Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Suggestion: As Legacy Level Increases prices decrease for Legacy Unlocks.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box

MOPSFounder
10.03.2012 , 02:15 PM | #101
I approve.

SebastiaanZ
10.04.2012 , 09:16 AM | #102
I approve but in the near future when people go F2P because they lack money to pay for the game, make it P2P only! Or give P2P'ers lower prices then F2P'ers.
The Skygardia Legacy LVL 50
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Click this LINK for all kind of goodies in game!

Nataph
10.04.2012 , 10:27 AM | #103
/signed

Great Idea.
The Bastion

Ixzaran - X'Allure - Aar'siah - Hada'ssah - Lots of 60's

GraxRawos
10.05.2012 , 08:05 AM | #104
/signed

The funny thing is, this thread goes on for almost 3 months now, 11 pages, 98% of the posters agreed, but I bet we won't see this change in-game anytime soon. Kinda sad.

I really enjoy this game, but I'm annoyed by all the money sinks in it. When leveling a toon, every time I have just over $100K credits, it goes down to 40K after visiting the trainer.

Later on, if you refuse to do the endgame grind, but you keep leveling toons, because you're curious about their class stories, you will end up broke... The most money I've ever had was something like 680K, after turning in the pvp recuit coin once!

Omble
10.05.2012 , 08:07 AM | #105
That's actually a pretty good idea.
/signed

dscount
10.05.2012 , 08:34 AM | #106
/signed

I agree that BW needs to fix this. I go broke everytime I want to level a toon. My legacy level doesn't mean anything and doesn't align with the "Marketing" that Legacy was account wide. If we must buy legacy it should be account wide at the same price for one Character.

Sorry BW - I feel Legacy got turned into a credit sink instead of a valuable benefit for those playing multiple ALT's.
Reference Link: Why not? http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

darklordpotter
10.05.2012 , 12:11 PM | #107
/signed. Legacy has some vaguely entertaining ideas - I love legacy of persuasion / altruism for instance but most of the unlocks just don't justify the associated costs so the only people who can afford them tend to be the people with a strong end game presence rather than the people running alts - which is what legacy is supposed to support/ encourage.

Legacy could be awesome but right now it's just another tedious credit sink.

well
10.05.2012 , 06:03 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post

This will increase the marginal utility of the legacy "rewards". As it stands, the abilities are overpriced for the actual utility obtained. Having a sliding scale would allow the buyer to opt in when the price per utility gained is at the acceptable "pain threashold" of the purchase in the eyes of the buyer.

Right now Legacy Level is useless. I am currently "rewarded" the "privilage" to pay huge amounts of credits for abilites that are just very "meh" at best.
/signed

Nissyen
10.06.2012 , 02:25 PM | #109
I agree that the legacy system's prices should drop as your legacy level increases... you add the requirement that the prices will not drop until at least 1 toon is level 50 (Free to Play maxes at level 15).

Cakellene
10.07.2012 , 06:37 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Nissyen View Post
I agree that the legacy system's prices should drop as your legacy level increases... you add the requirement that the prices will not drop until at least 1 toon is level 50 (Free to Play maxes at level 15).
Where did you read that? All I have seen says FTP to 50.
What part of Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn don't you understand?