Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Reward

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Reward
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ansalem
07.10.2012 , 12:25 PM | #41
guess I shouldn't have recruited all my friends back during beta. For doing it using word of mouth etc and having them pre order before launch I get nothing. Thanks Bioware glad to see you forget about the loyal customers.

Tarn_Sirun
07.10.2012 , 12:47 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Learn how to earn an exclusive new speeder by inviting your friends to play The Old Republic™!

Read More
it's exclusive for now, but in 4 months they will give it to everyone a couple shades of color different, like the razor crystal.

Deveron
07.10.2012 , 12:54 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
guess I shouldn't have recruited all my friends back during beta. For doing it using word of mouth etc and having them pre order before launch I get nothing. Thanks Bioware glad to see you forget about the loyal customers.
You, me and possibly a few thousand others are in the same boat. We have to convince complete strangers to be our "friends" to accept an invite to something they can get easily just on their own. There needs to be an incentive for the new subscriber to go down the referral road.

I can understand you feel left out and I must admit that I feel the same. Even more so since I own two CE, gave away copies of the game as Christmas presents and now don't have much of a chance to get this collectible. But all of this could be easily fixed with adding a perk for the newcomer.

Even a lesser perk will make the referral more attractive than just the trial, but without a "bribe", this just won't work. You only have to take a look at the refer-a-friend thread at sites like mmorpg.com. It's dead.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellren View Post
This is akin to saying that you can go clothes shopping at stores intended for the opposite gender. I'm sure if I took you shopping I'd find you something that would fit, but I doubt you'd be very comfortable by the time I'd finished. In fact I suspect you'd complain no matter how pretty I made you look.

poobacca
07.10.2012 , 01:10 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Anzel View Post
Got mine in the mail today. Thank you guys. I really wanted this speeder. My wife referred our daughter and now we have three accounts (which we all use in the same room... yes we are nerds...) so I'm hoping she gets hers when the billing cycle hits
Exactly when did you get your speeder?

When you refered the friend? When his 30 day trial period was up and had to start to pay? When he reached level 15 for the free trail period?

Info would help here.

Also, one of the posts said you need to select to recieve SWTOR email. Another said SWTOR emial AND EA email. I wonder which is correct. I had problems logging onto origin. I reset my password and it STILL wont let me login, saying the server is down try again later. Anyone else have this problem. I was just trying to see if I had the preference to recieve emails on or off there. There was not even a phone number to contact them. Sad
Poobacca - The forever almost elder jedi

RikHar
07.10.2012 , 02:01 PM | #45
If you invite a friend does he need to go thru' the "free trial" process or can he just go straight to the game by purchasing one along with an account? Will this count doing it like this?

Thanks

Velir
07.10.2012 , 02:13 PM | #46
Regarding the when you get the speeder the FAQ says the following:

"You will become eligible for the speeder when at least one of the friends you have referred upgrades to a full account, becomes an active subscriber (pays for a recurring monthly subscription or redeems a Pre-Paid Game Time Code), and passes their 30 days of play time included with the purchase of the Game. Within 72 hours, you will then receive an in-game message with the Kurtob Alliance Speeder in your in-game mail."

Also, they can play for free until level 15 now. The friend reward won't kick in until 30 days after they buy the game and have either subbed or redeemed a Game Code.

I was thinking of inviting my nephew & bro-in-law and with the free trial, they wouldn't have to shell out anything if they find they don't like it or don't have the time. But they'd only be playing until the end of August - at least my nephew's already pre-ordered GW2.

On a separate note - boy are the fleets gonna be a mess with these things flying around!
Ready are you? What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained.

Knockerz
07.10.2012 , 02:33 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Tarn_Sirun View Post
it's exclusive for now, but in 4 months they will give it to everyone a couple shades of color different, like the razor crystal.
That's not necessarily true. In wow at least the old zebra mount was exclusive and was even removed from the game so those that got one have a unique mount no longer available. I happen to have one on my paladin, but it's not account wide like here.

Alkiii
07.10.2012 , 02:51 PM | #48
I did the whole friend trial ordeal and he ended up buying the game and then paying for 2 months. However, he isn't playing right now.

Will I still get this speeder?

How can we tell if we're eligible or not?
“When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep ... not screaming like the passengers in his car.”

octagramt
07.10.2012 , 03:36 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by sithgreyguard View Post
i have no friends.
^ ....

HKtheindomitable
07.10.2012 , 03:39 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by sithgreyguard View Post
i have no friends.
haw haw!!!
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website