Disappearing Act

lpsmash

Overloads your stealth generator, immediately exiting combat and entering stealth mode. For 10 seconds, you become virtually undetectable, but all healing done and received is decreased bu 100%.

Can you make it so it REALLY takes us out of combat? Right now, the tooltip is misleading, it should read "immediately vanishing from sight" or "immediately granting you stealth" or something along this line.

Edited by lpsmash

Thing is, it should work, but it doesn't. I'm not even going to touch any issues in PVP, but even in PVE it tends to hiccup and not work.

I've found that Companions are to blame mostly - I'll have hit Dodge (to get rid of negative effects) and Disappearing Act to drop combat, which will work for only me somehow as my Companion continues to trail mobs behind it. It'll then put me into combat again as soon as they get hit (but they won't fight back, because they're stealthed and it doesn't break on this 'new' combat. What? Yes.)

Bottom line? DA is buggy. Considering that Rogues in That Other MMO were crying for a Vanish fix for over three expansions, it'll be a while before DA can be called 'fixed'.

Working as intended.

However, companions respond slower than you. If you are going to vanish, do so after placing your companion on passive.

However, encounters have AoE effects that cover large areas yet do no damage. Learn them and avoid them to maximize DA's effect.

Overall, I have no complaints with DA; it's just learning encounters to know when to time it.

Definitely has happened in PvP, it's quite frustrating to DA out of a fight, unstealth and expect to OOC regen and see "Cannot regenerate health in combat." <--- I just hit Disappearing Act and stealthed away, what gives Game?

Definitely has happened in PvP, it's quite frustrating to DA out of a fight, unstealth and expect to OOC regen and see "Cannot regenerate health in combat." <--- I just hit Disappearing Act and stealthed away, what gives Game?

Well it happens ALL the time in PvP, unless I guess you have no dots and when you disappear thos who hit you and you hit haven't takent damage for a few seconds, thus getting them out of combat too.

I think that's why it works as intended while questing, when you disappear, the monster you were fighting also leaves combat. But in PvP, he doesn't.

In a warzone, DA can be really bad because it doesn't take you out of combat. You'll have to hide and use underworld medecine, healing ~2k a pop (I'm playing pre-50 scrapper), costing 25 energy (I'm not complaining about scrapper self heals which I think are some of the best for a non-healer class). What an escape. And you're probably STILL in combat after spending a few seconds getting away and a few more healing yourself to full, so you can't restealth.

If it's working as intended, I'd like to know. That way I'll only use disappearing act when I'm around healers or for an extra shoot first.

Only problems I have along these lines with disappearing act can be put down to:

1) area of effect hits me = maybe damaged, appear, back in combat

2) damage over time isn't cleansed = damaged, appear, back in combat

3) incoming hire is launched before I vanish, hits me after I vanish = damaged, appear, back in combat

Not had an occasion other than these I can remember. Not getting the option to re-stealth after being out of combat for what seems like ages is frustrating.

Only problems I have along these lines with disappearing act can be put down to:

1) area of effect hits me = maybe damaged, appear, back in combat

2) damage over time isn't cleansed = damaged, appear, back in combat

3) incoming hire is launched before I vanish, hits me after I vanish = damaged, appear, back in combat

Not had an occasion other than these I can remember. Not getting the option to re-stealth after being out of combat for what seems like ages is frustrating.

What I mean is, Vanish, run away. Unstealth to heal up through whatever means, find myself unable to restealth and Sprint is off. No damage has been incoming, no DoTs on me, no AoEs. Stealth is broken by me manually and unable to be re-engaged despite having just Vanished; the button is greyed out, not on cooldown and the error message "Unable to regenerate health while in combat" appears if I press the out of combat regen.

Edited by Daiyukie

What I mean is, Vanish, run away. Unstealth to heal up through whatever means, find myself unable to restealth and Sprint is off. No damage has been incoming, no DoTs on me, no AoEs. Stealth is broken by me manually and unable to be re-engaged despite having just Vanished; the button is greyed out, not on cooldown and the error message "Unable to regenerate health while in combat" appears if I press the out of combat regen.

Exactly the point of my thread. Either DA is bugged, the tooltip is misleading or its the whole "getting out of combat" thing that's a pain in the *** in this game.

Either way, you can know if you're going to be able to restealth just by checking your buffs: if you have sprint, you're out of combat. Watch out for scrapper sprint when they DA.

It is also not intended to work if you or your companion have DoTs on any target. I bring this up only because you don't mention checking for DoTs on what you've been fighting.