Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best DPS class for PVP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Best DPS class for PVP

Mardalador
07.08.2012 , 03:11 PM | #1
I'm doing alright with my commando, but what is the best DPS class for PVP?
------- O->--<
"NOOO!!! You killed him!!!"

Asvarduil
07.08.2012 , 03:16 PM | #2
As far as I've seen, it's a tie between one of the Sorcerer specs, and Sniper.

I've seen Snipers 3-shot geared tanks in Pre-49, and 5-to-6 shot geared tanks in 50 warzones. They deal so much damage, it's unreal.

Even on Captain Kruhnch, my stealthy, when I get the jump on them with a buddy, I still fully expect the attack to fail.

I think that Sorcerers are somewhat overplayed, though - they're good DPS, but not nearly as good as Snipers can be.
Most epic PvP forum thread ever. | Tales of the Healer - Latest Episode! [08/30/2013]

Captain Kruhnch (Lv.39 Sawbones) - Shadowlands
Cuddlemuffin (Lv.16 Mercenary) - Shadowlands

Kayse
07.08.2012 , 03:20 PM | #3
Honestly only reason why Sorcs get high damage on the boards is because they aoe/dot everyone up. 1 v 1 they have almost no burst and its just a kite fest..

Top damagers imo are probably Sentinels/Vanguards/Gunslingers

Sentinels - Sustained damage/great survibility/good burst

Vanguards - Highest burst/good survibility/can nuke anyone down but has a long "overheat" period

Gunslingers - Close to same burst but more frequent but not mobile/can be los'd.
The <Stormdust> Legacy - Ebon Hawk
Griever/Vasuki- Sentinel Gabranth - Marauder
Nizome - Vanguard Bebop - Mercenary Metraton - Shadow
(R60 1/14/12 R60 2/14/12 R60 4/26/12)

FourTwent
07.08.2012 , 03:20 PM | #4
hands down the operative right? i mean if we're so good we unsub people for them. . .that's the best kind of dps i think

but seriously. i hear people saying vanguard/gunslinger/sentinel and their mirrors are the best DPS for warzones right now.

each bring different things to the table, so it's more about preference right now.

KettleBelll
07.08.2012 , 03:23 PM | #5
Powertech.

Powertech x2 if you are capable of sparying your taunts, which are off the GCD, and cost no resource to use.

Why just do amazing damage from range w/ stuns, when you can do amazing damage, stuns, and cause everyone to also inflict 30% less damage?

Soljin
07.08.2012 , 03:34 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by KettleBelll View Post
Powertech.

Powertech x2 if you are capable of sparying your taunts, which are off the GCD, and cost no resource to use.

Why just do amazing damage from range w/ stuns, when you can do amazing damage, stuns, and cause everyone to also inflict 30% less damage?
This! Powertech (Pyro spec) is the top PvP dps in the game right now...They put up the highest numbers in dmg un contested considering equal gear to others, and can Taunt as well...They 1v1 extremely well, and in a group are even better...There is no downside to PT Pyro spec atm.

People will tell you they are glass cannons and die easily... But thats perpective. I have a DPS Pyro Merc, and a Rage specced Jugg. In a WZ I can smoke a Pyro Merc in seconds...I cannot however do the same to a PT Pyro spec....

Another arguement is PT has no CC...this is also wrong...I get stunned by PT's everytime I get near one..so they have enough CC..... If you have tons of CC you just resolve cap your opponent anyway...all you need is enough CC, and they have that.

So my Vote is a resounding PT Pyro for top PvP DPS.
Born on Bria.
Clone Zerging Since 2003!

DarthRaika
07.08.2012 , 04:29 PM | #7
Ptech/vguard. The reason why is that I don't know you. You might be good you might be bad but you can't mess up a ptech/vguard. It is by far the easiest of all my classes and it is great. Sorc is one of best 1-49 though. DOT specs are always great when pug'n during lvl'n. However, at 50 sorc dps sucks (can still top chart though its just worthless dmg).

Sniper is another good option. The dmg they put out is great and they have utility as well. Sniper is becoming my fav class.

xBloodcrazed
07.08.2012 , 05:36 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Soljin View Post
This! Powertech (Pyro spec) is the top PvP dps in the game right now...They put up the highest numbers in dmg un contested considering equal gear to others, and can Taunt as well...They 1v1 extremely well, and in a group are even better...There is no downside to PT Pyro spec atm.

People will tell you they are glass cannons and die easily... But thats perpective. I have a DPS Pyro Merc, and a Rage specced Jugg. In a WZ I can smoke a Pyro Merc in seconds...I cannot however do the same to a PT Pyro spec....

Another arguement is PT has no CC...this is also wrong...I get stunned by PT's everytime I get near one..so they have enough CC..... If you have tons of CC you just resolve cap your opponent anyway...all you need is enough CC, and they have that.

So my Vote is a resounding PT Pyro for top PvP DPS.
you can kill a powertech just as fast if not faster then a merc. with both AC having mirror defensive cooldowns and the merc actually having more CC im pretty sure stating that a merc dies in seconds but a pyro does not is blatant misinformation.
Bloodcrazed
<The Watchmen>
Canderous Ordo

Dissentus
07.08.2012 , 05:48 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Asvarduil View Post
As far as I've seen, it's a tie between one of the Sorcerer specs, and Sniper.

I've seen Snipers 3-shot geared tanks in Pre-49, and 5-to-6 shot geared tanks in 50 warzones. They deal so much damage, it's unreal.

Even on Captain Kruhnch, my stealthy, when I get the jump on them with a buddy, I still fully expect the attack to fail.

I think that Sorcerers are somewhat overplayed, though - they're good DPS, but not nearly as good as Snipers can be.
Did you seriously just say that Sorcs are one of the best DPS classes? On these forums? Good luck to you, sir.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Soljin
07.08.2012 , 06:09 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by xBloodcrazed View Post
you can kill a powertech just as fast if not faster then a merc. with both AC having mirror defensive cooldowns and the merc actually having more CC im pretty sure stating that a merc dies in seconds but a pyro does not is blatant misinformation.
First...I never said it had to do with Defense at all. Second we both PT and Merc have a stun. Merc has a KB which would be counter productive for a PT..so they have grapple. And Concussion missle is another CC but try using it on a dot'ed target...it breaks on dmg....Is great if someone is dumb enough to trinket the 8 sec stun sure Ill give you that.

To sum things up PvP is kill first and win. PT is a close combat fighter with all instant abilities...Merc is a Ranged fighter with very minimal kiting abilities and all but 2 skills are cast bars, and their rail shot does not have 100% reset like PT!!!....Thats why mercs die faster... Their skills never get out of the tube......

So fight a PT and a Merc in equal gear and then come back and tell me the Merc didnt die faster...Do it I am confident of the outcome.
Born on Bria.
Clone Zerging Since 2003!