Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please make force leap count towards resolve.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please make force leap count towards resolve.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Order-Sixty-Six
07.09.2012 , 01:33 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Sharee View Post
The default leap root duration is 2 seconds. It can be extended by 1 second by a 2-point talent to a max of 3 seconds. Also, the root starts when leap is activated, not when the leap ends, which means that unless it is used at point blank range, up to 1.5 secs of that root are 'wasted' by the attacker flying through air(you only are both rooted and being attacked for 1.5 secs)
fixed, sorry.

Quor
07.09.2012 , 03:21 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Order-Sixty-Six View Post
"ruin the ability" oh god I'm laughing.

Tell me how a shadow tank immobilizes 100% through resolve.

Server force is like 1 second and only available if you get to the very top of the balance tree which has 0% survivability. Thats no where close to the same move doing the same 4 second root no matter what spec they are. In fact you don't even need to have a single skill tree point in order to do so on a sw/jk.
You answered your own question.

Also, for the record, it's a two second root (which is what leap is untalented) and your root will ALWAYS work on another target unless that target is a Shadow or 'Sin who is using the Force/Tech immunity skill. However, Leap/Charge are counted as melee attacks, meaning they can be parried/dodged. You want to know how you, as a Shadow, can deal with that? Pop Deflection. If you parry the charge, the root doesn't land. Done and done.

As for the perks that Shadows/'Sins have over Warriors/Knights:

30m stun
30m 8s CC that can be talented for an instant cast
10m ranged slow that can be talented for double duration and half cooldown
AoE knockback
Force/Tech immunity for 5-7 seconds (depending on spec) out of every 45
Talented pull in the tank tree
Ability to use TK Throw/FL at 30m every 1.5 minutes with Recklessness/Force Potency
Possesses a lot of damage that is unavoidable (Shock/Project, TKT/FL, Breach/Discharge, Wither/Slow Time, deep Madness/Balance builds) compared to Knights/Warriors which have, at most, three damage skills that are unavoidable (Scream/Storm, Sweep/Smash, Crush/Exhaustion) two of which are crap/unuseable without talents
And of course....stealth. The ability to get into combat undetected while also ensuring an alpha strike if you're careful and skilled.
Will interrogate for food.

Carbonated
07.09.2012 , 03:31 AM | #43
Look maras/sents, I don't think you're OP. I think you're balanced and I don't want bioware to nerf you. I just want bioware to be fair here and make your snare/root count towards resolve like all my stuns, mezzes, knockbacks, knockdowns.

Edit: some of my numbers were off, my apologies.
If you didnt think Mara/Sent were OP, you wouldnt be mentioning them as this isnt an AC ability its the class ability, JK and SW have it, Not Mara and Sent.
I used to be Part of the community But the aussie dollar is strong with this one.

Tatebomb
07.09.2012 , 04:20 AM | #44
The amount of fail in this thread is shocking and I'm dumber for reading it. Gotta love the 31/31/31 build use of leap there OP. Now as far as roots being affected by resolve trust me when I say there isn't a SW/JK alive who doesn't wish that was the case. I spend half my time in WZs rooted with full resolve. And to the people saying leap in general is OP because it closes the gap to ranged guys... Seriously stop. you're embarrassing yourselves.
Jedi Covenant:

Gothrik: 50 vanguard; Koracks: 50 sent ; Xeen 44 jugg; Gothric: 50 merc

PloGreen
07.09.2012 , 04:55 AM | #45
Bad idea, I don't want any band aids for range like that. I would rather they look at my class and tweak than a broad change like resolve on leap.. It's as silly as adding resolve to roots

anwg
07.09.2012 , 07:25 AM | #46
Charge is a melee attack, so one of your cooldowns give you a 50% defense against it.

But I get what OP is saying, the charge from warriors/knights cannot be dispelled by a healer, unlike other immobilization effects.

Helig
07.09.2012 , 07:57 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by anwg View Post
Charge is a melee attack, so one of your cooldowns give you a 50% defense against it.

But I get what OP is saying, the charge from warriors/knights cannot be dispelled by a healer, unlike other immobilization effects.
Leg Shot?
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

Exsidium
07.09.2012 , 08:37 AM | #48
So I'm like totally getting across this pit with Full Resolve, Full HP, and 150% speed for the 2 seconds I need to get to the other side. Right?

So let's do this. I activate force speed, I'm going, I'm going, BAM. Force Leap. Wait, my resolve is full... why can't I move? My force speed is interruptable? My root cleansing ability of force speed didn't work? What happened? The story ends with me being toasted.
Resolve only counts for knockbacks and stuns... Things that prevent full control of your character for a length of time. Root only stops movement. Solution? You know you have full resolve; instead of overthinking it and trying to figure out why you can't move, pass the ball. Pass it back to one of the people supporting you. If you push pass and it brings up the symbol, you aren't stunned.
Many classes can immobilize you. Yes, the ability to do it from far off is very strong, but not gamebreaking. As an operative, there's plenty of times when I get ahead (by suicide if necessary), stealth in front of the fire, walk right up to them and root them. Its all part of the game.

ComeAndSee
07.09.2012 , 08:40 AM | #49
Roots are perfectly balanced in a 1v1 sense. It just gets stupid when you're bombarded with them non-stop. They should generate resolve, but very little.
| Shayera Zhukov | Marshal of The Republic Army | Shield Vanguard | Jedi Covenant |

"It's not cheating unless you get caught."

fungihoujo
07.09.2012 , 08:53 AM | #50
Don't make the force leap root count for resolve, that's clearly not fair to sentinels/juggs.

Make all roots count towards resolve. Considering melee are constantly saying that roots are like stuns to them but don't really effect ranged that much- melee would be overjoyed at that change.

Frankly, all CC should count towards resolve- including roots, snares and interrupts- and while you have a white bar, you should straight out just be immune to all CC for a few seconds- none of this watching your bar go from full to nothing while rooted in place unable to do a thing.