Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR free to play?

Solixx
07.09.2012 , 04:13 AM | #1
I read a post by Bioware a few weeks back that said they are "considering other payment methods". I thott to myself what does this mean? Free to play? no way its EA lol. then I started thinkin what else can they do? Now I heard about the raise in LVL capp (yes i know thats old news) from E3. I started thinking what if they do the same as GW and DCUO is doin. Make the game free to play but every 2months or more release a xpac you must buy. This would mean that you could play the game without buying them but not geting all the content. Thus meaning the number of ppl playing the game will prob increase. and you would get more ppl coming in trying the game out and if they like it staying. What is yalls thott on this would you like to see the game go on this path? I think it would be best for it cause with Subs droping as i heard it would get alot new players comin to it and some would prob stay for a while.

by doin this you would be paying the same amount it would be like every 2months release a $30 xpac(That will be like a big patch) and player that don't got the money right away could wait or w/e I think this is what they are headed for myself and think it is a great way to get more ppl playing the game 1.3mil subs could go up to 2mil easy with this way of doin things.

Solixx
07.09.2012 , 04:19 AM | #2
Goods of this system
1. more ppl trying the game out and its a good game so they will prob stay
2. Faster geting content out, This will make them feel driven to get new content out cause its how they will get money
3. That would give you a month or more off of paying for the game so you would have you $15 for somethign else for th months with no new xpac.
Bads
1. Having to go on website/to store to get the new content
2. they will have to add more content each Patch/xpac then what they are now

I think this is one of the best payment methods for any MMO paying monthly just isn't fun for me plus ALOT more ppl will come to the game and start playing.

Sarfux
07.09.2012 , 04:20 AM | #3
please...not this crap again.

Listen...the free to play options were the ones coming this month. Meaning the free to play up to level 15. That's it...that's what it's gonna be. This game isn't going to be free to play. Sorry
Always be who you are, not what the galaxy wants you to be

Mentor System

SWTOR: Out On the Horizon

Honest Assessment of the Game

So Long, Forums

Bloodstealer
07.09.2012 , 04:38 AM | #4
Did you really have to go and start another F2P thread...

....... zzz ZZZZZ zzz .......
The Chaotic Misfits Guild.
Death or Glory - It's all just a game to me!

Referral Link - http://www.swtor.com/r/Mf4BzX

Bloodstealer
07.09.2012 , 04:40 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarfux View Post

Listen...the free to play options were the ones coming this month. Meaning the free to play up to level 15. That's it...that's what it's gonna be. This game isn't going to be free to play. Sorry
I wouldn't bet against it.....
that's all I'm saying on it!
The Chaotic Misfits Guild.
Death or Glory - It's all just a game to me!

Referral Link - http://www.swtor.com/r/Mf4BzX

Nippon
07.09.2012 , 04:41 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Solixx View Post
Goods of this system
1. more ppl trying the game out and its a good game so they will prob stay
2. Faster geting content out, This will make them feel driven to get new content out cause its how they will get money
3. That would give you a month or more off of paying for the game so you would have you $15 for somethign else for th months with no new xpac.
Bads
1. Having to go on website/to store to get the new content
2. they will have to add more content each Patch/xpac then what they are now

I think this is one of the best payment methods for any MMO paying monthly just isn't fun for me plus ALOT more ppl will come to the game and start playing.
You are so wrong.....

Every single MMO I have played that has gone F2P has had a massive downturn in quality, substituting good quality quests and instances for reputation grinds and rinse repeat content churned out over and over and over again, Plus and this si the big one, to even compete at a normal level in ANY f2P would require a player to spend at least $15 a month in store coins to access main content.

I really never ever will understand peoples arguments for F2P because there simply is no such thing ..!!

Dont agree ???

Go play LOTRO, STO or AOC and level to max level with all areas open, have access to all end game content, then tell me how FREE it is..

All F2P games work on the same model, Grind 10000 of this and 10000 of that and you get 20 store points, of course the next area costs 100 store points so you need to grind 50000 things.....Otherwise pay $6 and get 50 store points or get 150 for $10......Yep that sounds free to me, in fact companies are not stupid, they advertise F2P but in reality everyone stupid enough to buy into it ends up spending $15 a month anyway. Or grinding endless mobs to gain there 20 points then come on Sub base Forums saying how great it is.....

Sorry but that is not my idea of fun, if its yours, go play LOTRO or STO....il see you back here in a few months when your sick to death of grinding endlessly over and over and over again, just to access the next area.
Feel free to use my referal link : http://www.swtor.com/r/thgh8R

SWTOR has lost its identity:

Toweleeeie
07.09.2012 , 04:49 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Nippon View Post
You are so wrong.....

Every single MMO I have played that has gone F2P has had a massive downturn in quality, substituting good quality quests and instances for reputation grinds and rinse repeat content churned out over and over and over again, Plus and this si the big one, to even compete at a normal level in ANY f2P would require a player to spend at least $15 a month in store coins to access main content.

I really never ever will understand peoples arguments for F2P because there simply is no such thing ..!!
So exactly what we are doing now?

Three difficulty settings instead of real content, CHECK. Having to grind dailies for credits for basically everything in this game, CHECK

I can't even tell you how many times of done EC HM and thats the newest content...
I like turtles

Solixx
07.09.2012 , 04:56 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Sarfux View Post

Rly? the post i read by Bioware ill find it and post it soon talked about the Free to play up to lvl 15 and THEN it went into talkin about finding another payment method so go ahead and belive but with 1.3mil subs and droping the game is Failling so they need something to give it life

Jackobite
07.09.2012 , 04:58 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Toweleeeie View Post

I can't even tell you how many times of done EC HM and thats the newest content...
I cant tell you how many times I see on the forums about people doing ECHM in col gear doing it with a new lvl 50 doing it with 6 people ....

yet when I look around in fleet its rare to see a black speeder.

You may be finished with EC but most of us are not.
CE

Toweleeeie
07.09.2012 , 05:07 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jackobite View Post
I cant tell you how many times I see on the forums about people doing ECHM in col gear doing it with a new lvl 50 doing it with 6 people ....

yet when I look around in fleet its rare to see a black speeder.

You may be finished with EC but most of us are not.
Ok... How many times have you done dailies? Including all difficulty levels; How many times have you run False Emperor or Taral V?
I like turtles