Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please make force leap count towards resolve.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please make force leap count towards resolve.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Order-Sixty-Six
07.08.2012 , 05:31 PM | #1
Okay I'm not one of those guys that yells marauder/sents are OP, but can we please talk about force leap here.

Force Leap does the following...
-Jump to a target (okay with this)
-Hit 1300+ damage (okay with this too)
-Build Focus (fine as well)
-Interrupt (well I guess that's fine too)
-100% chance to hit a critical with force sweep (everyone should have a proc ability like this so that's acceptable)
-Can be spec'd to have no minimum range (well that's a little much seeing as my force pull can't do that, but okay)

And my favorite
-Immobilizes the target for up to 3 seconds through full resolve with a potential 13 second cooldown.

Okay so I'm a tank in huttball. I get the ball. Their team is dumb and fills my resolve to full before a fire pit, my force speed is up and the fire pit just went down. So I'm like totally getting across this pit with Full Resolve, Full HP, and 150% speed for the 2 seconds I need to get to the other side. Right?

So let's do this. I activate force speed, I'm going, I'm going, BAM. Force Leap. Wait, my resolve is full... why can't I move? My force speed is interruptable? My root cleansing ability of force speed didn't work? What happened? The story ends with me being toasted.

Not only this, but given the server lag since 1.3... FORCE LEAP IS BASICALLY A PULL NOW. Twice have I made it across the fire pit only to be pulled back in within seconds because their force leap lagged when I was over the firepit (or they could have prequed this .5 seconds ago while I was still crossing and have it root me there.

Please take into consideration the number of marauders/sents on any given team, and that this can be chained by multiple maras/sents.

Look maras/sents, I don't think you're OP. I think you're balanced and I don't want bioware to nerf you. I just want bioware to be fair here and make your snare/root count towards resolve like all my stuns, mezzes, knockbacks, knockdowns, and pulls do. I'm perfectly fine with you leaping to me while I have the ball, I'm perfectly fine with you hitting me, interrupting me, getting knocked off and jumping back again, but please, please don't freeze me in place for 2-3 seconds when I have full resolve.

Edit: some of my numbers were off, my apologies.

Aetou
07.08.2012 , 06:19 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Order-Sixty-Six View Post
Look maras/sents, I don't think you're OP. I think you're balanced and I don't want bioware to nerf you. I just want bioware to be fair here and make your snare/root count towards resolve like all my stuns, mezzes, knockbacks, knockdowns, and pulls do. I'm perfectly fine with you leaping to me while I have the ball, I'm perfectly fine with you hitting me, interrupting me, getting knocked off and jumping back again, but please, please don't freeze me in place for 4-5 seconds when I have full resolve.
I'm pretty sure every melee class would be happy if they changed it so that roots were effected by, and granted, resolve. Ranged classes, on the other hand, will object strongly. Trust me when I say Jedi Knights suffer from roots being distinct from the resolve system far more than they benefit.

(Also, for the record, using Force Leap to root somebody in the fire takes huge balls and skill (assuming you pull it off without dying yourself. It's one of the more awesome things you can do in Huttball.)

Order-Sixty-Six
07.08.2012 , 07:01 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Aetou View Post
I'm pretty sure every melee class would be happy if they changed it so that roots were effected by, and granted, resolve. Ranged classes, on the other hand, will object strongly. Trust me when I say Jedi Knights suffer from roots being distinct from the resolve system far more than they benefit.

(Also, for the record, using Force Leap to root somebody in the fire takes huge balls and skill (assuming you pull it off without dying yourself. It's one of the more awesome things you can do in Huttball.)
Nah they just kamikaze me lol.

I'm a shadow so I'm mainly 10m range so I can't really speak for the ranged guys... but I'm sure those vangaurds that I always see running the ball won't object.

Also, I don't think it's necessary to make everything that slows affect resolve, just anything that 100% prevents movement.

Skroting
07.08.2012 , 07:07 PM | #4
First of all, those points combined only applies for one build, for one ac. These changes would cause havoc for a guardian. Vigilance will never be played again in a pvp setting.

And i don't think sents or maras will ever have a spec that involves both no min range, while being sweep-based? For it to be functional as a smasher/focus spec, you will need the full 31 points, and with that you will not reach the 0 min range for leap. Just saying.

Nevertheless, your overall idea would wreck guardians, and should never have been brought up, on the off-chance that someone actually takes it serious.

