Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hey! Bioware! Care to tell us why the servers are down?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Hey! Bioware! Care to tell us why the servers are down?!

SithHappensYo
07.08.2012 , 02:51 PM | #1
...now.

Jaick
07.08.2012 , 02:52 PM | #2

Raora
07.08.2012 , 03:30 PM | #3
forum rage ftw

Finrok
07.08.2012 , 03:31 PM | #4
The hamsters have to be fed and they took them off the treadmill ok? Feeding time runs about an hour then the servers go back up.

DO YOU WANT THE HAMSTERS TO STARVE??

grallmate
07.08.2012 , 03:33 PM | #5
Intermittent lag issues is a pretty solid explanation. Although they are understating the problem.
Some of my guildies were lagging out mid boss fight, I was getting 2-3 second lag spikes and it was making some bosses/instances (LI HM) exceedingly difficult.

Yes those where all server side lag issues that needed to be looked at. I will accept a server reset, I would not accept emergency maintenance however.

Zojak
07.08.2012 , 03:34 PM | #6
Generally the first thing you do when you're having intermittent lag issues - or intermittent performance issues in general, is to restart the item having the issues - in this case a server. So, they're rebooting the servers, as the sticky indicated.

What do you want? A play-by-play on exactly every single thing they're doing as they do it? Basic reading comprehension would tell you the following bits of information:

1. The servers are being rebooted because of intermittent lag issues.
2. They will be up once they believe the issue is resolved.
3. They are communicating to you that they are aware of the issue, that the servers are down, and gave a description as to why.

Get an in with a BioWare SysAdmin who works on the servers and you'll get all the inside scoop information you want. 'Til then, that's all you get - and its all the customer base should get.
"The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men." A.J.Durai

VynnTorace
07.08.2012 , 03:35 PM | #7
Hey OP... **** happens.
~CE Pre-Order VIP~ In BioWare we Trust.

Desdecardo
07.08.2012 , 03:36 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by grallmate View Post
Intermittent lag issues is a pretty solid explanation. Although they are understating the problem.
Some of my guildies were lagging out mid boss fight, I was getting 2-3 second lag spikes and it was making some bosses/instances (LI HM) exceedingly difficult.

Yes those where all server side lag issues that needed to be looked at. I will accept a server reset, I would not accept emergency maintenance however.
Add that to 2 servers that couldnt restart. Its a pretty solid explanation to why they had to restart everything before things got worse.
Never Forget 9/29/11

Jaick
07.08.2012 , 03:37 PM | #9
Oh and I actually took the time to read what your forum handle is

Why don't you follow it

"SithHappensYo"

Dadito
07.08.2012 , 03:39 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Raora View Post
forum rage ftw
totally agreee most funny day ever xDD
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
Sith Code by Darth Bane