Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Low level & no Advanced Class

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Low level & no Advanced Class

Maxispore
07.07.2012 , 03:47 PM | #1
I am a lvl 11 Smuggler and I already got my ship.
If somebody knows how to advance fast please tell me.
I said Smuggler, not Gunslinger/Scoundrel because I don't know how to choose Advanced Class. If you have tips 'bout that tell me.
P.S. I tried at "Lefty" Grandarak (hope I wrote it right) and he says "I have no bussines with you.".

Miorum
07.07.2012 , 06:12 PM | #2
Usually, the first elevator you take on the Fleet will lead you to an NPC that has a quest for you; it should lead you to an Advanced Class trainer.

If, however, you didn't/can't get that, there's an NPC on Coruscant that'll direct you to one as well.

Good luck!
Miorum Dustmoore - Scoundrel
I'll only play "Sawbones" if I can take and sell your kidneys.

Gassygunslinger
07.07.2012 , 06:26 PM | #3
Heh, the first rule in an RPG, talk to everybody!

When you landed on the station, gone up the elevator to the big circular area where everyone was, there is a dude with a quest you can take (right next to the terminal that gives out a mission to get social points and learn crafting skills). Talk to him, and he'll point you to Lefty. I believe the dude you need to talk to first is on the far West end of the station. Near the elevator. Though it might be North end. Can't remember.

But yeah. Get your AC. And DON'T skip quests! You will be seriously underleveled if you keep doing that. And you'll hop onto a planet with no way of actually being able to beat anything.
Longtime SWG Vet: "Guillemette of Bria" Respect the Smuggler History
Elder Smuggler, Winner of the 5th Anniversary Rebel Painting Contest

Etten of Vrook Lamar.

Darlgon
07.08.2012 , 02:43 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Maxispore View Post
I am a lvl 11 Smuggler and I already got my ship.
If somebody knows how to advance fast please tell me.
I said Smuggler, not Gunslinger/Scoundrel because I don't know how to choose Advanced Class. If you have tips 'bout that tell me.
P.S. I tried at "Lefty" Grandarak (hope I wrote it right) and he says "I have no bussines with you.".
Umm.. NO WAY.. sorry.. What is the point of your post?

Getting your class spec is part of your class progression, which you have to do to get the ship you say you already have at level 11. Unless you are counting the ship that your arch nemisis stole from you at level 1 and does not give back until you are done with Coruscant. And, if the guy at fleet who is supposed to give you a quest to get class specialization wont talk to you, you did not finish your class quests on Ord Mantell. so head back there.

Oh, and lots of the quests in game are locked behind you being the proper level, which you barely are to get the advanced class quests. If you level faster, you will end up sitting on your thumbs with nothing to do.

Eternalnight
07.08.2012 , 05:25 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Darlgon View Post
Getting your class spec is part of your class progression, which you have to do to get the ship...
...And, if the guy at fleet who is supposed to give you a quest to get class specialization wont talk to you, you did not finish your class quests on Ord Mantell. so head back there.
WRONG!

Why do people keep posting that? Have you even ever played this game?

Getting advanced class is not tied to your class story progression in any way. You get it by talking to a specific quest giver at the fleet after leveling to 10. Being level 10 and talking to this quest giver are the only requirements. IT IS NOT TIED TO ANYTHING ELSE!
And also nothing else has a requirement of having picked your AC first in order to do it (except maybe to use group finder)

You can even go get your advanced class before you even have completed your class story at the starting planet, if you reach level 10 before that, and then go back to the starting planet to finish it.
Alternatively, you can complete your class story in your starting planet before reaching level 10 and move on to the next planet and do it's story missions without even getting your advanced class.

It is quite possible to complete Coruscant and get your ship without having picked your advanced class. (although most people who do this know what they are doing)

It is also possible to do it at level 11 if you skip all the side quests (although the last fight with an level 16 elite before you get your ship must have been a tough one for a level 11, if he did not have help)

Giondi
07.09.2012 , 03:39 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
It is also possible to do it at level 11 if you skip all the side quests (although the last fight with an level 16 elite before you get your ship must have been a tough one for a level 11, if he did not have help)
It would have been completely impossible, given that if something is five levels above you, all your attacks automatically miss or get resisted.
Quote: Originally Posted by Bedwarmer View Post
Dear Dps; I assure you that you were, in fact, nowhere remotely close to "One heal from soloing it."
Every MMO forum in under 30 seconds.

Gassygunslinger
07.09.2012 , 07:11 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Giondi View Post
It would have been completely impossible, given that if something is five levels above you, all your attacks automatically miss or get resisted.
With help, VERY possible. In my guild, I've known of some cases where on TC, one player (with a level 50 exported character) would help lower levels clear chapter 1 quickly and easily so they'd get a title.

But yeah. I've seen it happen on live as well. You get some new player drafted into a guild, and a lot of them unfortunately get kind of... Sheltered.
Longtime SWG Vet: "Guillemette of Bria" Respect the Smuggler History
Elder Smuggler, Winner of the 5th Anniversary Rebel Painting Contest

Etten of Vrook Lamar.