Order-Sixty-Six
07.08.2012 , 07:22 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Skroting View Post
First of all, those points combined only applies for one build, for one ac. These changes would cause havoc for a guardian. Vigilance will never be played again in a pvp setting.

And i don't think sents or maras will ever have a spec that involves both no min range, while being sweep-based? For it to be functional as a smasher/focus spec, you will need the full 31 points, and with that you will not reach the 0 min range for leap. Just saying.

Nevertheless, your overall idea would wreck guardians, and should never have been brought up, on the off-chance that someone actually takes it serious.
How is it fair that JK/SW get to 100% prevent all movement through full resolve, but not any other class?

If gaurdians are wrecked by playing by the same rules as everyone else, then that's a different problem with their tree. I'm pretty confident in saying that a gaurded gaurdian/jug with 25k hp and BiS gear is immortal, so I think you may be exaggerating.

Xerain
07.08.2012 , 07:32 PM | #6
Okay I'm not one of those guys that yells marauder/sents are OP, but can we please talk about force leap here.

Force Leap does the following...
-Jump to a target (okay with this)
-Hit 1300+ damage (okay with this too)
-Build Focus (fine as well)
-Interrupt (well I guess that's fine too)
-100% chance to hit a critical with force sweep (everyone should have a proc ability like this so that's acceptable)
-Can be spec'd to have no minimum range (well that's a little much seeing as my force pull can't do that, but okay)

And my favorite
-Immobilizes the target for up to 5 seconds through full resolve with a potential 13 second cooldown.

Okay so I'm a tank in huttball. I get the ball. Their team is dumb and fills my resolve to full before a fire pit, my force speed is up and the fire pit just went down. So I'm like totally getting across this pit with Full Resolve, Full HP, and 150% speed for the 2 seconds I need to get to the other side. Right?

So let's do this. I activate force speed, I'm going, I'm going, BAM. Force Leap. Wait, my resolve is full... why can't I move? My force speed is interruptable? My root cleansing ability of force speed didn't work? What happened? The story ends with me being toasted.

Not only this, but given the server lag since 1.3... FORCE LEAP IS BASICALLY A PULL NOW. Twice have I made it across the fire pit only to be pulled back in within seconds because their force leap lagged when I was over the firepit (or they could have prequed this .5 seconds ago while I was still crossing and have it root me there.

Please take into consideration the number of marauders/sents on any given team, and that this can be chained by multiple maras/sents.

Look maras/sents, I don't think you're OP. I think you're balanced and I don't want bioware to nerf you. I just want bioware to be fair here and make your snare/root count towards resolve like all my stuns, mezzes, knockbacks, knockdowns, and pulls do. I'm perfectly fine with you leaping to me while I have the ball, I'm perfectly fine with you hitting me, interrupting me, getting knocked off and jumping back again, but please, please don't freeze me in place for 4-5 seconds when I have full resolve.
The last 3 things on your list there made me lol.

3 seconds is the max root duration for leap.

Sure it can be specced to have a 0 range on it but you can't spec it to do both the crit and the 0 range and be effective in those trees.

DarthBandeth
07.08.2012 , 07:37 PM | #7
No. Bad idea. Was grateful when they took this out. All of the classes get their little perks, this is ours.
"No amount of action or explosions is as interesting as a good story." ~ Christian bale

Stole this CE key off of a dead fan.

currann
07.08.2012 , 08:05 PM | #8
How is it fair that JK/SW get to 100% prevent all movement through full resolve, but not any other class?

If gaurdians are wrecked by playing by the same rules as everyone else, then that's a different problem with their tree. I'm pretty confident in saying that a gaurded gaurdian/jug with 25k hp and BiS gear is immortal, so I think you may be exaggerating.
All classes can root/snare through resolve not just maras

lpsmash
07.08.2012 , 08:09 PM | #9
The thing is, it would screw up leap too much. A gap closer such as this needs something against the lag, something like a slow, a root or a short stun, otherwise the target can keep moving and you're out of range, which would make the whole thing really annoying.

Maybe make it slow the target by 30% and give a 30% speed boost? Something like that, if roots are put on resolve.

Quote:
Wait what? you mean to tell me that Sever Force will not root the target if it has full resolve? That Tendon Blast talented will not root the target if it has full resolve?

MidichIorian
07.08.2012 , 08:09 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBandeth View Post
No. Bad idea. Was grateful when they took this out. All of the classes get their little perks, this is ours.
HOLD ON! List those perks for every class please.