Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

nerf scoundrel and operative heals...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
nerf scoundrel and operative heals...

Phlem
07.30.2012 , 08:52 AM | #11
Poor marauder/sentinal got killed!
Originally Posted by GoergZoeller
"If we leave the Operative the ability to stun lock and kill people ó yes, there arenít many Operatives ó but over the long term, that means people will quit the game cause itís not fun."

AruthaWolf
07.30.2012 , 09:05 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by RragnarR View Post
scoundrel and operative healers are rediculously op...

the fact that they can cast on the move, use bubble, and 3 seconds almost invuln + loads of cc's and spec for extra runspeed + multiple anti cc's and ofcourse stealth...

Outright broken...
Operative healer here and I'd like to say how much you over exaggerate the availability of the instant heal.
Operative have to have tactical advantages: (they last for 15 seconds and stack 3 times)
3 ways to get them:
1. Each time your hot ticks it has a 30% chance to grant a tactical advantage but with a 6 second cooldown.
Weakness: chance based means that even if you have it on 3 players there is no guarantee it will come up every cooldown and if it is only on yourself you probably won't get one for about 12 seconds, but is a steady stream of TAs.
2. The big heal, it grants a TA and is what makes opperatives seem to heal for 7.5k.
Weakness: as always very easily interruptable, and bonus is that after that the operative can't use surgical probe correctly, so interrupting this means you are interrupting most of the operatives healing abilities.
3. Shiv grants a TA, on a 6 second cooldown and 4 yard range. If pressured a operative should be using this.
Weakness: melee range, not a healing ability.

So a good operative will of course enter into every fight with hots up on friends and 3 TAs.
But lets say your interrupts are good, that means the operative is limited to keeping hots up, and 1 surgical probe every 6-8 seconds on average. Does that sound like too much healing?
Weaknesses:
temptation to hold back full healing power until that sweet <30% gap,
weak aoe heal which is very expensive and acts as an aura,
hot lasts 18 seconds, casting probe without going into energy problems means you cast one then wait one gcd, so keeping on 3 people is just barely possible, and leaves no space for reactive single target heals.
Take advantage of any of them, I know that whenever people do I start hating them and feel super weak.

Twickers
07.30.2012 , 10:03 AM | #13
So essentially this thread comes down "OP learn to play and quit crying because your bad"

/Thread

Leiralei
07.31.2012 , 03:21 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Haggardbr View Post
THIS! ^

I play a sniper and an operative and even saw some sorcerers that were lower level than my Op. that could heal better than him, even it being all custom geared with purple items and stuff and at level 27 half medicine tree.

It's just like I said above, the guy is having a hard time with them in PvP arenas and come here to complain about it crying for them to be nerfed...

Lame.
Right, because low level pvp is the way the game still works at 50. *eyeroll*

Operative healing gets decent at around level 40, Sorc healing gets amazing at level 44, but at level 50 Ops are tough to kill even under focus fire and Sorcs aren't quite as tough.

The disparity in healing classes isn't about healing, it's about mobility and utility, of which the Operative has way more than the other two healing types. But if anything the other two need to be brought up to that level.
:: लीर :: Commando :: Sage :: Scoundrel :: Guardian :: Powertech :: Assassin :: Operative :: Jugg :: Bioware Fangirl since NWN... RIP Bioware
Did they take out insurance on this game? I love it but its so weird.

Gassygunslinger
07.31.2012 , 03:01 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Leiralei View Post
The OP is talking about the 15s 25% absorb shield and the 3s 100% dodge chance shield. Learn your class.

Are you talking about the little defense screen buff? Or when he was referring to the "Bubble" did he mean the Scrambling Shield bubble? If he was in fact referring to Scrambling Shield, I find it hilarious that Scoundrels are OP because of an ability that only Gunslingers have....
Longtime SWG Vet: "Guillemette of Bria" Respect the Smuggler History
Elder Smuggler, Winner of the 5th Anniversary Rebel Painting Contest

Etten of Vrook Lamar.

Amien
08.05.2012 , 12:21 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Gassygunslinger View Post
Are you talking about the little defense screen buff? Or when he was referring to the "Bubble" did he mean the Scrambling Shield bubble? If he was in fact referring to Scrambling Shield, I find it hilarious that Scoundrels are OP because of an ability that only Gunslingers have....
A nsthe he means the ability "Shield Probe" Which absorbs moderate amount of damage.

To the OP

Learn our class! It's really insulting that you make such huge assumptions! Shield probe is on 45s (lethality has 30s) CD , it absorbs a little more than Sorc shields, but have an increased cooldown and we can't cast it on others! Our 3 sec immunity is only THREE SECONDS. Stun us and your set! Plus, it's only a dodge chance against white attacks... Hit us with 2 yellow damage abilities. There's your 3 seconds. lol
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
New Thread:http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=297

AruthaWolf
08.05.2012 , 04:02 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Amien View Post
A nsthe he means the ability "Shield Probe" Which absorbs moderate amount of damage.

To the OP

Learn our class! It's really insulting that you make such huge assumptions! Shield probe is on 45s (lethality has 30s) CD , it absorbs a little more than Sorc shields, but have an increased cooldown and we can't cast it on others! Our 3 sec immunity is only THREE SECONDS. Stun us and your set! Plus, it's only a dodge chance against white attacks... Hit us with 2 yellow damage abilities. There's your 3 seconds. lol
Finally I understand what the immunity he was talking about, I just assumed he was ******* crazy saying operatives have an immunity. Evasion is barely even on my keybinds only use it for vanish, as far as I am concerned its only effect is removes dots.......

Pandemoniac
08.05.2012 , 05:59 PM | #18
I'm a smuggler healer and our best ability, underworld medicine, can't be used unless we're standing still. We have much weaker casts that we can use while moving, but they should never be enough to keep you from killing folks.

mikebevo
08.06.2012 , 03:38 PM | #19
Go do the HM EV or NIM EV Infernal Council fight as a scoundrel and still tell me that scoundrel still need to be nerfed.

ProsaicProse
08.08.2012 , 08:06 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Leiralei View Post
The disparity in healing classes isn't about healing, it's about mobility and utility, of which the Operative has way more than the other two healing types. But if anything the other two need to be brought up to that level.
Err yea, give sage/sorc any more mobility and no one would ever play anything but one of these for healing, as what they lack in mobility, they gain in many other areas the other healers can't measure up in (or simply don't have an equivalent to.) There is also a difference in PvE/PvP healing to consider. Ops/scoundrels are well suited for PvP healing, while sage/sorc seems excellent for PvE.