Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please make force leap count towards resolve.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please make force leap count towards resolve.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

KiranK
07.09.2012 , 09:06 AM | #51
Bioware has already stated that roots will never affect resolve. /thread. If they DID affect resolve, melees would be tremendously overjoyed. You'd be hurting yourself more than them.
There's no QQing in baseball.

CTHONICON
07.09.2012 , 09:13 AM | #52
To the OP: sure, I'll agree to your request, but only AFTER you give my JKG the ability to root AT RANGE, in addition to my Force Leap root. Otherwise, no.

Also, I'm being perma-stunned and killed all the while having a full Resolve bar...and you're complaining a JK root?? Wow.

-Shaka
Watch my less than stellar pvp video here.
Server: Corellian Run (Republic of course, you scum!)
Guild: SEE YOU IN HELL

anwg
07.09.2012 , 09:14 AM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
Leg Shot?
Leg shot root is physical, all 3 specced healers can remove it

Oh and I forgot, carnage marauder roots aren't dispellable either.

Skroting
07.09.2012 , 10:12 AM | #54
Quote:
Taitsuo: Would you guys consider adding root effects to the Resolve bar? At the moment, 3 well-coordinated Gunslingers could permaroot someone (5secs duration, 15 secs cooldown). With ranked warzones, that could mean a lotů

Austin: Resolve is meant to put a lid on effects that take control away from you, the player. It's meant to limit the effectiveness of chain stuns, sleeps, and knockbacks. However, it is not meant to impact the ranged and melee (kiting and anti-kiting) balance of the game. This was a very deliberate measure taken to separate these two different aspects of control. I won't say that we won't limit the "chainability" of roots in the future, but given the amount of skills and abilities that break and cleanse roots and snares at the moment, it's not something we're very concerned about. Of course, we will be keeping an eye on how ranked warzone teams use the tools they have.
Not sure if i like this, or if they may actually ruin knights/warriors in the process of remoddeling it, however this doesn't seem like anything they will be looking into right away.

Helig
07.09.2012 , 12:02 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by anwg View Post
Leg shot root is physical, all 3 specced healers can remove it

Oh and I forgot, carnage marauder roots aren't dispellable either.
Weird. Could have sworn that my Sawbones couldn't cleanse leg shot.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

AllisonBerryman
07.09.2012 , 12:10 PM | #56 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by KiranK View Post
Bioware has already stated that roots will never affect resolve. /thread. If they DID affect resolve, melees would be tremendously overjoyed. You'd be hurting yourself more than them.
The most recent comment regarding roots and their relationship with resolve was in our most recent Q&A. Here's the text, just so everyone has the most recent from us about this topic. As always, your feedback is very helpful, so keep it coming!

Quote:
Taitsuo: Would you guys consider adding root effects to the Resolve bar? At the moment, 3 well-coordinated Gunslingers could permaroot someone (5secs duration, 15 secs cooldown). With ranked warzones, that could mean a lotů

Austin Peckenpagh (Senior Designer): Resolve is meant to put a lid on effects that take control away from you, the player. It's meant to limit the effectiveness of chain stuns, sleeps, and knockbacks. However, it is not meant to impact the ranged and melee (kiting and anti-kiting) balance of the game. This was a very deliberate measure taken to separate these two different aspects of control. I won't say that we won't limit the "chainability" of roots in the future, but given the amount of skills and abilities that break and cleanse roots and snares at the moment, it's not something we're very concerned about. Of course, we will be keeping an eye on how ranked warzone teams use the tools they have.

Skroting
07.09.2012 , 12:26 PM | #57
Way to pay attention there, just posted the same thing two posts ahead : p

Xerain
07.09.2012 , 12:27 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Skroting View Post
i wish there was a like button just for this post.

Dissentus
07.09.2012 , 12:29 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Skroting View Post
Yes, but it looks better in yellow!
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Darth_Sookie
07.09.2012 , 12:35 PM | #60
Use deflection along with force speed for those crucial moments. Problem SOLVED.

Christ do i need to teach you everything?