Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bored Armormech -- Have a Suggestion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Bored Armormech -- Have a Suggestion

Redcorn
07.09.2012 , 03:47 AM | #1
Ok, I know crafting is what it is, and crafting in SWTOR is what it is. I enjoy the faux making stuff. This is why I don't simply gather. But, as an armormech I am bored. As I see it the summit is the two Rakatta pieces. Well I did that long ago and worked to crit aug them both. Now there is nothing to do and I am thinking about dropping it to just gather.

So, one thing BW could do to fix this for me. I know they are reading every word here .

For armor, arms, and synth give us a ton of unique looking orange armor...or better yet give them another color rating. Heck if you could just make jedi clothes that don't look stupid would be a win.

For cyber and artifice make the new crafted gear from above have a special slot that can only be filled by cybertech crated items.2. There should also be unique looking mounts and hilts(that take augment?)

This would not take away from the need to keep ops and pvp gear valuable and worth the grind and still give crafters something to do.

I am not even talking about making a profit here, just adding to the game through personal effort for the joy of it.

maestruljedi
07.09.2012 , 12:05 PM | #2
Agreed. I bet most of us spend half the game time just trying to get their chars to look the way we want them to. Crafting professions should provide an incentive via more custom gear.

But what i would like above all is the ability to attach visual mods to armor. Something like... Synthweaving could craft capes that are attachable to armor, Armormech could craft jet packs, Armstech could craft silencers or sniper scopes, Artifice could make hoods, Cybertech could make, well, cybernetics and so on. They would be bound to the character, of course, or to legacy, but this would be a great incentive to keep the crafting prof and enjoy it, instead of the "biochem or fail" trend.

Coriolan_Martius
07.09.2012 , 01:43 PM | #3
I am in the same boat. All I do now is craft tons of green belts to RE for augment parts. I like being able to pack my toons with lots of extra stats. However, I wish we could craft good looking gear. Before 1.2 came out, I was so excited about the prospect of crit crafting a nice looking BH set and putting in Columi mods.

Then 1.2 came out and they messed up with the whole shell vs. mod set bonus and my dreams were crushed. Maybe someday, we will actually be able to craft unique looking armor which can accept all end game mods.

Kratosi
07.09.2012 , 03:26 PM | #4
Not Bored, just frastrated with crafting items that only my main character can use.... I can understand that rakata gear binds on pick up but why it binds when crafted after month of Crafting items and RE countless items and doing HM FP's, gather and sending crew members out to aquire the needed matts, not to mention spending large amounts of credits for matts on GTN to only have the gear or item end up "bind on Pickup" and being able to only be used by my main character and not my alts.

I am not one to simply complain but recomment a solution... I would like to see and suggest that perhaps expanding crafted gear and items that are now set to "bind on pickup" be changed to bind on Legacy and/or perhaps even bind onto your guild. Binding higher end items to guild would even give more of an incentive to belong to a guild and stay in one as well. Thank you.

Redcorn
07.09.2012 , 06:24 PM | #5
These are some great replies. I love the idea of making addons for an armor set

Quote: Originally Posted by maestruljedi View Post
Agreed. I bet most of us spend half the game time just trying to get their chars to look the way we want them to. Crafting professions should provide an incentive via more custom gear.

But what i would like above all is the ability to attach visual mods to armor. Something like... Synthweaving could craft capes that are attachable to armor, Armormech could craft jet packs, Armstech could craft silencers or sniper scopes, Artifice could make hoods, Cybertech could make, well, cybernetics and so on. They would be bound to the character, of course, or to legacy, but this would be a great incentive to keep the crafting prof and enjoy it, instead of the "biochem or fail" trend.