Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please make force leap count towards resolve.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please make force leap count towards resolve.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Order-Sixty-Six
07.09.2012 , 12:02 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Helig View Post
I feel that a root-break on Speed would be just fine. That and, perhaps, a slight scaling increase.

If you want easymode for ranged, just say it. I feel plenty comfortable on a Sage, at least when I'm not getting charged by 3 Marauders simultaneously. I feel plenty comfortable on my Sniper, unless several stealthers decide to make my life living hell.

No, I can't catch them "whenever I want". Not cover classes. Not ranged with half a brain who know what Unremitting is and who don't use all of their defenses at once in a state of panic (plenty of Sorcs waste knockback, sprint and even stun at once if they get charged).
http://www.torhead.com/ability/f4LDg0l/mind-over-matter

Mind over matter does that, but you can be rerooted .0000001ms after activating it.

Helig
07.09.2012 , 12:05 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Daiyukie View Post
And a Scoundrel is a cover class? News to me =]
Surprise, ducking is an awesome skill. No charging, no pulling. More or less useful, depending on the spec. Divine for healers, great for Dirty Fighters, still useful for Scrappers (esp when you're still in combat, running on a ramp out of stealth, and there's a warrior below turning in your general direction).
Quote: Originally Posted by Order-Sixty-Six View Post
http://www.torhead.com/ability/f4LDg0l/mind-over-matter

Mind over matter does that, but you can be rerooted .0000001ms after activating it.
Shadow skill. I thought we were speaking about Sages\Sorcs?

Regardless, that would mean the enemy needs to spend two roots, or a root and another CC, and you have other defenses.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

lpsmash
07.09.2012 , 12:15 AM | #33
I think the solution is simple : buff mercenaries.

coldserpent
07.09.2012 , 12:19 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Daiyukie View Post
o.O No, it doesn't magically give melee 100% uptime, it extends their effective range to 30m. You can't seriously tell me that the low-cooldown leaps don't allow you to catch people whenever you want? I mean, if you leap in, don't have CC immunity, don't snare your target and get knocked back 30m somehow, sure I could agree. That's not the reality, however.

As for cover, uhh... Why don't you just sit behind that wall, that way that Sniper won't do anything to you, problem solved! Except not really, because you can't do anything from behind that wall. I can't do anything from cover either, Scoundrel = melee and I pop Sabo Charge from cover. What else do you want me to use against a Guardian, basic attack? Quick Shot? Grenade? That's about all I can think of, honestly, which is admittedly slightly better than you staring at a wall to avoid Sniper fire, but you can just walk up to me crouching in place whereas that Sniper isn't walking around that corner to meet you.
Go to a post I made on this thread earlier, and you'll see that only Vengeance Juggernauts/Vigilance Guardians can spec into CC immunity with their Force Charge/Force Leap. Rage Juggernauts, nor Immortal Juggernauts won't pick up Unstoppable unless they go hybrid.
Scoundrel = mid-ranged, just like the Operative. A lot of your stuff can be lobbed between 10m-30m away. Scoundrel versions of Overload Shot, Corrosive Dart, Sever Tendon, Flashbang, along w/ other tools. There's more than just Shiv/Backstab/Hidden Strike/Lacerate/Debilitate/Acid Blade for abilities(or the Scoundrel's version). If a Guardian/Juggernaut leaps to you, you can always do something like pop your Evasion or Shield Probe, then drop Orbital Strike on yourself.

Force Charge/Leap is a 15 second cooldown, unless you're an Annihilation/Watchman spec. The only other leap would be Obliterate, found in the Rage/Focus tree, also a 15 second cooldown, but with 10m range. And if you're going into a panic and blowing your crowd control WITHIN the first four seconds of suffering a leap from a Juggernaut/Jedi Knight, that's on you. You won't drop in 4 seconds unless you get mob justice put to you.

Juggernauts have four moves at 30m range. Force Charge, Intercede, Taunt, and Saber Throw,.
Marauders have Force Charge, unless you feel like counting Disable Droid.

lpsmash
07.09.2012 , 12:30 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by coldserpent View Post
Go to a post I made on this thread earlier, and you'll see that only Vengeance Juggernauts/Vigilance Guardians can spec into CC immunity with their Force Charge/Force Leap. Rage Juggernauts, nor Immortal Juggernauts won't pick up Unstoppable unless they go hybrid.
Scoundrel = mid-ranged, just like the Operative. A lot of your stuff can be lobbed between 10m-30m away. Scoundrel versions of Overload Shot, Corrosive Dart, Sever Tendon, Flashbang, along w/ other tools. There's more than just Shiv/Backstab/Hidden Strike/Lacerate/Debilitate/Acid Blade for abilities(or the Scoundrel's version). If a Guardian/Juggernaut leaps to you, you can always do something like pop your Evasion or Shield Probe, then drop Orbital Strike on yourself.

Force Charge/Leap is a 15 second cooldown, unless you're an Annihilation/Watchman spec. The only other leap would be Obliterate, found in the Rage/Focus tree, also a 15 second cooldown, but with 10m range. And if you're going into a panic and blowing your crowd control WITHIN the first four seconds of suffering a leap from a Juggernaut/Jedi Knight, that's on you. You won't drop in 4 seconds unless you get mob justice put to you.

