Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Random crashes

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

bhking
07.07.2012 , 05:09 PM | #1
Hi, Bioware I know all you CSR have received flak over 1.3 and bugs associated with it so I am not going to scream like a four year old child. My game constantly crashes during gameplay, which has only started after patch 1.3.
Windows vista x64 Business.
FX-6200
HD Radeon 6870
16gb ram.
That is all.
People Don't Have Bounties, Only Acquisitions Have Bounties
The sun never sets on the Sith Empire.
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
If we ever reach the point where every class thinks they are completely balanced and everything is great, I'll take the red pill and unplug from the matrix.

Tirvaak
07.07.2012 , 05:27 PM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by bhking View Post
Hi, Bioware I know all you CSR have received flak over 1.3 and bugs associated with it so I am not going to scream like a four year old child. My game constantly crashes during gameplay, which has only started after patch 1.3.
FX-6200
HD Radeon 6870
16gb ram.
That is all.
Hi bhking,

Thank you for taking the time to post. I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems crashing while playing the game. Would it be possible for you to give a few more details about the crashes?

How often do you crash? Do you receive any error messages when the crash occurs? Does it just crash to desktop or does it freeze up your system.

Any extra information you can provide will be very helpful.

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

Dragen
07.07.2012 , 05:27 PM | #3
I had my 1st 110% crash today and been keeping sub on from january upto this day and will keep it on forever. Hoping that SWTOR stays as PTP model forever. Had crap grp finder running in background on Light Population Lord Calypho server and was queued for only 1 FP and that was Mandalorian Raiders. Space Mission was Javaal Fleet Action and just after took down 1st wave of enemy Ships there was 1sc freeze and then few seconds later crash to desktop without any message.

Don't usually use Crap EZ mode Grp Finder and don't like it in any Mmo's as wanna see work for mi own progress and not magically disappear from some location and then boof! standing in front of some Instance Entrance "Now it's Flashpoint oh and Operations also unfortunately..sad that Raid / Ops finder came also for Swtor this early :/ Now put it on just for fun to check if could get grp together in like 15mins or something on a Light pop.server even totally support relaxed pace adventuring in every Mmo and non Mmo.

I guess that's why cause it was on background it freezed 1st for a moment and then 10seconds later crashed to Desktop without any kind of Windows has detected an error and is checking the solution for the problem msg while did that. That mesage usually came when crashed in Dragon Age Origins for example. Before got it sorted out long time ago when adventured in DAO on hig challenge setting <3

Had some breaks earlier in year "still kept sub on ofc cause no reason to cancel it and wanna support Bioware and sub is no issue" but never had any crashes while been online in Sw Universe @ Star Wars the Old Republic. Tried to search the event log from Windows Event Viewer,but have no idea from what folder to look for it. in there.

Friendly regards: Terry

FX-6200
HD Radeon 6870
16gb ram.
That is all.
http://raptr.com/badge/appendix/fs_pc.png " “Arrakis teaches the attitude of the Knife - Chopping off what's incomplete and saying: 'Now, it's complete because it's ended here.' - From "Collected Sayings of Maud'Dib'' by the Princess Irulan”

bhking
07.07.2012 , 09:01 PM | #4
Faulting application swtor.exe, version 1.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4fecbff3, faulting module MemoryMan.dll, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4feb9adb, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x000067e3, process id 0x1264, application start time 0x01cd5c927263c5a8.
{Details}
Spoiler

That was what was in event viewer, Crashes most often happen inside of a warzone or when in a flashpoint.
If we ever reach the point where every class thinks they are completely balanced and everything is great, I'll take the red pill and unplug from the matrix.

Dragen
07.08.2012 , 07:32 AM | #5
Would love to know or have some speculations for what could have caused the random crash during Javaal Fleet Action. Happened after 1st waves of enemy ships in a way that 1st brief freeze and then few seconds later to desktop without any kind of message & client was just gone from toolbar & not running anymore.

Was very weird and happened for the 1st time "not a single crash after early access" after early access & been keeping subscription on from january and still keep it forever and hoping that Swtor never goes to FTP crap model.
I have Windows 7 Home Premium x64,4gig Ram and Radeon 6800 1gig Hd Card. 2.8ghz Dual Core Processor and no overclocking made.

Friendly regards: Terry

Would love to know how i would be able to find my crash log from event viewer..was able to find the startup of Swtor.exe from event viewer "in some folder,can't remember what it was after long search" & according to crash time i did try to search it from many folders,but couldn't find anything related to Swtor :/

Faulting application swtor.exe, version 1.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4fecbff3, faulting module MemoryMan.dll, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4feb9adb, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x000067e3, process id 0x1264, application start time 0x01cd5c927263c5a8.
{Details}
Spoiler

That was what was in event viewer, Crashes most often happen inside of a warzone or when in a flashpoint.
http://raptr.com/badge/appendix/fs_pc.png " “Arrakis teaches the attitude of the Knife - Chopping off what's incomplete and saying: 'Now, it's complete because it's ended here.' - From "Collected Sayings of Maud'Dib'' by the Princess Irulan”

bhking
07.13.2012 , 09:31 AM | #6
Hello?

Slick
07.13.2012 , 09:42 AM | #7
I have also experienced random crashes. I crashed twice in a battleground, both time in Navarre coast. the client closed and I was back at my desktop. I received no errors. I assumed is was something I did while frantically playing. Then It Happen just now as i logged in to a low level. I was on belsavis and just was riding my speeder when the same thing happened. I have never had a crash like this since I started this game.

Draginelf
07.13.2012 , 10:28 AM | #8
Had the random crash no errors second time now while on my jedi knight this time i was fighting mods sound went first then the random crash while i was fighting mobs during storming the fortress quest line
JEDI COVENANT
Dragineye - scoundrel healz
Dragin - Shadow tank
Indrag - Commando healz

Dragen
07.13.2012 , 04:21 PM | #9
Same here as i explained in couple posts below. Strange to have that kinda crash all of sudden and just sends u to desktop with no error msg. :/ Had it happen only during Javaal Fleet Action Space Mission.

Quote: Originally Posted by Slick View Post
I have also experienced random crashes. I crashed twice in a battleground, both time in Navarre coast. the client closed and I was back at my desktop. I received no errors. I assumed is was something I did while frantically playing. Then It Happen just now as i logged in to a low level. I was on belsavis and just was riding my speeder when the same thing happened. I have never had a crash like this since I started this game.