Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Seer PVE Healing Guide (1.3)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Consular > Sage
Seer PVE Healing Guide (1.3)

Kytea
07.29.2012 , 06:42 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
@#$#$ Torhead has swapped everything back to how it was in the first place.

Someone over there needs a spiked boot planted in their face. I'll update the OP again.
Thanks, working now

Kytea
08.08.2012 , 06:40 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Kytea View Post
Thanks, working now
Actually , they're broken again (the skill tree builds on the first post)

Now showing 23-4-2 builds
This is annoying. I should take sreenshots of the builds I like rather than bookmarking them

Aurojiin
08.08.2012 , 10:19 PM | #53
My rage at Torhead's incompetence and general ridiculousness cannot be expressed in unfiltered words.

I've changed to another skill calculator this time.

DarkDisturbed
08.12.2012 , 07:04 PM | #54
Hey, Auro, what do you think about taking the Battlemaster + Columi set bonus (using the shells with black hole gear). The 2 piece for the PvP gear seems like it would be useful.

Aurojiin
08.12.2012 , 08:15 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkDisturbed View Post
Hey, Auro, what do you think about taking the Battlemaster + Columi set bonus (using the shells with black hole gear). The 2 piece for the PvP gear seems like it would be useful.
Mixed feelings. It's definitely a bigger potential HPS boost than the PVE 4-piece. On the other hand, I prefer to be conservative with bubbles, only rotating them on the tank and saving them for emergencies in DPS/other healers.

Honestly, though, it'll probably do more for you than the PVE 4-piece, which you can quite happily live without.

eventidephoenix
09.13.2012 , 12:02 AM | #56
Aurojin! "waves hands"

After mentoring a few new sages and trying some tricks out on my own, here are some things I think you can add to the guide :-)

1) Salvation on Single Targets.
I find that new healers in boss fights hesistate to use salvation on the tank. Even if the salvation ends up on a single target it is still a pretty potent heal. The heal takes time so when to use it is important (next portion on predictive vs reactive healing). How to land it also requires a bit of practice.

One thing I have experimented on is kephess hm.. Salvation on the tank during the last phase is severely underestimated. If cast at the right time (during the tank swaps) it can be very effective.

new healers often overlook this and its understandable as we tend to think its a AOE.

2) predictive vs reactive healing
In all fight components, there are largely these two components. I've found that some new healers struggle with the reactive component. The predictive component can be learnt over time. So I reckon you could probably split the guide up this way. I have always advocated pvp as a way to learn the reactive component but well, its not everyone's domain =/

The reactive component includes:
a) Prioritizing abilities (the guide has this, eggggcellent)
b) Force Potency: To hit, or not to hit it
c) Deliverance vs The Rest (Because Deliverance has the highest cast time so naturally this decision will be important)
d) Who should I heal? (Tank vs DPS covered in the guide)

3) Interesting note on set bonuses
I have been testing out both set bonuses and... To be honest whatever your guide states is right. Only the first set bonus matters.

I tend to use Force Bubble as an emergency

I will update this post when I get back home.. Just jotting down some notes and thoughts that struck me

Mireleni
10.08.2012 , 07:22 PM | #57
First of all, this guide is great! I couldn't have made the transition to healing without it.

Regarding the relics...I knew from the start that I had no interest in PvP (that's just how I am), and thus could never get the BiS War Hero Relic of Boundless Ages. So I saved up and bought the Campaign Relic of Boundless Ages, to pair with my Matrix Cube. But I recently realized that the Champion Relic of Boundless Ages (which you can buy at a PvP vendor for a measly 11k--no PvP required!) actually beats it in terms of bonus healing (though it does have less endurance). Even assuming that I ALWAYS use the campaign relic when it's off of cooldown (which I don't) so that it's active 25% of the time, my average bonus healing (= bonus healing w/ relic activated * 0.25 + bonus healing w/o * 0.75) is less than my bonus healing with the champion relic equipped. The campaign relic is still best for bosses with specific phases of higher damage, but I've decided that in most cases, I'd rather have the higher consistent healing offered by the champion relic. Makes me sad that an 11k-credit PvP relic would be better for PvE than the 200-daily comm PvE top-tier relic, but that's how it looks. I haven't happened upon any theory crafting proving this, though this link about BiS Sage/Sorc dps also ranks the champion relic above everything in PvE except for the Matrix Cube.
Revan: You just called me a meatbag again!
HK-47: Explanation: It's just that...you have all these squishy parts, master. And all that water! How the constant sloshing doesn't drive you mad, I have no idea.
Revan: Neither do I, come to think of it...

Ognajd
10.27.2012 , 11:15 PM | #58
As this is a sticky, it would also be nice to see UI customizations.

Aurojiin
10.28.2012 , 04:17 AM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Ognajd View Post
As this is a sticky, it would also be nice to see UI customizations.
I think UI is a pretty subjective thing, but I'll add a few notes on it tomorrow. Going to update for 1.4 and respond to some of the recent posts. Been busy lately and have just kept putting this guide on the to-do list.
Aisev -:- Seer Sage Si'ki -:- Darkness Assassin

Ognajd
10.28.2012 , 08:23 AM | #60
Thanks for the guide, sorry I didn't mention that in my post above.