Juggernauts have two moves at 30m range. Force Charge, and Saber Throw.
Marauders have Force Charge, unless you feel like counting Disable Droid.
Well I agree that sentinel's abilities are misunderstood. People sometimes think that sentinels are mythic 31/31/31/31/31 (that's 31 for every spec, including the jedi guardian), have permanent stealth. They can also "stun lock" you with force stasis!

Sentinels have a few more attacks at range. Dispatch has 20 or 25 meters range with the 4 set (I don't remember exactly what the range is, but I know it's pretty far), and it hits like a truck.
Blade Storm has a 10 meter range.
Crippling throw has a 10 meter range and if spec'd deep into combat roots the target. It doesn't do a lot of damage, but it reduces healing and is still better than doing nothing in a root. With the same talent, Pacify has also a 10 m range, even though it's not an attack.

But overall, if people are going to complain about force leap, of all things, they really ran out of idea. It's far from overpowered and is only annoying when 2-3 JK charge you in a row. But then again, getting 3 people on you spamming grav round, cull or force lightning is even more annoying. Leg shot is way better as a root mechanism, but I don't want to change this thread into a "nerf sniper" thread, because snipers are just fine.

Sharee
07.09.2012 , 12:41 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Order-Sixty-Six View Post

And my favorite
-Immobilizes the target for up to 5 seconds through full resolve with a potential 13 second cooldown.
The default leap root duration is 2 seconds. It can be extended by 1 second by a 2-point talent to a max of 3 seconds. Also, the root starts when leap is activated, not when the leap ends, which means that unless it is used at point blank range, up to 1.5 secs of that root are 'wasted' by the attacker flying through air(you only are both rooted and being attacked for 1.5 secs)

coldserpent
07.09.2012 , 12:44 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by lpsmash View Post
Well I agree that sentinel's abilities are misunderstood. People sometimes think that sentinels are mythic 31/31/31/31/31 (that's 31 for every spec, including the jedi guardian).

Sentinels have a few more attacks at range. Dispatch has 20 or 25 meters range with the 4 set (I don't remember exactly what the range is, but I know it's pretty far), and it hits like a truck.
Blade Storm has a 10 meter range.
Crippling throw has a 10 meter range and if spec'd deep into combat roots the target. It doesn't do a lot of damage, but it reduces healing and is still better ******* in a root. With the same talent, Pacify has also a 10 m range, even though it's not an attack.

But overall, if people are going to complain about force leap, of all things, they really ran out of idea. It's far from overpowered and is only annoying when 2-3 JK charge you in a row. But then again, getting 3 people on you spamming grav round, cull or force lightning is even more annoying. Leg shot is way better as a root mechanism, but I don't want to change this thread into a "nerf sniper" thread, because snipers are just fine.
Vicious Throw/Dispatch for Sith Warrior/Jedi Knight is at 10m, unless you get the medium armor pvp four set bonus to increase it 5 additional meters(at one point, my Juggernaut used the Centurion Weaponmaster's set for that reason).

The best way to kill a monster, is to become one. Create a character of the class that vexes you, and learn it, so that you educate yourself better, and can evolve as a player.

Unless someone starts complaining/singling out a class specifically before they learn/research what the moves do, I won't drop a caustic jab their way. OP is grumbling because he ended up like Mark Sanchez vs the Oakland Raiders this past year when he tried running it in for a touchdown: A hotdog length short of the goal. Trust me, I had it happen when the ONE time my Marauder was in position to dolphin leap into the endzone with the ball, but I laughed it off(it really was funny, because I'm betting that the other team's players had buttcheeks munching their computer chairs trying to stop me).

Chimerako
07.09.2012 , 12:46 AM | #38
Resolve is gimped anyway. The lag effects more than just force leap. I've died from melee attacks and never even saw the person show up who killed me. I think this is a deeper issue than just force leap. Besides I thought roots don't effect resolve anyway.

Ssfbistimg
07.09.2012 , 12:48 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Aetou View Post
I'm pretty sure every melee class would be happy if they changed it so that roots were effected by, and granted, resolve. Ranged classes, on the other hand, will object strongly. Trust me when I say Jedi Knights suffer from roots being distinct from the resolve system far more than they benefit.

(Also, for the record, using Force Leap to root somebody in the fire takes huge balls and skill (assuming you pull it off without dying yourself. It's one of the more awesome things you can do in Huttball.)
why would i object. i hate being chained rooted. And I'm a sage dps. Roots are way more annoying then being stunned.

coldserpent
07.09.2012 , 01:18 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Aetou View Post
I'm pretty sure every melee class would be happy if they changed it so that roots were effected by, and granted, resolve. Ranged classes, on the other hand, will object strongly. Trust me when I say Jedi Knights suffer from roots being distinct from the resolve system far more than they benefit.

(Also, for the record, using Force Leap to root somebody in the fire takes huge balls and skill (assuming you pull it off without dying yourself. It's one of the more awesome things you can do in Huttball.)
It's awesome to do even if I do die from the fire pit. To make things super interesting, and allow me to pvp(I have an old computer, and the framerate falls into the dirt from all the graphic effects), I had to remove the main art fx file from my Assets folder, which disables all the glowy effects. Sure, I feel some dread when I see Huttball pop up, but the moment I see someone cross the firepit area, guess where I'm going. I'm gonna bag me a piggyback ride through the barbecue grill. Whether I get burnt to a crisp or not, it's all luck. But if I use that to burn down the running back, I'll eat the death.