Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

On open letter to Bioware: HOW to terminate service, regardless of duration

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
On open letter to Bioware: HOW to terminate service, regardless of duration

Porsan
07.08.2012 , 03:25 PM | #1
Ok...here's something this gaming company is absolutely terrible at.
it seems the company assumes us all players reads forums on regular basis...this just isn't true. We check forums when something goes WRONG!

SO: for the online service...15 minutes before servers close, we the players sould recieve a message in big, MASSIVE RED letters across our screen saying something along the line of:
"In 15 minutes our servers will be closing...find a safe spot to log"
10 minutes before server close...we should get a message AGAIN saying;
"In 10 minutes, we'll be closing the servers...find a safe spot to log...NOW!!!"
5 minutes...again:
"In 5 minutes, servers are going down, Find a safe spot to log...NOW!"
1 minute:
"Servers are closing..."

This is BASIC service. Why is it the company running this game fails at it?

Aethyrprime
07.08.2012 , 03:26 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Porsan View Post
it seems the company assumes us all players reads forums on regular basis...this just isn't true. We check forums when something goes WRONG!

SO: for the online service...15 minutes before servers close, we the players sould recieve a message in big, MASSIVE RED letters across our screen saying something along the line of:
"In 10 minutes, we'll be closing the servers...find a safe spot to log...NOW!!!"
5 minutes...again:
1 minute:
"Servers are closing..."

QFT.. Also the very last thing you want to do after *********** up this bad is start deleting the threads that point out your mistakes. That just makes you look not just bad but absolutely amateurish.

RolandeDeschaine
07.08.2012 , 03:32 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Aethyrprime View Post
QFT.. Also the very last thing you want to do after *********** up this bad is start deleting the threads that point out your mistakes. That just makes you look not just bad but absolutely amateurish.
Haven't you heard? They don't delete anymore they just move you to some little know spot called the Suggestion Box and remove any comments like yours or mine and then warn us when we call them on it. Welcome to the Empire

Himeji_Endless
07.08.2012 , 03:33 PM | #4
Like i just read on another thread - the reason why they didn't do it that way is that BW had a massive server crash and didn't know it was coming. This is their way of saving face and yet again lying to their customers

get used to it!

Riivan
07.08.2012 , 03:37 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Aethyrprime View Post
Seriously. If these threads were full of constructive criticism or actual questions for information then I'd get bent out of shape for them deleting them. But they're not. They're several pages of people ************ back and forth without really thinking about the situation within the framework of reality. 1 day in 8 months and you'll probably get a free day out of it. Chill out.

drgnmstr_
07.08.2012 , 03:38 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Porsan View Post

5 minutes...again:
1 minute:
"Servers are closing..."

QFT. This is exactly what they need to be doing.

Also:
No they didn't have a massive server crash. They stated in the dev tracker they were restarting servers at 3:30 CDT. So they restarted the servers and didn't tell in game players because they are assuming everyone is scouring their forums while they are playing the game. Adn we know what happens when you assume something, right?

Riivan
07.08.2012 , 03:42 PM | #7
I know for a fact that several servers including mine got a warning. It is a shame yours didn't and they should do better next time, but come on. Relax, it really is not that big of a deal.

Aetideus
07.08.2012 , 03:47 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Riivan View Post
I know for a fact that several servers including mine got a warning. It is a shame yours didn't and they should do better next time, but come on. Relax, it really is not that big of a deal.
There is a lot of whining, but I don't have so much experience with MMO to check their justification.
There was no warning in my server whatsoever.

Qishari
07.08.2012 , 04:24 PM | #9
Hello all,

We do have a thread for this topic. Please continue your discussion in the ongoing thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=500781