Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Voidstar 0-0 draws must be sorted now

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Voidstar 0-0 draws must be sorted now
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

paul_preib
07.09.2012 , 02:05 PM | #51
In a certain manner you could actually translate this to being a benefit to whomever is the second attacking team, as you can know if you successfully defended fully then you can adjust your strategy to reflect maximum kill efficiency over worrying about the door (cluster up in a ball, pick target of emphasis grapple/harpoon him into the middle and focus blast).

Not saying that's a bad alternative, Doesn't matter too much to me because frankly I can comfortably admit I'm never making my way to a team where one loss will have much impact on my rating (whilst I pvp a quite a bit across multiple toons I am the only one that does much wz-ing in my guild so will be mostly doing unrated or the occasional ranked pug).
Cyperian -- Sorceror Cyterian-- Sentinel Cyrellian-- Trooper Cyprian-- Sage
Cylerian-- Scoundrel Kyrellian-- Sniper
Of the Bloodborne and Deargna-Fhuil Legacies

Tragamite
07.09.2012 , 02:09 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hey everyone! I just talked with Rob Hinkle on the PvP team about this, and he let me know that:

1) Yes, right now, if neither team breaches the first set of doors, the winner is determined randomly (in case anyone wasn't sure).

2) We have a change coming that will determine the winner in this case by taking each team's number of kills into account.

Thanks for posting to let us know your thoughts on this topic!
To me kill count is a bad idea for one like someone said all heals teams will never get through the doors but they'll never die and can just constantly inturupt someone trying to plant a bomb. Just cause died a million times my teams ability to keep the enemy from getting any progress should still be noteworthy.

Implement Draws! A nil nil draw in VS should award both teams a draw medal but no victory to either side. In the case of ranked no rating change.

Draws should only be a factor for a 0-0 score in VS, in a tie in huttball and no ball control or in the now very rare event of "match will end in 30 seconds..." In the case of daily/weeklys a draw counts as a loss. But I truely feel that seeing a "draw" ending on the scoreboard will be accepted.

Pistols
07.09.2012 , 02:14 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hey everyone! I just talked with Rob Hinkle on the PvP team about this, and he let me know that:

1) Yes, right now, if neither team breaches the first set of doors, the winner is determined randomly (in case anyone wasn't sure).

2) We have a change coming that will determine the winner in this case by taking each team's number of kills into account.

Thanks for posting to let us know your thoughts on this topic!
Thanks for relaying this here. Just a few questions..

1. Is the "determination" set in stone (meaning will they explore or ask the PvP player base their input)

2. Will this be something pushed live soon, or pushed when Official Rateds starts?

3. It is possible that both teams could tie with kill count as well, what happens then?

Thank you.

paul_preib
07.09.2012 , 02:21 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Tragamite View Post
To me kill count is a bad idea for one like someone said all heals teams will never get through the doors but they'll never die and can just constantly inturupt someone trying to plant a bomb. Just cause died a million times my teams ability to keep the enemy from getting any progress should still be noteworthy.

Implement Draws! A nil nil draw in VS should award both teams a draw medal but no victory to either side. In the case of ranked no rating change.

Draws should only be a factor for a 0-0 score in VS, in a tie in huttball and no ball control or in the now very rare event of "match will end in 30 seconds..." In the case of daily/weeklys a draw counts as a loss. But I truely feel that seeing a "draw" ending on the scoreboard will be accepted.
In building a "death proof" all heals team though you cause yourself issues in other matches-- adleraan and denova being difficult to push the opposition in a cap, huttball being fairly reliant on fire-pit stunning or being extremely good at peeling the ballcarrier away from his support.

That's the thing, if you want to build a match-specific composition that's fine, but there are drawbacks in other areas to balance things out.
Cyperian -- Sorceror Cyterian-- Sentinel Cyrellian-- Trooper Cyprian-- Sage
Cylerian-- Scoundrel Kyrellian-- Sniper
Of the Bloodborne and Deargna-Fhuil Legacies

Varicite
07.09.2012 , 02:21 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
3. It is possible that both teams could tie with kill count as well, what happens then?
Bioware's mind = Blown.
Quote: Originally Posted by JayPres View Post
Strap your digital dog to your digital roof and take your ideologies, lovely wife, and sweet little 8yr old girl to a PVE server where you fit best.

Pistols
07.09.2012 , 03:00 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Varicite View Post
Bioware's mind = Blown.

MasterFeign
07.09.2012 , 03:00 PM | #57
Having the most kills is probably for the better for sure, as either team could probably farm objective points at the beginning (if objective points ended up being the deciding factor).

Lymain
07.09.2012 , 03:32 PM | #58
I'd much rather see draws than some arbitrary 0-0 tiebreak.

Skroting
07.09.2012 , 03:35 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols View Post
Thanks for relaying this here. Just two questions.

1. Is the "determination" set in stone (meaning will they explore or ask the PvP player base their input)

2. Will this be something pushed live soon, or pushed when Official Rateds starts?

Thank you.
one.. two... three

Yackman
07.09.2012 , 03:39 PM | #60
Deaths would be better than kills