Ranked Warzones have made non-Ranked Warzones less fun

NathanielStarr

OK so I thought part of the reason for ranked warzones was to help with the discrepancy in gear/organization between PUGs and pre-mades, but as it turns out that while the idea of ranked has created PvP dedicated teams many of them (either they are losing or ranked is not queuing) play in the non-ranked.

So we have more PUGs facing organized teams than before. Less fun.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK so I thought part of the reason for ranked warzones was to help with the discrepancy in gear/organization between PUGs and pre-mades, but as it turns out that while the idea of ranked has created PvP dedicated teams many of them (either they are losing or ranked is not queuing) play in the non-ranked.

So we have more PUGs facing organized teams than before. Less fun.

It's no more than usual. Maybe you should stop solo queuing and make some friends?

I really think these premade teams are fooling themselves... it's a given that there are a ton more ppl queing up solo (ie a lot more casual players or players with limited play time). Who do you think BW is going to cater to in the end........ the ppl who pay their checks or the minority? They might hold off for a bit (maybe too long to save the game), but in the end, they will have solo ranked ques and no ranked teams (or no 8 man premades) entering the non ranked wzs.

I really think these premade teams are fooling themselves... it's a given that there are a ton more ppl queing up solo (ie a lot more casual players or players with limited play time). Who do you think BW is going to cater to in the end........ the ppl who pay their checks or the minority? They might hold off for a bit (maybe too long to save the game), but in the end, they will have solo ranked ques and no ranked teams (or no 8 man premades) entering the non ranked wzs.

It's not going to change anything. You are still going to get rolled and you are still going to complain about it. Normal warzones are fine. If you can't handle four people then perhaps you should just pve instead. Or maybe you shoud, ya know, make friends instead of being anti social in a mmo. I really don't care how casual you are, you are playing an mmo. If you want to be super casual and play alone there are plenty of single player games out there for you to play.

It's not just that, team compositions have also taken a turn for the worse. I thought it was bad pre-ranked, with a fotm'er lurking in every corner, but it has now reached critical mass. Played four games just now and saw one sorc, ironically enough a freshie with 13K HP. What was that person thinking? I tried to ask him but I only got to "wha-" before he was dead, quit out and probably re-rolled. I bet he's on Hutta right now. Edited by MidichIorian

It's not going to change anything. You are still going to get rolled and you are still going to complain about it. Normal warzones are fine. If you can't handle four people then perhaps you should just pve instead. Or maybe you shoud, ya know, make friends instead of being anti social in a mmo. I really don't care how casual you are, you are playing an mmo. If you want to be super casual and play alone there are plenty of single player games out there for you to play.

think you need to take a really deep breath, slow down, reread what I posted and try to find any portion of it that is a whine. Im personally on 2 ranked teams atm and am enjoying it. Im just not burying my head to what's going to happen. Today we went into a non ranked wz (since the que wasnt popping) and took all 3 nodes and none of us died the whole wz....that cant be fun to the casuals that were in that wz. Make the majority of players (and the casuals are the majority) mad and theyll leave the game. They leave the game and the game dies which would make BW sadfaced. Simple as that.

think you need to take a really deep breath, slow down, reread what I posted and try to find any portion of it that is a whine. Im personally on 2 ranked teams atm and am enjoying it. Im just not burying my head to what's going to happen. Today we went into a non ranked wz (since the que wasnt popping) and took all 3 nodes and none of us died the whole wz....that cant be fun to the casuals that were in that wz. Make the majority of players (and the casuals are the majority) mad and theyll leave the game. They leave the game and the game dies which would make BW sadfaced. Simple as that.

And then you piss off the people who want to group up but dont have a full 8 man for ranked. Normal warzones are fine as is.

And then you piss off the people who want to group up but dont have a full 8 man for ranked. Normal warzones are fine as is.

1) You'll have your grouped non-ranked queue.

2) No it is not. Premades being able to meet PUGS isn't "fine as is"

Im guessing theyll still let 4 man premades just not full 8 man teams, but who knows. Maybe theyll set up some kind of personal scoring system for gear/kills/wins/losses or something and weight grps like that for unranked grps. No idea how theyll approach it, but they have plenty of good ppl working on it Im sure (I seriously doubt theyve given up on the game already).

1) You'll have your grouped non-ranked queue.

2) No it is not. Premades being able to meet PUGS isn't "fine as is"

1) You essentially force people into solo queue as no one will go into a non-ranked. Then what happens to the friends that want to queue with just one other person and only have a two or maybe three man group? Are you going to force them to wait longer for a queue just because you chose to be anti-social? Or what about the guilds that can't always have 8 people online? My guild does ranked but we have only played about 20 matches since 1.3 due to not always having everyone online. Should we be punished if we want to queue together and wait forever just because you want to be anti-social? We already have long queue times for ranked, why should we have to wait even longer for normal warzones? Why should we be forced into queuing solo just to get a quick pop? Why should solo even have a rank? Logically that doesn't even make sense given that warzones are group play.

