Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hard Mode EC (Full Melee DPS)

xenofire
07.09.2012 , 05:54 PM | #21
FYI the minefield robots only explode for like 15k damage. Anyone in the raid can stun one and eat the other. Or a mara/sent can UDR them both. We didn't kill those the first few months we did the instance, we just ignored them and ate them.

I would say all the bosses are a little unforgiving on the DPS side if you're in Rakata, you can't make any mistakes. But, after 3-4 months, everyone in your raid should be in full best in slot even if you've never killed a single boss in ECHM.... My full best in slot has one single campaign piece-- the weapon.
Guildmaster of The Remnant on The Harbinger
#4 World | #2 US | EC16 HM

Zhaker
07.09.2012 , 06:30 PM | #22
For the Shielded Trandoshians, the healers also throw in the aoe lightning as well during the shield bosses as well, cause they can do 800 a tick of damage as well so having the healers with revivification ANd the lightning helps with downing those mobs quicker once the warrior is down.

For the Explosive robots healers can handle this so long as they can kite and rotate their CC's correctly. I use the PvP Set bonus to recover my shields faster because the full PVE set bonus is useless (extra 50 force points is rubbish). SO i can run in charge and soak up the damage. Its 10k which I can easily heal through with revificiation, resurgence and innervate. Also I use defensive rakata stims so i get an extra 1k hp Which helps, WIllpower stim isnt essential here.

BigV
07.09.2012 , 07:10 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by KarethRiker View Post
Great video of Kephess and love the Linkin Park which was perfect for the fight!

Thanks for the explanation. On the trandoshan shield phase I saw you left one alive for awhile, were you fooling around or waiting for a cooldown to come back up?

Guess I'm putting cyclone slash back on my bar I always talk about how useless it is given the rage cost, but I guess in this situation it's a necessity. Normally our melee (in story) take out the trandoshan warrior asap and then let the ranged aoe the rest of the mob, with us killing the stragglers.

We just had our breakthrough on Vorgath a few times in a row but only put a few attempts in on Kephess. Looking forward to getting this in the next few weeks.
We keep the one alive mainly so when we go to mid to pull bomb the battlewalker isn't shooting his aoe right at where we standing, also use it for healers to recover force and/or top everyone off if needed

Firehammer
07.10.2012 , 04:16 PM | #24
Thanks for posting this! I have been trying to convince the raid group that having melee isn't a disadvantage, but that we are just not getting all of the mechanics right.

Zhaker
07.12.2012 , 06:05 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by KarethRiker View Post
Great video of Kephess and love the Linkin Park which was perfect for the fight!

Thanks for the explanation. On the trandoshan shield phase I saw you left one alive for awhile, were you fooling around or waiting for a cooldown to come back up?

Guess I'm putting cyclone slash back on my bar I always talk about how useless it is given the rage cost, but I guess in this situation it's a necessity. Normally our melee (in story) take out the trandoshan warrior asap and then let the ranged aoe the rest of the mob, with us killing the stragglers.

We just had our breakthrough on Vorgath a few times in a row but only put a few attempts in on Kephess. Looking forward to getting this in the next few weeks.
For that phase, we left 1 around because we want to position the walker's AoE attack where it wont affect us trying to get the bomb guy when we pull him. We wait till he is shooting his aoe attack in front so that when we pull the bomb guy we wont get hit with 4k AoE damage in all the groups.

As for the Trandoshan warrior, he has to die first. Once he goes down you can unload the AoE attacks.on the rest.

dinothehutt
07.13.2012 , 02:56 AM | #26
I play as a Marauder from the videos linked and have done these fight many times from mostly rakata to in the video where I am wearing all black hole/camp full aug. I will say that gear helps a lot but proper use of cd's, when to move ect is even more important. I would say for a melee dps Zorn and Toth is the most difficult for melee survivability and sadly also the first fight to get through. For them alone i highly reccomend specing 2 points into getting that 30percent aoe reduction. I dont really have much trouble surviving in the other fights.....unless you watched the tanks fight where I insta killed myseld towards the end on accident.. The tanks can be handled with good survivability as well with proper use of cds. When the shields come up and you are looking cloak to give yourself time to find shield. Keep saber ward for any time you are taking more severe damage and don't waste that cd when you don't need it in fights. For Zorn and Toth i would be ready to hit cammo as soon as say Toth jumps up to smash down I am already cammo before he lands back on ground...be fast and you can mitigate tons of damage...know when he will be doing the smashes. Cloak of pain should be used whenever it is up. Use mostly all berzerks but perhaps a predation during red circle phase to help group survive. The fights in EC and especially hm ec are more complex and unforgiving to mistakes so proper group composition and good raid leadership is your best chance. These are the types of fights where even one person not knowing a fight or listening carefully to instruction can kill your whole team. I would also say again that a good raid leader can made a huge difference. You could have a group that is capable of doing this but without a good leader and communication you will be in for a lot of long trips back after death.

bbates
07.13.2012 , 05:09 PM | #27
Our main group runs with two marauders. So yeah it's viable maybe some extra heals on Zorn and Toth but that's that smash rocks me even in full campaign. I would suggest if your not in full campaign as a marauder then you stay spec'd in the aoe reduction.
Zero 55 Merc, Tubbington 55 Mara, After 55 Sorc, SleepyBear 55 Opp, Tulduro 55 Jugg Mirand'a 55 Ptech, Naughtengton 55 Sage, Helle'quin 52 Gun,
Proud member of Animosity! The Firefly Legacy!

dinothehutt
07.14.2012 , 11:29 PM | #28
As long as you have the damage percentages you can know when which smash is coming and if you notice in the video some I take with a force cammo, some a saber ward and others we run back a distance and then charge back in. The attacks are predictable for the most part unless you are skipping phases which can happen. Sometimes we are about to skip the yellow/purple circle phase so we will slow or stop dps for a short time to make sure that the rock is thrown before he say skips to the next jump and jumps out of the way .