Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvE Annihilation Marauder: Relic Help?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
PvE Annihilation Marauder: Relic Help?

NoxIrradiata
07.09.2012 , 12:50 PM | #1
I'm looking for some advice on what is generally considered to be the optimal relic set for a PvE Anni Marauder. I currently have on-use Campaign power relic and the Plasma Burst Device (on-hit elemental damage). I'm considering swapping out the Plasma Burst Device for a Matrix Cube in favor of raw stats, but curious about what everyone else prefers.

My current Strength is at 2060ish and Power is 680ish. Thanks!
The Harbinger
Thalyssa: Sith Marauder Rha Vhanna: Operative

Peace is a lie. There is only Passion...

Thundergulch
07.09.2012 , 01:34 PM | #2
Get the pvp relics and augment them.
Battlemaster relic has 103 power
War Hero has 113 power.
I hate pvp, so I just did enough to get the Battlemaster ones @ 500 comms each. (or is it 550?)

Also, I would say you have too much STR,
You're at the point where Power will give you a lot more damage.. try swapping out a STR augment for a Power augment and see the difference in your Primary max damage, and bonus damage.
My STR fully buffed and stimmed is 1885, and my force bonus damage is 951,melee bonus dmg is 680-ish.
Primary weapon max dmg is 1070.
33% crit, and 77% crit multiplier.
1024 power.

Aurojiin
07.09.2012 , 01:46 PM | #3
Keep your Strength augments. Power will not give you a "lot more damage" in practice, despite the slightly higher damage figures on your character sheet.

Either get two War Hero Boundless Ages relics, or one plus the Campaign proc relic.

Thundergulch
07.09.2012 , 01:52 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
Keep your Strength augments. Power will not give you a "lot more damage" in practice, despite the slightly higher damage figures on your character sheet..
Heck yes it does,I've parsed a ton of fights, and power is a bigger factor in overall damage for Annihilation Marauder.

Aurojiin
07.09.2012 , 02:59 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Thundergulch View Post
Heck yes it does,I've parsed a ton of fights, and power is a bigger factor in overall damage for Annihilation Marauder.
If you're got repeated dummy parses with a set of Strength augments and a set of Power augments showing consistently higher DPS with the Power ones, I will certainly concede the point.

NoxIrradiata
07.09.2012 , 03:16 PM | #6
Thanks for derailing my thread and turning it into yet another Strength vs. Power argument.
The Harbinger
Thalyssa: Sith Marauder Rha Vhanna: Operative

Peace is a lie. There is only Passion...

Aurojiin
07.09.2012 , 03:32 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by NoxIrradiata View Post
Thanks for derailing my thread and turning it into yet another Strength vs. Power argument.
You're welcome. Anyway, BiS is either 2x War Hero Boundless Ages relics or War Hero + Campaign internal proc relic. You'd have to test to be sure, but I suspect they'll be extremely close at any rate.

Gruddy
07.10.2012 , 02:30 PM | #8
In regards to trinkets, the proc trinket actually parses (unfortunately) about 30 dps lower than the Matrix cube. I'd suggest using 2x power trinkets if you're not in the habit of utilizing an on-use power trinket. The net loss between using 2x power trinkets vs 1 power + 1 on-use power trinket is ~10 dps (but that was without using bloodthirst or power adrenals). Long story short:
Quote:
2x War Hero Boundless Ages relics
In regards to Strength vs. Power, The math is there. I'm rounding down, but Power (4:1) has a lower coefficient than Strength (5:1) in regards to +damage. However, if you need/want to maintain +crit on certain pieces, then I'd suggest using a Might augment instead of an Overkill augment.

While I agree that Power > Strength seems counterintuitive, Marauders don't have a +strength talent which would increase strength's overall value, whereas Juggernauts do possess such a talent and the argument becomes less black and white.
May your pants never falter, even when they're optional.

Aurojiin
07.10.2012 , 08:30 PM | #9
Actually, even without a mainstat boosting talent, Strength is going to have a higher DPS increase than Power, point for point.

LagunaD posted a helpful explanation here.

Nolenthar
07.11.2012 , 08:55 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
You're welcome. Anyway, BiS is either 2x War Hero Boundless Ages relics or War Hero + Campaign internal proc relic. You'd have to test to be sure, but I suspect they'll be extremely close at any rate.
I actually parsed on a dummy hitting like an idiot for 20 minutes, 4 times 5 minutes and your suspicion is right.

I was parsing higher with the proc trinket than with a +100 power relic (the recruit one, I didn't have warhero one yet).

However, the difference (less than 2%) were not significant enough to decide if either of them were better, I would suspect they parse consistantly the same result (minus crit and other lucky shots) and I would have had to run 50 parses for each trinket to define a winner.

Quote: Originally Posted by Gruddy View Post
In regards to Strength vs. Power, The math is there. I'm rounding down, but Power (4:1) has a lower coefficient than Strength (5:1) in regards to +damage. However, if you need/want to maintain +crit on certain pieces, then I'd suggest using a Might augment instead of an Overkill augment.
1strength = 0.2 bonus damage, 1 power = 0.23.
We are not even in a 4:1 figure, it's a 9:2 there

However we agree, the crit increases makes up for the loss of pure power.
Kao'celaar Ildorii, Juyo Master, Mystical Awakening