Quest objectives on World Map

Markedd

Hi guys,

Not sure if I've got something set wrong, or if this is just the way it is.... but...

I can't see where I need to hand in quests on my 'World' map (Hit M, then click the map in the bottom right corner).

All I can get it to show is the closest Taxi point, which it highlights green if it will take me to a quest turn in or objective - however this is totally useless if my Quick Travel is off CD and I want to use it.

I have no idea where to QT to, as I can't see where all my current quests need me to go on the larger map.

Yes, I know it shows them on the local map, but if I'm on the other side of a planet, that doesn't help (who quick travels somewhere local anyway?)

So, honestly, you should be turning in a set of quests after completion at each quest hub. That means you should not leave your local map until you have turned in all your quests in that region. Its showing the taxi point so that you know which quest hub to return to to either do or turn in quests. I usually pick up all the quests at a taxi point/quest hub, bang em all out, and have someone either at that quest hub tell me the next place to quest at or follow my class quest to the next hub. It won't show you all the quests you need to turn in on the planet. At least, I've never seen it do that. Most people don't finish a whole planet and then do all the turn ins - you don't get the gear upgrades and xp you need or the creds for repair and such. So yeah, your map doens't show all the quest turn ins on the planet. You have to turn in quests in each region when you are done with them if possible and/or taxi/quick travel to the other turn ins. The quest log itself will tell you each turn in outpost. Hope that helps :)

I hear what you're saying, and that works a lot of the time.

On Nar Shaddaa however.... all turn-ins are back in another section of the city, which isn't shown on the local map where the quests were done.

OK, I am a noob myself, or at least generally oblivious, so if I sound like an idiot (It's true actually) please forgive me.

If you open the local map there should be a green single arrow, as opposed to the double arrow for the taxi. If you hover over that arrow it should bring up all of the mission objectives that are in that direction and if you click on the arrow it will open up the map that it is pointing to. If you keep going from map to map you should be able to find the objective point.

I had this problem too and found that the turn in point was in a building that I hadn't been in yet but when I clicked on the arrow it opened a floor plan of the building showing the drop box I was looking for.

Hope this is helpful. (Or at least assures you that there is someone far more clueless than yourself out there.)