Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Group Finder return to last location?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Vankris
07.12.2012 , 03:28 AM | #21
i see yes, i remember those. They are however at a unique location on a said planet, you could be quite far away, especially if your hearthstone is on CD.

notwithstanding, the abuse i point out shouldn't exist, i think people that signs on the group finder for flashpoint should do so with the intent of running the flashpoint, not as a free teleport to the fleet from anywhere in the world.
Shadow | Kinetic Combat

PainOfDemise
07.12.2012 , 07:37 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Vankris View Post
there is a possible exploit on current system.

you want to port to the fleet (or ilum) but your fleet recall is on CD
- sign to a fleet FP (esseles, kaon, D7, ...) as a heal or tank (to shorten wait time)
- as soon as you get a group, leave the group, you are in the fleet

I think this should be addressed because it grief player willing to run the flashpoint.
Return to last location would nullify this exploit.

Choice to stay on the fleet or return to last location should be given only upon completion of flashpoint.
Never thought of doing that. I'd feel kind of bad though, it is kind of a dick move just to save a few minutes.
The Tarvock Legacy

mavsynchroid
07.15.2012 , 04:29 PM | #23
Very happy to hear this as well! Since I'm DPS the group finder takes quite a while to pop. I'll probably make a seperate thread on this but I have a question, if somebody is away from keyboard, does their que in the group finder still pop? There's been A LOT of times where it finally pops, and we sit there and watch the timer count down waiting for the last person to push it, only for it to run out of time. :/

I also think a lot of people decline because they dont want to have to travel to the fleet after, only to have to travel back to where their current quest was, so please hurry with adding this feature!!! People will start actually using the group finder on my server!!

RakeWorm
09.06.2012 , 05:22 AM | #24
Best news I've heard in like, ever. Ever ever.
ďA machine philosophy that can create the world in its own image and a self-mutilating freedom, that is that image snarling back."

JamieM
09.06.2012 , 05:56 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
You'll be glad to know that this is something we have in the works! In the future, the Group Finder will return you to your original location.
Thanks Allison. Don't suppose you guys have a rough ETA for when we might see this implemented? With 1.4 perhaps?

AllisonBerryman
09.06.2012 , 07:22 AM | #26 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Right now, we do have this change planned for 1.4, but please keep in mind that it's possible that could change!

MillionsKNives
09.06.2012 , 07:38 AM | #27
Right now, we do have this change planned for 1.4, but please keep in mind that it's possible that could change!
I love these kinds of responses (no sarcasm). It lets us know a rough ETA on when we can expect the change. Much better and more definitive than Soon, which could mean weeks or months.

I'm really looking forward to this change. Here's to hoping it doesn't get pushed back.

Thaltom
09.06.2012 , 07:56 AM | #28
See this is what I wanted. Responses like this. I know that there is a chance that this feature won't make it to 1.4 but at least I know a potential feature. I like having something to look forward to.
I only get paid when I survive. I like getting paid.

JamieM
09.06.2012 , 09:01 AM | #29
Brilliant, thanks and duly noted.

Mastershroom
09.06.2012 , 11:30 AM | #30
On a related note, is there any way to alter the mechanics of "return to med center" in Flashpoints? As it is, if you fall to your death where nobody can revive you, or if your group wipes, returning to the nearest med center gives you a loading screen that teleports you outside of the instance, whether to the Fleet or Ilum or wherever your FP starts, and then you have to turn right back around and walk back into the instance, immediately triggering another loading screen.

Perhaps a medical droid could be placed right at the beginning of every flashpoint, the way they often are on those "between-planet" instances for class missions. That way you could still have to go back to the beginning of the FP, but without two back-to-back load screens.

Also, some FP's have a pretty long walk from where you re-enter the instance to where you're trying to get. The Battle of Ilum is particularly nasty for this, as groups I'm in usually tend to die at the first pair of bosses. When we die there, we get back in at the speeder pad, pretty far back. Perhaps Flashpoints could get a "catch-up" speeder like Operations currently have, that would just fly you to whatever boss fight or other quest stage you're currently in front of.