Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

get rid of the sniper screen...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
get rid of the sniper screen...

AllanGand
07.09.2012 , 12:17 AM | #31
leap to him while he resets, they always have to reset to refresh their damage reduction buff.

My main's a jugg and I think this request is ridiculous! Just play it smart and you can easily kill em.

Drungus
07.09.2012 , 12:18 AM | #32
This thread is music to my ears. Had a really good weekend in WZ's and this thread is the grand finale.

Chimerako
07.09.2012 , 12:28 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by RragnarR View Post
get rid of permanent anti jump screen - snipers are so rediculously op already. Insane amounts of damage and lots of cc's - the fact that no night can leap them makes them rediculously op...
You can't be serious...have you heard of stealth? Don't you PVP on a team? Have someone stab him in the back and they normally get up soon after that. If you need more instructions after that i'd suggest you stop playing. If you stand in his LOS and let him tee off on you then you got what you deserve. Also a neat trick which works in Huttball and Voidstar mostly...force leap to the closest person near him it will still shave some time off his next attack if you 20 -30m away. Throw the damn light saber at his head on the way over as well...

Rogoo
07.09.2012 , 12:35 AM | #34
get rid of permanent anti jump screen - snipers are so rediculously op already. Insane amounts of damage and lots of cc's - the fact that no night can leap them makes them rediculously op...
Marauders / Sentinels kill them in no time.

I have both a Sentinel and a Gunslinger.

You have no idea.

/thread
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.

Helig
07.09.2012 , 12:35 AM | #35
I changed my mind. Remove the Sniper screen. It makes them too visible. Would be replaced with stronger, baseline Ballistic Dampers.

You're immune to charge even when you're simply ducking anyway.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

NoTomorrow
07.09.2012 , 12:53 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Drungus View Post
This thread is music to my ears. Had a really good weekend in WZ's and this thread is the grand finale.
This!!! I hit probably a no expertise sage with my ambush for 6800 damage yesterday ))
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

HeavensTerror
07.09.2012 , 01:04 AM | #37
GS/Snipers really are op. I mean they just sit behind their cover pew pew people and you can't do anything about!

Immune to CCs and tons knockbacks.

Please nerf Bioware. thxs
The Bastion Forerunner legacy
Ionenla Gunslinger
Twileky Sentinel
Lonenla Vanguard

Sharee
07.09.2012 , 01:21 AM | #38
Its supposed to be that way. Snipers are a counter class to knights/warriors. It sucks i know (playing a guardian atm myself) but a sniper in cover is one of the very few problems i have in warzones.

Sometimes you can deal with them. Try to use los to get within 10 meters then choke(or push if you're a guardian) ->jump to them. If they have cc immunity up do something else for 20 seconds, there's usually plenty of other targets to demolish.

vsalcedo
07.09.2012 , 01:31 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
This!!! I hit probably a no expertise sage with my ambush for 6800 damage yesterday ))
He let you pop off an ambush...tard

NoTomorrow
07.09.2012 , 02:08 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by vsalcedo View Post
He let you pop off an ambush...tard
well, he ate before that a 3200 snipe with 5400 followthrough, so i said myself, why not try some more? unfortunately, my takedown was too late, he jumped off the cattwalks and falled to his death.

as for being a tard, well, i guess that happened before when he entered WZ without gear.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.