Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Voidstar 0-0 draws must be sorted now

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Voidstar 0-0 draws must be sorted now
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Yestreen's Avatar


Yestreen
07.09.2012 , 09:07 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by KhalDrogoe View Post
I think that the way they determine a winner is by final elimination. This rule should be applied to every warzone. Set the Civil War to where instead of timing, each turret is on a set timer when they shoot instead of shooting each at their own pace.

Bottom line, in Huttball/Voidstar when the timer expires and the score is 0-0, a "SUDDEN DEATH" message should be announced. Then from that point onwards there will be no more re-spawning.
I think in the event of a draw you could have sudden death rounds. The defense loses the ability to respawn and you keep going for the 1st door. THe team that does it under the no-respawn rule fastest wins.
Wurdlol
<Hey im mvp>
www.twitch.tv/wurdlolswtor

Aaroneus's Avatar


Aaroneus
07.09.2012 , 09:09 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by KhalDrogoe View Post
I think that the way they determine a winner is by final elimination. This rule should be applied to every warzone. Set the Civil War to where instead of timing, each turret is on a set timer when they shoot instead of shooting each at their own pace.

Bottom line, in Huttball/Voidstar when the timer expires and the score is 0-0, a "SUDDEN DEATH" message should be announced. Then from that point onwards there will be no more re-spawning.
As I was reading through this thread, this exact thing came to mind. Have some sort of tie breaker or "overtime". I'm not sure how it would work in voidstar. I would imagine something like an NFL style overtime where each team gets a shot at one more door each. The issue with this though would be that the teams could remain tied through multiple overtimes. I would have no problems with this as it would make the match much more intense, but it could be a problem for others (for whatever reasons).
Xterra - Sniper <Nothing-Personal>

Winkywinky's Avatar


Winkywinky
07.09.2012 , 09:13 AM | #23
just add the teams damage done, healing done, and warzone objectives and boom you now have a winner...

the 0-0 draw where no one loses or wins is a easy way to exploit with win trading ....

LarryRow's Avatar


LarryRow
07.09.2012 , 09:16 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by MadBernieSkills View Post
One way to make less draws is to see which team was closest to capping a door. So if one team was 7 seconds into capping before they were interrupted, and the other team only made it 6 seconds. The 7 second team wins. It could even be taken down to milliseconds. Draws would be very rare in that case.

Sometimes, the easiest solution is the best.
I disagree. Once teams realize they aren't getting a door it will turn into a spam cap and aoe mess.

For my money, I think the lower rank team should get the win and the higher rank team should get the loss.

fungihoujo's Avatar


fungihoujo
07.09.2012 , 09:19 AM | #25
Why not just give a draw? Give commendations, valour, etc... that is in the middle between winning and losing for amounts.

As for the actual rating gain/loss- I'd be in favour of both teams gain +0 rating, since it was a draw. But, I could also see it being reasonable that the higher ranked team loses half as many points as they would from a loss, while the lower ranked team gains half as many points as they would from a win- to take into account that a tie with a better team is more impressive than a tie with a poorer team.

kitsinni's Avatar


kitsinni
07.09.2012 , 09:51 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Underpowered View Post
I'm using your own words here. As you just said, defending is directly responsible for ensuring that YOU get to the datacore (or whatever point you reach if you cant make it all the way to the datacore) faster than the other team. Defending plays an equally important role in ensuring that you win. Who cares if your offense is so good that you can reach the datacore in 3 minutes if your defense is so bad that you let the enemy reach it in 2 minutes? In the situation I just described your defense was so bad you lost. Which is my point. Defense is an equal objective AND goal as Offense in Voidstar. Teams should not both be penalized if they both played very good defense. Get it?
You can just reverse that situation and say you ran it in 2 minutes didin't defend at all and the other team took 2.5 minutes and you won without defending in anyway.

This is where you are completely wrong and are basically asking for a reward for complete and total failure. Planting is the ONLY THING that makes any difference towards winning. Defending has NOTHING to do with you getting to the datacore, it just stops the other team from achieving an objective.

Defense is only a factor in Voidstar if you achieve an objective. Once you have placed a bomb defending is extremely important as time factors in, if you don't plant the bomb it makes NO DIFFERENCE you failed each and every single objective to this.

Simply put if defending the place is an objective do you show that an objective was completed when you stop the other team from planting?

When it comes down to it if you want to compete as a ranked team get a team with a strategy and makeup that can at least plant a bomb or you deserve the loss to your record.
Okin

islander's Avatar


islander
07.09.2012 , 10:24 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Eszi View Post
It's just idiotic, especially in ranked - if you get a 0-0 draw, the winner is chosen randomly. Needs to be fixed.
It can be fixed. Just blow open one door. If you can't get a single door open, you don't deserve to win.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Varicite's Avatar


Varicite
07.09.2012 , 10:31 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by islander View Post
It can be fixed. Just blow open one door. If you can't get a single door open, you don't deserve to win.
Yeah, that's not the point of the thread at all.

If NOBODY can get a single door, then NOBODY deserves to win. That's the point.

And that's not what's currently happening; currently, a random team WINS even though they couldn't get a single door open, forcing the other team to "lose" even though it was in all senses a Draw.

Should just be a Draw, and both teams should gain 0 Rating, imo. But like someone else said, this does have the potential to be exploited by teams who are afraid to lose Rating against one another.
Quote: Originally Posted by JayPres View Post
Strap your digital dog to your digital roof and take your ideologies, lovely wife, and sweet little 8yr old girl to a PVE server where you fit best.

kitsinni's Avatar


kitsinni
07.09.2012 , 10:34 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Varicite View Post
Yeah, that's not the point of the thread at all.

If NOBODY can get a single door, then NOBODY deserves to win. That's the point.

And that's not what's currently happening; currently, a random team WINS even though they couldn't get a single door open, forcing the other team to "lose" even though it was in all senses a Draw.

Should just be a Draw, and both teams should gain 0 Rating, imo. But like someone else said, this does have the potential to be exploited by teams who are afraid to lose Rating against one another.
I agree neither team should win, but IMO both teams should get a loss. Most of the people you hear complaining about this think they deserve a win based on some other stat that has nothing to do with the game. I don't think we should reward failure with an even rating either. The point of mixed objective based PvP is to make a team with a makeup and strategy to be able to play them all. If you are not willing to change your team or strategy for voidstar the way you would in huttball then you deserve the loss.
Okin

Varicite's Avatar


Varicite
07.09.2012 , 10:43 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by kitsinni View Post
I agree neither team should win, but IMO both teams should get a loss. Most of the people you hear complaining about this think they deserve a win based on some other stat that has nothing to do with the game. I don't think we should reward failure with an even rating either. The point of mixed objective based PvP is to make a team with a makeup and strategy to be able to play them all. If you are not willing to change your team or strategy for voidstar the way you would in huttball then you deserve the loss.
I could agree w/ this, but we both know that will never fly in this community. : P

I mean, these are the same people who get free Recruit gear and then complain that BW didn't give them free Augment slots to go w/ it, after all.
Quote: Originally Posted by JayPres View Post
Strap your digital dog to your digital roof and take your ideologies, lovely wife, and sweet little 8yr old girl to a PVE server where you fit best.