Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

get rid of the sniper screen...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
get rid of the sniper screen...

Goldenstar
07.09.2012 , 05:36 AM | #51
Snipers are already massively squishy + have nearly all channeled abilities + are FORCED to root themselves and can't kite melee. And you want to make it EASIER to kill them? You must be hella bad.
Vent Rage [vR]

Expostar
07.09.2012 , 05:59 AM | #52
NERF ROCK!!!! Paper is fine.... Love Scissors
Jinxaz Sniper Jinxstra Operative

Alkiii
07.09.2012 , 07:52 AM | #53
I'm enjoying my Sniper much more than my almost fully WH geared DPS Sage. I feel like a glass cannon.
However, seeing a melee class complain about my cover screen, makes me even more happy to be playing my sniper.

Good melee wreck me once they get on me.
Bad melee get wrecked when they get on me.

Cover Screen has nothing to do with it.
“When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep ... not screaming like the passengers in his car.”

DarkDruidSS
07.09.2012 , 07:57 AM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Alkiii View Post
I'm enjoying my Sniper much more than my almost fully WH geared DPS Sage. I feel like a glass cannon.
However, seeing a melee class complain about my cover screen, makes me even more happy to be playing my sniper.

Good melee wreck me once they get on me.
Bad melee get wrecked when they get on me.

Cover Screen has nothing to do with it.
Cover screen has everything to do with it since most of your defense abilities are tied to it, but I disagree with the nerf claims.
Beatrush - 50 Assassin | Satellitebeam - 50 Sniper
Katastrophe - 41 Powertech | Ømnislash - 34 Marauder
Highwind - 29 Commando | ßraver - 23 Sentinel
Finalheaven - 21 Sage | Bigbrawl - 14 Scoundrel

Alkiii
07.09.2012 , 07:59 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkDruidSS View Post
Cover screen has everything to do with it since most of your defense abilities are tied to it, but I disagree with the nerf claims.
I think you missed the point. Maybe I wasn't clear.

If you're being killed by a Sniper as a melee class, it's not because of the inability to leap to the Sniper while in cover.
“When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep ... not screaming like the passengers in his car.”

Varicite
07.09.2012 , 08:07 AM | #56
lol, Marauder complaining about Snipers.

Seems all is still right in the world.
Quote: Originally Posted by JayPres View Post
Strap your digital dog to your digital roof and take your ideologies, lovely wife, and sweet little 8yr old girl to a PVE server where you fit best.

Frenchfrys
07.09.2012 , 08:08 AM | #57
ITT: FOTM player has discovered what every good PvP'er already knew... Snipers/Gunslingers absolutely murder Knights/Warriors.

Roiz
07.09.2012 , 08:26 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Frenchfrys View Post
ITT: FOTM player has discovered what every good PvP'er already knew... Snipers/Gunslingers absolutely murder Knights/Warriors.
It depends on skill, both glasses are good and have options to kill each other perfectly. The key to beat a sniper is to move it from the cover. Snipers have less mitigation while uncovered. I have both sniper and marauder at 50 and guardian at 45.

Force choke and force push is perfectly available to move sniper out of cover. If sniper is entrenched the best bet is to hide behind an object. Sniper sit in cover and their level of los is lower than standing dps.They cannot fight over small objects like boxes, but standing dps can, this is what many people who don't play snipers don't know. Use LOS to get closer to sniper them hit him with choke and charge.

SinnedWill
07.09.2012 , 08:27 AM | #59
Dear OP, I'm not sure if you knew this, but if you happen to be rage/focus specced, your melee character can pick up the short-ranged gap closer (0-10m) and use it on them even when they're in cover. ... oh geez, now all the snipers/gunslingers have me locked and have begun activating ambush/aimed shot... must... seek... shelter!! AAAAH!
Mains: TheSinner - Madness Sorc; Scornful - Carnage Marauder
Minis: Scorned - Deception Assassin; Sinbane - Pyro Powertech; Sinborn - Marksman Sniper
Guild: Physics
Server: The Shadowlands by way of Dreshdae Cantina.

Aaroneus
07.09.2012 , 08:35 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by BigfootNZ View Post
As one of those 4 people id like to tell the OP to go leap into a lake...

If your gunning for the Sniper/slinger all it gives us is another 3 seconds or so to pull of 2 attacks at most before your on us anyway in open ground, if where on a ramp or higher elevation then yeah we have the advantage, so we should, we spent a good 4+ seconds or so getting into the position and not dpsing. If a melee like a mara gets on me I pop my shield probe, and keep at it, once thats droped I pop dodge, then I might flash bang him and go back to my old targets... ultimately unless he gets bored and goes after some one else that melee WILL kill me, and im resigned to that fact.

If you could leap to me my positioning wouldnt mean diddly, and id be like the poor healer im shooting, dead in seconds and respawning most of the match.

If i dont dodge through master strike even in mostly WH gear im down to 1/3rd health... so yeah, Ill keep my un-mobile immunity to leaps, I need it, other wise it would be an even more melee dominated game than it already is.

whats next?, demand they turn us back to pre 1.2 and make it so any knockback would throw us out of cover forcing us to get back into cover again to use most of our abilitys... no thanks, bad enough things like force choke still effect us in cover.
As another one of those 4 people, I agree with all of this. We really are pretty squishy when a melee gets on top of us. Insanely OP? Doubtful. I wish these forums had some sort of idiot filter.