2) Four man group is not a premade. It's four people getting grouped together with a high chance of being stuck with 4 idiots.

Hello. I solo queue mostly, except when my partner in crime is on, then we dual queue. I dont care if I face a pug or premade. Infact I prefer facing a premade or dual premade (2 groups of 4). I would rather know I beat someone that was using voice communication and practices regularly than some thrown together pug that has no teamwork. I get more gratification out of it. Warzones are fine as is.

1) You essentially force people into solo queue as no one will go into a non-ranked. Then what happens to the friends that want to queue with just one other person and only have a two or maybe three man group? Are you going to force them to wait longer for a queue just because you chose to be anti-social? Or what about the guilds that can't always have 8 people online? My guild does ranked but we have only played about 20 matches since 1.3 due to not always having everyone online. Should we be punished if we want to queue together and wait forever just because you want to be anti-social? We already have long queue times for ranked, why should we have to wait even longer for normal warzones? Why should we be forced into queuing solo just to get a quick pop? Why should solo even have a rank? Logically that doesn't even make sense given that warzones are group play.

2) Four man group is not a premade. It's four people getting grouped together with a high chance of being stuck with 4 idiots.

dont know what to tell you...this is gonna happen despite all the premade tears..they have to cater to the majority. Thats the end all be all of the whole thing.

dont know what to tell you...this is gonna happen despite all the premade tears..they have to cater to the majority. Thats the end all be all of the whole thing.

I'm going to laugh when solo queue's are mixed into premades like originally planned.

I'm going to laugh when solo queue's are mixed into premades like originally planned.

yep they said that was incoming already... just not sure what else theyre going to do. Guessing they make all pvp cross server, no ranked premades in the unranked ques, solo ranked que, and maybe some kind of gear/score matching system for non ranked? (not person by person gear ranks but team total gear ranks)

It's no more than usual. Maybe you should stop solo queuing and make some friends?

Wait! You mean there's people here that aren't complete narcissistic children with anger problems worth befriending?!

I call shenanigans.

I like how people think 4 man premades against pugs are no big deal. 2 decent players can carry an entire pug warzone pretty easily. 4 is just effortless.

Only bad players want to face pugs as a premade. There is no challenge in it and it stops being fun after the 5th easy win.

yep they said that was incoming already... just not sure what else theyre going to do. Guessing they make all pvp cross server, no ranked premades in the unranked ques, solo ranked que, and maybe some kind of gear/score matching system for non ranked? (not person by person gear ranks but team total gear ranks)

Or they can just add cross server and leave everything else alone as it's fine the way it is currently.

I like how people think 4 man premades against pugs are no big deal. 2 decent players can carry an entire pug warzone pretty easily. 4 is just effortless.

Only bad players want to face pugs as a premade. There is no challenge in it and it stops being fun after the 5th easy win.

Then make a group yourself? It is an mmo after all. Stop trying to punish others who play as a group just because you don't want to be social. And not all "premades" are what you think. Some people just like queuing up together and just playing the game. How is what you want fair to them?

Or they can just add cross server and leave everything else alone as it's fine the way it is currently.

They already said theyre adding solo ranked ques. Id guess theyd add other stuff at that point also.

Then make a group yourself? It is an mmo after all. Stop trying to punish others who play as a group just because you don't want to be social. And not all "premades" are what you think. Some people just like queuing up together and just playing the game. How is what you want fair to them?

The only fair option would be putting premades against other premades. Everyone wins.

Well, there are pluses and minuses. But with non-ranked you can only queue with 1-4 so fair chance as a solo queuer you may end up on a group team. On a large server its quite hard to stack two queue groups into one non-ranked wz. Ultimately non-ranked is for gear grinding and casual PvP fun.

I think it's an interesting point about losing ranked teams heading into non-ranked war zones. I think that PvP rewards the dedicated team, but punishes the casual team here. Let's face it folks if you don't get a good ranked team rating you sort of have n00b tattooed on your character, and its really hard to get into a better rated team if you have a bad ranking.After all best teams can pick a fresh faced up and coming PvP star over a tired losing vet. I think the casual ranked teams learned the hard way that you have to have gear and tactics near perfect to be on the top of the heap in SWTOR PvP.

Edited by Ewgal

And they do in ranked warzones. I'm sorry if you think four people in a normal warzone is a premade.

Did you not read my previous post? I guess you are just another bad player that queues with your other bad friends in unranked warzones and kills a bunch of recruit geared players that have no team coordination and actually enjoys it.

Sad.

I'm sorry if you think four people in a normal warzone isn't an automatic win. Must be really bad.

Edited by Kraegore