Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'm legacy level 30 - why do I have to pay millions of credits to unlock stuff?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I'm legacy level 30 - why do I have to pay millions of credits to unlock stuff?

Urael
07.09.2012 , 12:23 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by CelCawdro View Post
If the legacy system did not exist and they were asking that much for these perks, fine. That's fair. But claiming that the legacy system rewards you for playing the game simply isn't true.
^QFT

I agree completely with this statement.

ticklefist
07.09.2012 , 12:25 PM | #22
Because the more things cost the more you play. The more you play, the more you develop a habit. Virtually everything in the game has had a cost tacked onto it in order to facilitate this. It's skinner box 101, really.

Urael
07.09.2012 , 12:30 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ticklefist View Post
Because the more things cost the more you play. The more you play, the more you develop a habit. Virtually everything in the game has had a cost tacked onto it in order to facilitate this. It's skinner box 101, really.
Accept in this case there is a definate "out" of the skinner box that is SWTOR. Once you see all the story quests for each class (so 8 times thru) you can say you "beat" the game. The rest of the game is really no different than any other theme park MMORPG on the market. This will prolly be the fate of this game for me. Imma only pressin the button until I get all 8 class quest storylines done unless something changes for the better. Legacy doesn't increase the habit. It actually has no effect.

Glowrod
07.09.2012 , 12:31 PM | #24
This is one of the main reasons that I don't use the legacy perks. There's just not one chance in hell that I'm shelling out that kind of money for these medioker perks. Like others have said, what's the point of gaining legacy levels if the levels mean nothing and you still have to shell out millions of credits to do anything?

They are charging stupendous rates, as if they don't want people to use them. Well, OK, I won't.

VIP Lounge Member

erei
07.09.2012 , 12:39 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
Imagine how those of us who are nearing the Legacy level cap of 50 feel.

Currenly 49.
I'm legacy lvl 50. I've check, and the max legacy lvl you need is 25 (for the ship GTN). I've only unlocked the social X emote, and I was disappointed. 350K credit for an useless emote I will not use anymore.
I unlocked character perk legacy of crafting for most of my char, since it cost roughly the same than we earn once we reach lvl 50 with the pvp quest for a recruit gear. And the extra slicing purple they bring me to craft augmentations makes a lot of money currently.
Everything else is overpriced and/or useless. 5mil a ship gtn, while I can have access to a GTN and everything else on the fleet. 2mil for the jetpack is completely overpriced. I can buy them all. But I won't. Your money sink fail on me. I keep my 20mil for useful stuff.

kitsinni
07.09.2012 , 12:40 PM | #26
So far legacy has been one of the biggest letdowns of the game for me. Great I can do all this work so that I can level in to something that does nothing for me other than open up another endless credit sink. I have played these games for over a decade and I have never had as many problems with credits as I do in this game.
Okin

psi_overtake
07.09.2012 , 12:43 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by erei View Post
I keep my 20mil for useful stuff.
If you're sitting on 20M, then you've yet to find a use for it
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

RuNuB
07.09.2012 , 12:49 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by CelCawdro View Post

Having these double-requirements is absolutely pointless, and borderline insulting to the players that wish to make use of these unlocks. "I see you've finally achieved legacy level 15! Congratulations! Instead of rewarding you outright, we ask that you fork over a few million credits before you enjoy this minor perk!"

If the legacy system did not exist and they were asking that much for these perks, fine. That's fair. But claiming that the legacy system rewards you for playing the game simply isn't true.
My thoughts Exactly. Running dailys for months on end just to receive my so called "reward", that i thought i had already unlocked, is just insulting.

When a game starts to feel more like a job then an escape. I start to question why i am playing it.

WrecklessMEDIC
07.09.2012 , 12:49 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Kheg View Post
Seriously, I know - I have no life. I play the game, I enjoy the game. I remember when legacies were first announced it was said "Oh hey! You'll be able to unlock them with either credits or legacy experience!" That's fine, and there's a whole what... maybe 3 or so legacy perks that are essentially useless that fall under that category?

1.3 comes along, and again, more legacy fluff comes along, and again I'd have to shell out a bazillion credits if I want to tinker with the legacy perks. Except this time, it's even worse because they're per character.

I know credits aren't terribly hard to come by in the game, but come on! The legacy perks cap out at level 25. I'm sure more will be added later. I'm LL30 and the XP just keeps on piling up as I keep throwing my cash at Bioware - and yet you guys keep putting credit sink barriers with ridiculous numbers up? Really?

At least start giving legacy unlocks after LL25 to give a discount on legacy perk prices for us losers with no life that support your game!
I'm only a few bars away from Legacy Level 50 and I agree there should be more perks or unlocks that only someone with max Legacy like myself should be able to get. Like a cool mount or title or something....lol.

But as far as the credit costs?..... meh. It's kind of a pain, but not that big a deal really. I can easily afford all the perks and unlocks on multiple alts. Credits are easy to come by when you have 6 level 50's.

Celebrus
07.09.2012 , 01:05 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by WrecklessMEDIC View Post
I'm only a few bars away from Legacy Level 50 and I agree there should be more perks or unlocks that only someone with max Legacy like myself should be able to get. Like a cool mount or title or something....lol.

But as far as the credit costs?..... meh. It's kind of a pain, but not that big a deal really. I can easily afford all the perks and unlocks on multiple alts. Credits are easy to come by when you have 6 level 50's.
Six level 50s. No problem with credit sinks. Belief that people with a lot of time on their hands to grind legacy levels need a reward.

I'm going to be EXTREMELY nice and describe your life as having a very "flexible schedule". The kind of flexibility that most people don't get to enjoy.