Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Reward

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars: The Old Republic Friends Trial Reward
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Deveron
07.10.2012 , 10:10 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
The goal is to encourage you to get your friends to play.

From a business standpoint, it's MUCH cheaper to get your existing customers to bring in new subscribers than it is to "spray & pray" with advertising and other promotions.

So as a reward for generating new business for them, they give you a speeder.
Think of it as a sales commission.
Sure, you could just walk into a car dealership and buy a car but if I'm the one that gets you to buy that car, the dealership will give me money.
Pretty much the same thing here.
Well, thanks. I do know what I get out of the deal. But what does my friend get?

What's in it for him to wait for an invite rather than just going to the website and start his free trial right away?
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellren View Post
This is akin to saying that you can go clothes shopping at stores intended for the opposite gender. I'm sure if I took you shopping I'd find you something that would fit, but I doubt you'd be very comfortable by the time I'd finished. In fact I suspect you'd complain no matter how pretty I made you look.

Rankyn
07.10.2012 , 10:13 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Deveron View Post
Well, thanks. I do know what I get out of the deal. But what does my friend get?

What's in it for him to wait for an invite rather than just going to the website and start his free trial right away?
This isn't meant to be a reward for your friend, it's meant to be a reward for existing customers.
If your friend wants something, they'll need to subscribe and then refer someone else.

As with the car analogy, your friend who bought the car gets nothing but a new car.

Dsstronghold
07.10.2012 , 10:14 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Cellanoid View Post
Where does it say that on the page?
Because i was recruited and my friend has it on every toon.

sithgreyguard
07.10.2012 , 11:19 AM | #34
i have no friends.

QuickBunnie
07.10.2012 , 11:19 AM | #35
If your friend buys the game and a game card, do you get the speeder as soon as the code in input? Or do you have to wait for a trigger (30 days after game code perhaps?).

I think since a sub can be cancelled, they would wait until at least 1 payment has been made...

Ninja_Amnesty
07.10.2012 , 11:24 AM | #36
I referred a friend probably around a month ago who bought the game and a subscription. I checked online for a rewards program and saw nothing. So now I don't get the mount? I'm really pissed.
As a smuggler, I usually give three responses. Are you going to pay me, is that all you're going to pay me, and yes I'll do it.

verbalstu
07.10.2012 , 11:26 AM | #37
Should be available another way to. Bad offer!

Ninja_Amnesty
07.10.2012 , 11:29 AM | #38
...and I would also like to add that I bought the collectors edition which cost more than a friend who buys the game and a one month subscription and the vendor items, (which you still have to use in game money to buy), are terrible. You would have been better off without this offer because I'm starting to hate bioware.
As a smuggler, I usually give three responses. Are you going to pay me, is that all you're going to pay me, and yes I'll do it.

Deveron
07.10.2012 , 11:44 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
This isn't meant to be a reward for your friend, it's meant to be a reward for existing customers.
If your friend wants something, they'll need to subscribe and then refer someone else.

As with the car analogy, your friend who bought the car gets nothing but a new car.
Yeah, but you can get the exact same thing without a referral, so why should any one want to be invited or wait for an invitation, if you could just pick it up whenever you like.

Now I know they want to generate box sales with this and more specifically want to raise subscription numbers, but I believe this would work a lot better if you add some perk for the new subscriber as well. It would definitely convince quite a few people to open up an additional account, if this perk was tradable and not BoP, even.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ellren View Post
This is akin to saying that you can go clothes shopping at stores intended for the opposite gender. I'm sure if I took you shopping I'd find you something that would fit, but I doubt you'd be very comfortable by the time I'd finished. In fact I suspect you'd complain no matter how pretty I made you look.

Anzel
07.10.2012 , 12:10 PM | #40
Got mine in the mail today. Thank you guys. I really wanted this speeder. My wife referred our daughter and now we have three accounts (which we all use in the same room... yes we are nerds...) so I'm hoping she gets hers when the billing cycle hits
ANZEL - Master Bounty Hunter - Corbantis Galaxy - 06/23/2003
ANZEL - Bounty Hunter / Mercenary - The Corbantis Legacy - 12/13/2011
ANZEL - SWG EMU - CORE 1 Developer - 06/2006