Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Seer PVE Healing Guide (1.3)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Seer PVE Healing Guide (1.3)

Aurojiin
07.13.2012 , 05:09 PM | #41
To be fair, Alacrity does have some value. Partially that's because with the fairly heavy DR on Surge there's not really much point stacking past 300, but in a sustained casting scenario Alacrity certainly boosts output. Given the lockout debuff on Force Armor, your basic single-target rotation in high-damage phase should be:

Rejuvenate -> Healing Trance -> Deliverance

In an ideal world you'd have 9.1% activation speed, because you can cast that rotation with no idling time. So all in all, at BiS levels, 285 Surge and Alacrity seems like the best choice.

AngelFluttershy
07.13.2012 , 05:55 PM | #42
Currently I am looking to bump my Alacrity down to the 9%-10% range because my main thing is I like Deliverance at 2.2 cast time. I use it a lot as a maintenance heal as with Conveyance it is a really cheap ability Force wise. I'm not huge on spamming Force Armor as it tends to eat up Force and I don't find it that necessary on most occasions, so I like my cast times a bit short. My typical rotation is as Aurojiin put it, I only Force Armor when I need that buffer to restore a member's health. As long as I can keep 2.2 on Deliverance I'm fine as that leaves Salvation at 1.8 and Trance at 2.7.

Cleet_Xia
07.20.2012 , 05:35 PM | #43
First ~
GREAT guide !! good to see someone doing this.

Second ~
Should something be said in here about the 10% armor buff of Force Shelter that comes with Rejuvenate? While it's not healing in the traditional sense. The amount of damage mitigated over it's duration is considerable. Enough that I find myself casting Rejuvenate on a healthy tank just to refresh the buff.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

AngelFluttershy
07.20.2012 , 06:36 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Cleet_Xia View Post
First ~
GREAT guide !! good to see someone doing this.

Second ~
Should something be said in here about the 10% armor buff of Force Shelter that comes with Rejuvenate? While it's not healing in the traditional sense. The amount of damage mitigated over it's duration is considerable. Enough that I find myself casting Rejuvenate on a healthy tank just to refresh the buff.
In the guide it says to check for the Force Shelter buff in the healing priority flowchart and mentions it again in the extra notes. It's just implied that a Seer would be specced into Force Shelter and understand its effects.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojin
5. Does tank have Force Shelter? If not, Rejuvenate. Otherwise;

Some notes on Seer abilities: Whatever the specifics of your approach to Seer healing and resource management, there should always be one core element: the use of Rejuvenate on cooldown (on the tank for at least every second cast, in order to grant Force Shelter). Conveyance is vitally important, and you want to minimise the number of abilities cast without it, because all of your primary healing tools are greatly improved by it.

Cleet_Xia
07.20.2012 , 08:43 PM | #45
<- tired person with tired eyes, should learn to read better
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

AngelFluttershy
07.20.2012 , 10:34 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Cleet_Xia View Post
<- tired person with tired eyes, should learn to read better
Haha it is quite alright. In your defense I did use Ctrl+F just a little bit.

Sindorin
07.25.2012 , 07:50 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
It's much more painful for those of us who played prior to 1.2 and enjoyed the godmode that was Sage/Sorc healing.

There's no question in my mind that the class needed nerfing (although in a perfect world the other healing classes would be been buffed and content made harder), but the stripping of our burst healing and the general reduction in choice and flexibility was very disappointing. Ultimately the class is less dynamic and engaging for the changes, imo.

Frankly, though, it's still definitively the best PVE healing class.
Actually, I think the scoundrel has a much better utility set as a PvE Healer or even an Off Healer than a Sage. The numbers are just horrible on the Sage post 1.2. They didn't nerf it so much as make it completely nonviable. Especially in PvP where I can't even keep myself up against a comparative DPS Sith. I'm not asking for godmode back. I am just asking to have the basic tools I need to heal properly (IE; Conveyance pl0x)

Masta-Blasta - Vanguard

Sindorin - Assassin

Aurojiin
07.25.2012 , 05:13 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Sindorin View Post
Actually, I think the scoundrel has a much better utility set as a PvE Healer or even an Off Healer than a Sage. The numbers are just horrible on the Sage post 1.2. They didn't nerf it so much as make it completely nonviable. Especially in PvP where I can't even keep myself up against a comparative DPS Sith. I'm not asking for godmode back. I am just asking to have the basic tools I need to heal properly (IE; Conveyance pl0x)
Sage healers have been hit too hard in PVP, and I don't think you'll find many people that will disagree with that.

In PVE we're still definitively better though. Our DPS is more useful than Scoundrel healers, we have a universal CC, and our healing is outright superior. Yes, we lack burst, but it doesn't matter all that much in reality. Two Sages can heal 8-man HM Kephess without sweating. Healing Trance is probably the best single target heal in the game, and Salvation is the best healing ability bar none. Force Armor is strong, efficient, and has utility direct heals don't. Our resource system actually offers us a big advantage in allowing us to sustain maximum HPS for much longer than Scoundrels.

Sage + Scoundrel is a nice healing synergy, but any raid composition without a Sage is inferior to one with.

Kytea
07.28.2012 , 07:01 PM | #49
The initial post build links show me a 2/18/7 build.

I assume it's due to a change since last patch. Can someone re-post a sage healer build please?
Thanks

Aurojiin
07.29.2012 , 03:28 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Kytea View Post
The initial post build links show me a 2/18/7 build.

I assume it's due to a change since last patch. Can someone re-post a sage healer build please?
Thanks
@#$#$ Torhead has swapped everything back to how it was in the first place.

Someone over there needs a spiked boot planted in their face. I'll update the OP again.