Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How can I speed up my game loading etc.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
How can I speed up my game loading etc.

12.18.2011 , 09:47 PM | #1
Hello, I have a Geforce 9500GT graphics card for my comp; I play the game on low settings and its fine the way it is, it takes a while to load scenery etc sometimes. Was wondering if increasing my RAM would help speed things up a bit I think i have 2G. If it would help definitely going to buy some RAM.

Here is my comp, I know its not a gaming comp but does the job. Im an ex WOW player and I never had trouble. Other games I play, EVE online, and countless mmorpgs:

12.18.2011 , 11:06 PM | #2
Your RAM is what's killing your load times, 2 gigs is not much to run anything with yes it will help tremendously. Also update your drivers to make sure you have the latest.

Edit: I'm amazed you can run much of anything with only two gigs of RAM lol.

12.19.2011 , 08:37 AM | #3
Ok cool, just updated graphics driver and going shopping for RAM.

12.24.2011 , 02:46 AM | #4
Yeah, if you already haven't, update your RAM to the maximum that your Motherboard can support (which is 4GB of course), since the optimum quantity of RAM one can use for gaming is generally between 8 and 12, and you're not necessarily allowed to get quite to that point - You can at least get close!

12.24.2011 , 02:50 AM | #5
if you are using a 32 bit operating system the most your computer will recognize will be 4 gigs (not even the full at the most approximately 3.67 gigs) so when you go ram shopping dont go crazy and end up with more ram than you can use.
Haters, They gonna hate
^---my youtube channel for covers and music

01.31.2012 , 03:15 PM | #6
how do you update graphics drivers?

01.31.2012 , 03:22 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by pitcharmSTRONG View Post
how do you update graphics drivers?
Goto the manufactures website or supporting sites, download and install.

01.31.2012 , 03:26 PM | #8
couple of things you can do

RAM - cheapest route. if you have 32bit, 4GB is max
Graphic Card - You can update your graphic driver FIRST and probably see improvement. I notice that if you turn shadow off, it works wonders!
SSD - solid state drive. Installing the game on this drive (and your OS) make things load REALLY fast on the hard drive level.

The slowest of the three is hard drive, but a good SSD cost as much as a graphic card.

01.31.2012 , 11:18 PM | #9
Most you can get with 32 bit is 2 gig I have x86 (changing soon to x64) and have 4 gig ram but comp will only "see" 2 gigs.

01.31.2012 , 11:24 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by limmermanrz View Post
Most you can get with 32 bit is 2 gig I have x86 (changing soon to x64) and have 4 gig ram but comp will only "see" 2 gigs.
That is incorrect.

As 4GB is the maximum amount of address space that can be accessed by a 32-bit system. The actual amount of memory available for use will depend on the hardware in your system, as this also needs to be mapped in to that 4GB address space. This typically leaves between 3.25 and 3.75 GB of available (useable) memory.

Which means you might be having other issues I.e on board graphics sharing memory.
╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╣█|████████████MMO's/SWTOR Guide████████████)