with the unbalanced and awkward crew skills, dealing with and reporting the warzone cheaters; and yet loyally paying month to month while hundreds of people complained over the game and left in droves after the first month.

It's hard to prove what we did, but I'd say many of us can point to several other players and say: I got him or her into this game. Or: I got him or her to join this. Perhaps we can say: "That person remained a subscriber because we helped him and gave him a sense of community in an empty server" Or: "We did Esseles/Black Talon with that noob so that they would feel welcome and stay." But what are the rewards of being here from the start? A founder title? As much as I appreciate the founder title, I don't use it on any of my characters, because the titles that come with the character are better in my opinion.

Yet now there are absolute newbies that came into the game 4 months into it after half the stuff had been fixed, sent an email to a friend so that they would buy the game on amazon for a 1/7 of the price that I got it for and a 1/4 of the price my friends got it for, and they get an item that is more useful than all of the items available to CE combined.

Bioware didn't want to give an unfair advantage to people just because they could afford CE, and I respect that. And I am not saying I want people who are inviting friends and helping this game survive to be penalized and have their speeders nerfed, either. What I AM saying is that giving people these speeders just because they can afford to buy a second account or got lucky with a friend that's willing to pay for the game, is giving them an unfair advantage! And if you're going to give out unfair advantages, it should start with those that gave the most for the longest amount of time, and then pan out from there.

Allow the longspur STAP to be upgradeable for a moderate credit fee and have great resistance to being knocked off, or give out an item that is equally useful to this speeder to your veterans.
By definition, the enemies of Wisdom are fools. Are you my enemy?

HammersteinSW
07.13.2012 , 12:00 PM | #88
I would be a ****** friend if I tried to lure a friend into paying for a dying mmorpg.

Also what good is this when you can no longer create characters on backwater servers. I yet have to switch, so any subbing friend would not be able to play on my server.

NatthanSeaver
07.13.2012 , 03:50 PM | #89
I think that it is pretty shady that bioware puts up false advertisements and misleading statements to get more players in the game. on my client when i log in it says"Earn an exclusive speeder" then it says "learn how to receive a new speeder by inviting friends to a FREE* trial. which is not the case if you look into it. you have to wait to see if that friend actually decides they want to pay to play and if they do not want to play the game we do not receive our speeder.

Now I understand that this is a marketing tool to get more subscriptions and reward us, the players for doing your advertising for you. I have no problem with that. I do have a problem with the fact that you lie to us to get us to do this by telling us a flat out lie. when i looked into the exclusive speeder offer it says that the person you invite has to play the trial and then sign up for a subscription or buy a time card. This is not what is advertised on the game client. If you were to say get your friends to subscribe and we will give you this speeder. that would be a true statement. Upon further review of the rules of your offer it also says that we only receive the speeder as long as the invited person is actively paying to play and that you may repo the speeder at any time? *** seriously bioware. So please next time you make a offer like this please don't lie to us the gamers tell us the truth on how to get the special item and we will still try and get it im sure.

Tulmara
07.14.2012 , 12:57 AM | #90
Awwww... thought they were going to say Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Reward: Jawas ! Playable race.
Mount looks cool though