Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please make force leap count towards resolve.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please make force leap count towards resolve.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TUXs
07.09.2012 , 01:33 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Philar View Post
You'll be happy to know that there are several MMORPGs that are not SWTOR. If the developers at BW have a vision that conflicts with yours you have the option to voice it. When voiced and dismissed, you have the subsequent option to leave and find a new MMORPG that matches your vision.

FREEDOM!!!
Wait...so for expressing MY frustration with the number of CC's, the best advice you have for me is to quit?!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Darth_Philar
07.09.2012 , 01:40 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Wait...so for expressing MY frustration with the number of CC's, the best advice you have for me is to quit?!
No, for expressing your frustration with the number of CCs and being told by BW that the developers don't care about your opinion, the best advice I have for you is to find a game that more closely matches your preferences. Don't think of it as quitting, it's more like transitioning into a new environment that supports your idealized form of electronic entertainment.
Server: The Fatman
Philar - Corruption Sorcerer - Level 50 | Satarel - Rage Marauder - Level 50
Geheime - Concealment Operative - Level 20 | Zahhak - Arsenal Mercenary - Level 17

SinnedWill
07.09.2012 , 01:48 PM | #73
I play a Commando and a Sent, but the frustration comes from myself, other commando's, Shadows, and Sages mostly...hell dude, I don't know even ONE player who thinks the number of CCs are fine. Maybe they do, but I've never once heard anyone express joy over how many flipping CCs this game has, but I have heard just the opposite, EVERY night it seems. Even the freaking PvE trash mobs CC nowadays. Bioware likes their CC far too much.
Commando can dispel the majority of roots - only roots they can't remove are sorc/sage (lightning/telekin) knockback + root and madness/balance sorc/sage's 31-pt 2s root ability.

Sentinels can evade all physical attack-based roots (leg shot/charge/saber throw) with saber ward though they're still rootable via sorc/sage knockback root and madness/balance sorc/sage's 31-pt ability's root, if combat specced, they can remove all roots via force camo (hell, even if you're not combat, a force camo will at least last for the duration of the root).

Shadows - dispel them all with shroud (regardless of spec), and force speed (if tank-specced).

Sorc/Sage (dps specs) can dispel two roots (both from other sorc/sages) and if they're heal-specced, they can dispel them all (IIRC).
Mains: TheSinner - Madness Sorc; Scornful - Carnage Marauder
Minis: Scorned - Deception Assassin; Sinbane - Pyro Powertech; Sinborn - Marksman Sniper
Guild: Physics
Server: The Shadowlands by way of Dreshdae Cantina.

Sock_Bramson
07.09.2012 , 01:50 PM | #74
We can't dispel tech-roots, unfortunately.

-Hedley Melange <Physics>, Dreshdae-->The Shadowlands-

TUXs
07.09.2012 , 02:08 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Philar View Post
No, for expressing your frustration with the number of CCs and being told by BW that the developers don't care about your opinion, the best advice I have for you is to find a game that more closely matches your preferences. Don't think of it as quitting, it's more like transitioning into a new environment that supports your idealized form of electronic entertainment.
I'll express my frustration as I wish. I'm well within the TOS of these forums when stating that I feel there are far too many CCs. I'm not so sure you are when you tell me to quit though.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Darth_Philar
07.09.2012 , 02:21 PM | #76
I'll express my frustration as I wish. I'm well within the TOS of these forums when stating that I feel there are far too many CCs. I'm not so sure you are when you tell me to quit though.
I'm not telling you anything. I'm just pointing out the obvious. You posted your opinion, they told you they didn't care. Your options are now:

1. Continue to pay and play a game that only makes you madder and madder the more you pay leading to a reduction in your quality of life and a lack of enjoyment from money spent. Further, continue to vent your frustration on the forums until such time that you do violate the TOS resulting in a bad, further agitating you.

2. Find a game that is either willing to listen to your opinion or already accommodates it.

I suppose there is a 3rd option:
3. Accept that BW's design is correct, you are wrong, and adjust your opinion accordingly which results in enjoyment of the game as is. Though to be fair, from your previous forays into this particular topic I highly doubt you are interested in any serious reconsideration of your position, which is fine, but it renders option 3 somewhat moot.
Server: The Fatman
Philar - Corruption Sorcerer - Level 50 | Satarel - Rage Marauder - Level 50
Geheime - Concealment Operative - Level 20 | Zahhak - Arsenal Mercenary - Level 17

PloGreen
07.09.2012 , 02:29 PM | #77
Bull! I wasn't speaking for you. I was speaking for the players I DO know who have quit and/or expressed frustration over the crap ton of CCs in this freaking game. I didn't ask you to agree or not and my statement isn't up for debate or discussion. It's what "I" have observed and been witness to, not 'feelings'. If you've experienced something different, by all means post away.
I have never heard of anyone quitting for this reason, and unkind of agree with bioware - resolve and stuns aren't an issue - there is dps and control, some classes rely on control more than burst. There aren't even that many stuns and resolve does its job tbh.

MasterFeign
07.09.2012 , 02:40 PM | #78
My main is a tankassin (in tank gear), and I really love huttball. With the advent of 1.3, not only was I nerfed, but as the OP mentioned the lag due to snares/roots makes for a bit of a pushback, which has made carrying the ball, no longer any fun...

I do agree to some extent that SW/JK roots shouldn't apply when I am in the midst of using force shroud or force speed, but alas, I got used to it for the longest time.

What I do wish however, is that when a JK/SW jumps to you, that jumping to an opponent reduces their own resolve. Too many times their resolve is full, and they jump to an enemy and I can't pull them. I mean their jump is on a 15 second cool down. Sure they are meant to be a melee class, but then I'd also wish my force pull or force speed were on a 15 second cooldown too...

But mostly due to the lag issue (as well as to some extent the nerf) I have been alting.

Order-Sixty-Six
07.09.2012 , 02:55 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterFeign View Post
My main is a tankassin (in tank gear), and I really love huttball. With the advent of 1.3, not only was I nerfed, but as the OP mentioned the lag due to snares/roots makes for a bit of a pushback, which has made carrying the ball, no longer any fun...

I do agree to some extent that SW/JK roots shouldn't apply when I am in the midst of using force shroud or force speed, but alas, I got used to it for the longest time.

What I do wish however, is that when a JK/SW jumps to you, that jumping to an opponent reduces their own resolve. Too many times their resolve is full, and they jump to an enemy and I can't pull them. I mean their jump is on a 15 second cool down. Sure they are meant to be a melee class, but then I'd also wish my force pull or force speed were on a 15 second cooldown too...

But mostly due to the lag issue (as well as to some extent the nerf) I have been alting.
Nice to see another Shadow/Assassin Carrier feels my pain.

I've said repeatedly I don't want BW to make all roots count towards resolve, just ones that apply a 100% snare. As a Tank Shadow I get no such ability in my tree that grants me the luxury to 100% snare through full resolve, nor would I want one because it's unfair. If someone goes through the headache of achieving a full resolve bar - give them that 10 seconds for crying out loud. I can't tell you how many times I've died just to watch my full resolve bar fade in the respawn, it's really a pain in the *** to survive to that point sometimes.

It's a useless system if someone can circumvent full resolve with their cc's.

I would appreciate if the developers take what I'm saying into consideration as I am a paying customer. I don't see myself quitting over this, but it certainly makes me lose interest in this game.

criminalheretic
07.09.2012 , 03:13 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Order-Sixty-Six View Post
How is it fair that JK/SW get to 100% prevent all movement through full resolve, but not any other class?

If gaurdians are wrecked by playing by the same rules as everyone else, then that's a different problem with their tree. I'm pretty confident in saying that a gaurded gaurdian/jug with 25k hp and BiS gear is immortal, so I think you may be exaggerating.
I've been knocked back, and rooted, with a full resolve bar. It's not just Sents/Juggs
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger